Finale

Suddenly Royal (Tawaran Trilogy, #1)

01/27/13

One more chapter to go, guys D: *cry cry* It was a blast writing this story for you guys~~ Thank you all for your support!!!


            Explosions landed on the circle of people in the grand hall. Advisors who had sneaked in were not invisible anymore. The guards fired their guns, but the bullets reflected off the invisible shields.

            Nichkhun pulled out the knife in his stomach. Victoria let go of Sarelli, and Sarelli immediately grabbed for Victoria’s knife. They struggled for the knife until Nichkhun stabbed the leader in the back.

            Quickly taking advantage of Sarelli’s weak state, Victoria ran away. Looking back, she exchanged glances with Nichkhun. Both nodded their heads. Victoria rushed to Taecyeon’s side. Thankfully, an advisor had put the shields on him when Victoria and Nichkhun were causing the distraction, but he was still trapped in the metal instruments. With her knowledge of metal devices, Victoria was able to free Taecyeon in a matter of seconds.

            Taecyeon smiled weakly at her. “Good job.”

            “As if you didn’t expect it,” Victoria brushed off his praise.

            “You’d better go back to Nichkhun,” Taecyeon said. “He’ll need help.”

            Looking at Taecyeon struggling to stand up, Victoria asked, “How about you?”

            “I’ll manage.”

            Victoria turned around and looked at the suddenly chaotic grand hall. Servants were now armed with spears, and the ambusher guards reverted to their knives since bullets were of no use. She saw many spear-knife fights occur, and a surge of emotion ran through her when she realized that the servants were risking their lives for her.

            I won’t let you guys down.

            She spotted Nichkhun and Sarelli in a fist fight. The knife was on the ground and out of reach. Looking to the right, Victoria saw a guard a few yards away, charging at the two potential kings with a knife.

            Breaking off into a run, Victoria crashed into the guard in the nick of time, using her momentum to push the guard to the ground. Right at that moment, Nichkhun landed a punch on Sarelli’s jaw, knocking the leader unconscious.

            :::

            The fight had ended, and many ambushers were dead, injured, and unconscious. The ones still alive were tied up. A conscious but injured Sarelli was tied up and monitored by two servants and two advisors, one of whom was Advisor Apuy. The leader and guards were to be situated in the dungeon.

            The advisors were slightly injured, and many servants were also injured and dead. Advisor Hon limped over to Nichkhun and casted a healing charm on the wound in his stomach.

            “The wound will not fully heal until after a day or two, even with this charm,” Advisor Hon warned. “Since you exacerbated the wound a lot when fighting.”

            Victoria, who was sitting beside Nichkhun, expressed her thanks. “It’s amazing that this idiot is still alive with a wound that deep. I’m just glad he’ll be alright.”

            Advisor Hon smiled proudly. “I’m glad the nation has such a courageous king… and queen.”

            Seeing Advisor Hon’s genuine smile, Victoria bowed her head. “Thank you, advisor.”

            The advisor left to tend to other people, and Victoria looked down at Nichkhun, who was wincing from the pain. Resting her hand gently on his stomach, Victoria smiled.

            “So is it true?” he asked. Victoria looked at him in confusion. “You’re carrying my child?”

            She scoffed at him. If Nichkhun wasn’t injured, she would have hit him. Hard. “How the hell would I know?! It’s only been a day!”

            Nichkhun laughed but immediately regretted it.

            “Careful,” Victoria whispered soothingly, leaning closer to him. They looked at each other’s eyes, enjoying the closeness.

            “You were amazing today,” he smiled.

            “I could say the same for you,” she smiled back.

            Nichkhun reached his arm up and brought her head down to his. The kiss felt like the first one they shared with each other. There was a peaceful feeling, like Victoria was floating on clouds.

            And that’s when she knew that she felt what her previous incarnations felt.

            That’s when she knew that—

            “I love you,” Victoria whispered as she broke the kiss.

            Looking into her eyes, Nichkhun grinned from ear to ear. “I love you too.”

            And once again, Victoria was blinded by his smile.