A Plan?

Suddenly Royal (Tawaran Trilogy, #1)

08/06/12

A complete setback for Khuntoria. What will their friends do about this? Cliffhanger :P Note: There is a teeny tiny bit of profane language, so brace yourselves :P

Sorry for the short chapter! I just seemed like a good stopping point o.O I'll update soon~


            After that incident, Victoria and Nichkhun rarely spoke to each other. In fact, the only time they even talked to each other was in the advisor meetings, and even then, they didn’t exchange eye contact.

            Hyuna had been bombarding Victoria with questions about what had happened. “You two have been getting along so well, and then, boom! You guys are even colder to each other than before! At least before, you guys argued with each other! Now, it’s like you two exist on two different planes, two different worlds!”

            At that statement, Victoria merely smiled and said nothing. It was the only way. The only way Victoria would be able to hide something from Hyuna was to just not speak. Because if she spoke, terrible things would come out of .

            No, Victoria couldn’t tell Hyuna that she had initiated a kiss with Nichkhun. No, she couldn’t tell Hyuna that Nichkhun had kissed her back, and no, she definitely could not say that something within her had sparked. Something that she didn’t know she was inside her had reared its ugly head and had almost swallowed her whole. Victoria needed to keep a tight leash on that thing, and not speaking about that incident kept things in check.

            A few nights ago, her eyes accidentally met Nichkhun’s, and suddenly, she had the urge to run up to him and kiss his eyelids. Even worse, just yesterday, she found herself looking at his lips!  

            It can't be legal to have such a deep set Cupid’s bow, Victoria accidentally let her mind wander. ! No, I’m not supposed to think of that! Nor am I supposed to think of…

            Victoria sighed. Being in the same room with Nichkhun is suffocating enough, but even with him a mile away, she still found herself being plagued with his presence.

                                    ::::::

            As usual, Hyuna met with Hyunseung before breakfast. They were discussing the obvious distance that suddenly separated the king and queen.

            “They were slowly getting closer to each other, one step at a time,” Hyuna mourned.

            “But this is like taking three steps back,” Hyunseung agreed.

            “No, it’s even worse than when they started,” Hyuna practically cried. “Before, they hated each other. But now, they’re just indifferent! At least when they hated each other, they felt something.”

            “Indifference is worse than hate, huh?” Hyunseung observed.

            Hyuna nodded. “We have to do something about this. Something needs to shock them out of this… indifference.”

            Suddenly, a voice came from behind them. “Don’t worry. I’ve got everything under control.”

            Hyuna and Hyunseung turned. It was Taecyeon.

            “Don’t try to push them together,” Taecyeon continued. “Or else, they’ll resist.”

            “Then what are you planning to do?” Hyunseung asked. “Pull them further apart?”

            Taecyeon smiles.