Being Specific

Suddenly Royal (Tawaran Trilogy, #1)

08/23/12

Nichkhun's major case of jealousy.

Warning: There is more foul language than usual :P


            That night, Victoria was nervous. What if he notices when I take off his necklace? Nichkhun usually sleeps earlier and wakes up earlier than she does, so she shouldn’t have anything to worry about. Still, adrenaline rushed in her veins as she waited for the clock to strike eleven.

            After what felt like an eternity, it was finally time to act. Getting out of her bed, Victoria slowly crept up to Nichkhun’s side of the room. Kneeling down next to him, she reached out to unclasp his necklace.

            Yes! Victoria silently cheered. The necklace was off, and Nichkhun hadn’t made any movements. Quickly, she opened the door and walked out. Seeing Taecyeon waiting, Victoria rushed over and gave him the necklace.

            “Good luck,” Victoria whispered.

            “Thanks, you too,” Taecyeon replied tersely.

            Going back into her room, Victoria tried her best to silently close the door.

            “What were you doing?”

            She jumped at the sound of Nichkhun’s voice. Shutting the door, she turned around to see Nichkhun’s emotionless face. “Gosh, you scared me!”

            “I heard you talking to someone outside. How long have you guys been talking?” his voice was dangerously calm. The calm before the storm, Victoria thought warily. But he didn’t notice me taking off the necklace. That’s a good thing.

            “Jeez, I was only talking to him for only a second,” Victoria scoffed.

            Nichkhun walked closer to Victoria. She could almost see the anger seething through his poker face. It was going to burst soon. “Why couldn’t you talk about it in the morning?”

            “It was urgent,” Victoria replied. She didn’t know why, but she continued to provoke him. “Gosh, Nichkhun, way to be overprotective. You’re not my father, you know?”

            Nichkhun practically snarled. “No, but I’m your husband!”

            “You’re—” Victoria was about to say something, but she reconsidered it.

            “What?”

            “Nothing.”

            Nichkhun grabbed her shoulders. “Tell me!”

            Victoria could see red in his eyes. Quietly, she muttered, “You’re not my husband yet…”

            That was his limit. His grip on Victoria tightened. This time, he shouted so loudly that Victoria was positive Hyuna and Hyunseung would hear. “Oh, so you go out and have an affair before you’re tied to me for the rest of your life?!”

            But Victoria had her own share of anger. “What?! No! Of course not! I’d never do that!”

            “Well, you sure seem like you would.”

             At this point, she didn’t care who was able to hear them. “You don’t trust me at all, do you?!”

            “Then stop being so ing vague!” Nichkhun yelled back. “Tell me more about your urgent rendezvous and I’ll trust you! Besides, how can I trust you when you run off with Taecyeon every day of the week?”

            “I’m not cheating on you!”

            “That’s what you say! How do I know for sure?! What if you secretly like him more than you like me?” Nichkhun accused. “You never seem reluctant to go with him.”

            “He’s your brother!”

            “Exactly! He’s my brother!”

            “What?” Victoria furrowed her eyebrows. “What does that even mean?!”

            “I’m saying,” Nichkhun lowered his voice an octave. The mood darkened instantly. He stepped even closer to her. “That if you’re cheating on me with my brother, you’d not only be hurting the country, but you’d also be destroying my family.”

            Neither of them said anything, but they kept their eyes on each other. Their anger had been replaced by a different type of heat.

            “You’re not going to add to that?” Victoria whispered. “So I’ll hurt the nation and destroy your family. Nothing more?”

            Nichkhun’s gaze didn’t falter. “Do I even need to add to that?”

            “Says the man who accused me of being vague,” Victoria countered, trying to ignore the effect his voice had on her.

            He hesitated for a moment. “Above all else, I will suffer the most from your actions.”

            Heat rose up to Victoria’s face. She didn’t expect him to actually admit it. “Way to be so formal about it.”

            After hearing her remark, Nichkhun’s anger was back. “Then what do you want?! You know how I feel. I bet the whole camp knows how I feel!”

            “That’s how I feel when you accuse me of being vague!” Victoria shouted. “Don’t you already know how I feel?”

            “No! I don’t! Don’t even think about comparing yourself to me!” Nichkhun’s face was less than four inches away. “I don’t have rampant rumors flying around saying that I’m having an affair! Damn! Why can’t you just tell me what’s going on?!”

            “I already told you!” Victoria tried to drag her eyes away from his Cupid’s bow. “Nothing is going on!”

            “I don’t believe it.”

            “You! You insecure, distrustful bastard!” Victoria pushed him away from her, and he yielded. “How do you expect me to answer your question when you’re not even asking it?!”

             “What do you mean?” He walked back to her. “I just asked you a bunch of questions!”

            “You’re not asking the question that you want to ask!” She threw her arms up. “Gosh! I don’t even know if you’re in denial or if you’re actually this stupid! And you want me to be specific?! I’ll show you what specific means!”

            Victoria grabbed his head and pulls him toward her, smashing her lips on his. After a few moments, she let go. “There, do you get it now?! I like you! That’s specific enough! I ing like you! I might even love you, you ! Why do you have to be so ing insec—”

            They were kissing, with Nichkhun’s hands cradling Victoria’s head.