Not Possessed Anymore

Suddenly Royal (Tawaran Trilogy, #1)

08/23/12

Want to know more about the spell?


            “Hyuna has been very out of it lately,” Victoria remarked. She was sitting in Taecyeon’s room, sipping a cup of tea. For the past few days, Taecyeon had been talking non-stop about the girl in his visions. He’s been basically repeating everything he said the first time he mentioned her, Victoria groaned inwardly.

            She would have recommended playing a game of chess instead, but she already knew that Taecyeon would win every single game due to his precognition. So, to break Taecyeon’s endless monologue about his dream girl, Victoria decided to bring in a new subject. Of course, it wasn’t really “new” to Taecyeon, since he already foresaw the change in conversation.

            “Hyuna’s experiencing something similar to what you’re experiencing now,” Taecyeon replied vaguely. “You’ll be able to do something about it later.”

            “You mean she’s also extremely bored?” Victoria remarked sarcastically.

            Taecyeon gave Victoria a look. “You should be grateful that I let you say that.”

            “Well, you would have ‘heard’ it either way,” Victoria stuck out her tongue. Hmm, what else should we talk about? I really don’t want to hear him talk about Miss Dream Girl again. Suddenly, she remembered something. Victoria could ask Taecyeon about the spell that was cast by a previous advisor. The one that allowed previous incarnations of the king and queen to take over Nichkhun’s and her body. But she hesitated.

            “Oh, come on, spit it out,” Taecyeon let out an exasperated sigh. “I’ve been waiting for you to ask this for days now!”

            “Well, since you know what I’m about to say, why should I say it?” Victoria rebelled.

            Taecyeon had a twinkle in his eye. “Because you need the practice.”

            She scoffed. “I doubt the advisors would agree with you. They think I have too much practice speaking my mind.”

            “Come on, just do it,” Taecyeon urged. “I don’t have all day, you know?”

            Victoria laughed. “What? You can’t wait until you can start dreaming about your girl again?”

            Taecyeon gave her another look.

            “Alright, alright,” Victoria gave up. She took a deep breath. “I want to know more about the spell you mentioned at breakfast a few months ago.”

            “Specifically?”

            Victoria rolled her eyes. “Specifically the one concerning Nichkhun and me. I want to know how it works and how it is instigated.”

            “It’s instigated when you two get into a fight, or when both of you are being irrational,” Taecyeon replied. “Previous incarnations of the king and queen will take over Nichkhun’s and your body. It’s as if you two ‘remember’ your past lives.”

            “So we guessed correctly…”

            “But?” Taecyeon urged on.

            It was times like these when Victoria wished Taecyeon would at least pretend to not know what’s going to happen. “A few nights ago, I’m pretty sure Nichkhun and I were being really irrational with each other.”

            “Making out isn’t that irrational.”

            Victoria glared at him. “You don’t have to spell it out!”

            Taecyeon shrugged. “It’s not like I don’t know already. If I pressured you enough, you would have spit it out eventually.”

            Victoria sighed. “Well?”

            “It’s because the spell’s purpose is already fulfilled.”

            After hearing that, her heart seemed to stop. “Y-You mean its purpose of trying to push us together?”

            “That’s the one,” Taecyeon nodded. “Look, there’s no reason to be afraid.”

            “But…” Victoria didn’t know what to say. I… I can’t avoid it anymore. She had already been suspicious of this a while ago, “But…”

            “The last step to grief is acceptance,” Taecyeon preached. “Wait… That might not be the best way to describe this.”

            “But what if…” Victoria couldn’t finish her sentence. It was too embarrassing.

            “If he doesn’t like you back?!” Taecyeon was appalled. “Do you see his face whenever you come to my room? It’s the most depressing thing in my life!”

            “That’s an exaggeration.”

            “Okay okay, I’ve seen more depressing things,” Taecyeon admitted. “But you can’t just live in fear for the rest of your life. Honestly, your parents wouldn’t want that, and I know you know that as well.”

            No, they wouldn’t want that, Victoria agreed. Was there any other choice besides accepting it? “Will he…”

            “No, he won’t cheat on you,” Taecyeon reassured. “One will die shortly after the other, but the both of you will have lived a long and healthy life.”

            “This is just a possible future, right?” Victoria wanted to confirm.

            “As is every prediction I make, yes. The future is not set in stone,” Taecyeon replied. Then, he smiled. “So you’d better listen to what I say!”

            Victoria knew what was coming, even without the ability to see the future. “What do I have to do this time?”

            “Tonight, at eleven o’clock, take off Nichkhun’s necklace and give it to me,” Taecyeon’s smile had disappeared. “I’ll be waiting for you outside your room.”

            Victoria’s stomach dropped. “It’s coming soon, then? Whatever it is?”

            Taecyeon smiles bitterly. “Before anything else, make sure to keep Nichkhun safe. Remember that.”

            Victoria nodded resolutely.