Epilogue

Suddenly Royal (Tawaran Trilogy, #1)

01/27/13

Last chapter!! I hope you guys liked it!!


            Hyunseung brought Hyuna safely back to the Palace. When they arrived, prisoners were being led to the dungeon, and Victoria and Nichkhun were walking out of the grand hall.

            “Oh my!” Hyuna exclaimed when she saw the bloodied bandage across Nichkhun’s stomach. Tears formed in her eyes. “Nichkhun!”

            “Don’t worry, Hyuna. He’ll be fine,” Victoria reassured her. If she hadn’t been providing support for Nichkhun, she would have rushed over to Hyuna and given her a bear hug. “How about you? Are you okay?”

            “Yes, I’m okay,” Hyuna replied, beaming at Hyunseung.

            “I see you two had some excitement of your own,” Nichkhun observed.

            “Yes,” Hyuna grinned.

            “Finally using magic?” Nichkhun guessed.

            Hyunseung’s eyes widened. “How did you know?”

            “I haven’t seen you this happy in a long time.”

            Smiling, Hyunseung looked over at Hyuna.

            Witnessing this moment, Nichkhun looked thoughtful.

            :::

            It was a week after the battle, and thanks to Advisor Hon’s healing charm, everyone who was injured was healed. Taecyeon, who had suffered the most, thankfully returned to his regular joyful self.

            When asked about the spell that was cast upon Sarelli, Taecyeon explained to the royals and assistants that his past reincarnation had predicted such an event would happen. “My past life knew that a descendent would attempt to overthrow the king, so he cast a spell upon the whole family. If any member in the family directly or indirectly kills the prospective king, that member will be killed himself or herself.”

            Now, it was time for the commemoration ceremony, and in two days, Nichkhun and Victoria were to be married.

            The king and queen were wearing yellow silk robes with red designs while the royal assistants were wearing blue robes with yellow designs. The four of them walked down the aisle of the grand hall and seated themselves on their respective seats. Standing in front of them were governors and politicians, each representing a village in the land.

            Nichkhun began to address the audience in the grand hall, and after the initial greeting, he received a scroll from an advisor and proceeded to announce the changes in the political system that were agreed upon in the advisor meetings. Finally, after proclaiming the last change, Nichkhun put down the scroll and made another announcement.

            “There is one last change in the law that the queen and I, along with the advisors, have agreed upon,” Nichkhun said confidently.

            Hyunseung and Hyuna looked at each other, confused.

            Victoria cleared . “From now on, the royal assistants are no longer forbidden to marry. Honestly, the laws restricting the assistants to marry do more harm than good.”

            “We understand that our previous incarnations had established the rule for a reason,” Nichkhun explained. “However, in this current incarnation, we believe it is beneficial for us to retract the rule.”

            “Yes,” Victoria agreed. “If, in our next incarnation, this rule is once again required, we allow the rule to be reinstated. However, while the king and I are still alive, this rule will be nullified.”

            “The meeting is dismissed,” Nichkhun ended the commemoration ceremony.

            After all the guests have left, Hyuna turned to Victoria and hugged her. The tears she had been holding back spilled over. “Thank you, thank you so much. You have no idea what this means to me!”

            “It’s the only way to pay you back for what you’ve done for me all these years,” Victoria replied. She broke the hug and looked into Hyuna’s eyes. “You deserve happiness as well.”

            Hyunseung had a wide smile on his face. Looking at Nichkhun, he said. “I never expected this.”

            Nichkhun smirked. “It was the only logical conclusion.”

            “Pshh, you and your arrogance,” Hyunseung rolled his eyes. Still, his smile was still plastered on his face.

            Nichkhun laughed. “You and your humility.”

            There was a shout of delight, and the four of them turned to the source. It was Taecyeon rushing toward them.

            “She’s coming, she’s coming!” Taecyeon shouted excitedly.

            “Who’s coming?” Victoria asked, confused.

            “The girl I’m going to marry!” Taecyeon replied.

            Advisor Hon walked in and bowed to Nichkhun. “Your Highness, there is a guest seeking your attendance.”

            “Let her in,” Nichkhun nodded.

            The advisor bowed again and backed up, revealing a girl with tattered clothing and messy hair.

            Still, the girl maintained composure and bowed to Victoria and Nichkhun. “My king and queen, my name is Im Yoona. I am a recently orphaned girl who had just been sold to the brothel by my uncle. After hearing this news, I immediately escaped and ran over here. My request for the two of you is to send me to a respectable temple so I can pursue the modest life of a monk.”


Aaaannnnndddd there's the segue to Suddenly Perplexed, the sequel to this story!

Based on popular demand (at least during July 2012), Taecyeon's pairing will be Yoona!! If you want to read about more about Taecyeon's love life, make sure to subscribe to Suddenly Royal's sequel, Suddenly Perplexed!!