chapter08

Kris Wu must die.

 

 
“Do you know each other, or not?” Kris questioned

“You must have confused me with someone else. I am not Zitao. My name is Tao, nice to meet you” Tao replied extending his hand for a handshake

Sungmin eyed him, not believing a single word that came out from the younger’s mouth.

“Wait, isn’t Tao just a short name for Zitao? Are you sure you don’t remember me? It’s me Lee Sungmin.” Sungmin replied

“Maybe we have met before. Anyways shouldn’t we start working?” Tao asked anxiously

“We probably should.” Kris replied while walking behind the bar.

That night, the bar was extremely crowded. It didn’t really help that Tao was new to this job. Although he did nothing wrong, in the contrast he was exceptionally fast and helpful, he couldn’t stop feeling like he would mess things up every time.

Kris watched their new waiter, smiling at the costumers while handing them the drinks.

He pitted Tao, the way everyone constantly hitting on the younger, trying to gain his attention made him want to laugh at loud.

He himself, got hit on very frequently, but Kris was lucky, he was behind the bar, not like poor Tao who was always amongst the crowd.

One particular guy crossed the line, as he tried to grab Tao’s thigh, and as Kris repeated in his head, tried, because Tao was quick enough to get a hold of the drunk person.

How in hell, did Tao manage, to throw the guy on the floor while gracefully handing drinks to another couple, Kris couldn’t tell.

As it appeared it was Tao’s bad day, as everyone seemed to openly flirt with him, in ways a sane person never would.

Maybe it was the heavy drinks, or maybe Tao was sometimes just too hot for the costumers to handle. Kris hoped it was the first.

By the time the bar was about to close, Kris could swear that half of the costumers had left their numbers for the young waiter on the bar.

Kris quickly threw them away, not even asking Tao if he wanted to keep them.

He guessed Tao didn’t, as a displeased frown was plastered on his face.

The younger didn’t enjoy getting hit on, did he?

“Where are you going?” Kris asked.

The bar was now closed, and it was time for them to leave as well.

“To the bathroom, I am going to wash my rage away~” Tao sing sang while slightly laughing.

Tao entered the bathroom, and splashed water on his face.

He was so tired. Maybe a legal job, wasn’t that pleasant, as he had expected, anyway.

“Why where you lying earlier?” He heard Sungmin’s voice behind him

“If this is all about-“

“Sungmin, the past is the past. Last thing I want, is getting involved in it again. Can you please act like my simple co-worker and nothing else? I don’t need drama again.” Tao said, with a stern voice

Sungmin nodded and Tao took that as a cue to leave.

He headed to the car with Kris as the older drove silently away.

Kris didn’t miss the pissed look on Tao’s face.

“Is something wrong? You look-“

“MAD” Tao completed

“I just hate it when people from the past, just won’t stay in the ing past” Tao replied, between his teeth.

“What do you-“

“Why do you care anyways?” Tao spat out angrily.

Kris scoffed. He shouldn’t have asked

Tao signed. His ‘real’ job was to get closer with Kris, not to drive him away.

“I’m sorry, it is just that… can you please just drive?” Tao asked with a soft voice

He sounded so broken.

Kris nodded. He wasn’t planning on chit-chatting with Tao anyways.

Tao slowly closed his eyes, letting himself travel in dreamland.

His head slowly fell on the side, right on Kris’s shoulder.

Kris signed and smiled.

He lightly patted Tao’s head, with his free hand.

He glanced at the sleeping beauty next to him, wondering why Tao always found a way to create new feelings to the older.

He concentrated on the road, wanting to stop thinking about Tao.

It was… unhealthy. Always thinking about a boy you haven’t known for more than 2 days.

But what was that with Sungmin anyways?

He decided to ask Sungmin tomorrow about it.

 

By the time he arrived outside his house, Tao was still soundlessly sleeping.

He pushed Tao’s shoulders, as the younger slowly woke up.

He smiled at Kris, a rather cute smile, Kris had never seen before.

“Kris.” Tao muttered as he searched his pockets.

“I think I left my keys at the bar” he completed, looking Kris with a pleading look.

“Please” Tao begged

“Forget it. I am not driving back to get you keys.” Kris replied

“That’s not what I am asking. Can I sleep at your house?” Tao chirped using his most childish voice, he himself didn’t know he could master that baby sound anyways.

Kris signed. Of course Tao just wanted to sleep at his house. AGAIN.

“Fine” he mumbled in defeat.

“Yes!” Tao laughed as he jumped up and down in joy.

“Keep it down. People are sleeping”

Tao nodded as he linked his arm with Kris’s and started walking towards the house.

“What do you think you are doing?” Kris questioned while pushing Tao's hands away.

Tao pouted and stomped on his foot.

"Just open the door. I am freezing” Tao replied looking down

They both headed to Kris’s room. Tao took off his clothes and laid down. He quickly fell asleep.

Kris snickered. How could a person who claimed he was cold 5 minutes ago, now laid almost on his bed?

He picked up Tao’s clothes, as the younger had carelessly tossed them there. He stopped on his tracks when a dinging sound came from Tao’s pants.

He searched them, and quick enough he found the source of that stupid sound, Tao’s house keys.

He smirked, wondering if Tao was dump enough not to notice the key’s on his pockets or he really wanted to sleep with him again.

He supposed it was the second, Tao didn’t look that stupid.

But why?

Why did Tao wanted to sleep with him?

He shrugged. He would find out tomorrow, now, he was too tired to do anything.

He laid next to his so called friend and quickly fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***************************************************************************

Tao woke up extra early that morning, preparing himself for the drama that would surely take place later.

He looked at Kris, wondering how a person managed to look like a god while wearing plain pajamas.

He signed as he decided not wearing his clothes was probably the best choice. Why? You’ll see later…

He tip-toed to Sehun’s room not wanting to wake up Kris.

Well, if he even wanted to wake him up he would probably fail miserably.

He opened the door to Sehun’s room, that was luckily unlocked, he didn’t feel breaking in, anyways.

Sehun seemed alarmed as his eyes shot up.

“T-Tao?” Sehun muttered with his horse morning voice confused.

“Can you hide my keys?” Tao asked

“Wait. What keys? Why are you even here? How did you get in?”

“Long story, can you just keep my keys for a while? I’ll take them back soon.” Tao explained

“If I have your keys, how are you supposed to enter your house?” Sehun asked standing up

“Those are my spare keys which I, myself didn’t know I even had with me. My actual keys are at the bar.” Tao replied while taking a sit on a black leather chair.

“Did you forget them there? And why do you want to hide your keys?”

“Don’t be ridiculous, Sehun. No way in hell I would ever forget my keys. I just hid them at the bar. Anyways, can’t you just keep my spare keys for a little while? I just don’t want Kris to find them. Let’s just say Kris doesn’t know I had access to my house, and I want to keep it that way.”

Tao breathed in, frustrated, what if Kris had already seen the keys?

Sehun nodded, as he took they key’s out of Tao’s grasp.

“By the way, why are you in your boxers?”

Tao smirked before cracking a side smile.

“Maybe I got some action with Kris yesterday” he muttered.

Sehun’s eyes widened in utter shock and horror. His innocence just flew out the window.

“Kidding. That was not in my contract anyway!” Tao replied while ruffling Sehun’s hair.

Sehun gave him a weird look before ushering him out of the room.

“Oh I forgot! Whatever you here, don’t come out of your room!” Tao exclaimed

He smiled and headed back to Kris’s room.

He laid next to his so called ‘target’ and stared at him lovingly. Maybe this job wasn’t that bad. He had the chance to hang out with Kris, that under other circumstances he never would be able to.

He then took his phone and dialed Luna’s number he had saved yesterday.

“Come” he whispered before shutting his phone and tossing it away.

A light smirk was plastered on his face, wondering how Kris would react.

Well, he would find out, sooner or later.

 

Half an hour passed, and Kris was still sleeping. Tao was of course wide awake, cursing Kris under his breath.

How could this pig, still be sleeping, Tao didn’t know.

It was past 12 already!

He heard the bell rang, hoping that the sound would wake Kris up.

And as it appeared, god had spared him and Kris finally woke up.

Tao quickly returned to his corpse mode aka play dead and asleep.

Kris lazily rubbed his eyes, wondering who in hell had decided to show up at this early hour. He checked his watch, well never mind, he thought while unsteadily standing up.

He glanced at Tao, who was still sleeping, and chuckled. He wasn’t the only heavy sleeper here.

He headed downstairs, wondering why Sehun wasn’t up by now.

He shrugged, maybe Sehun fell asleep late.

He opened the door widely, ready to shout out his guts to whoever managed to interrupt his precious sleep

“L-Luna?” Kris muttered confused while ruffling his hair.

Luna smiled waving her hand.

“Good morning Kris!” She chirped happily

A warm smile spread across Kris’s face.

“Come in” he said, before even questioning what Luna was doing in his house.

“Long time no see.” He said

“Yes, I know, I’ve been so busy lately. But not busy enough to be kept away from my adorable-“

Kris’s heart skipped a beat

“Tao.”

Kris was about to smile, a real smile, when he heard Tao’s name coming out from Luna’s mouth.

“Wait, what?” he asked rather confused.

How could Luna possibly know Tao?

“Hey, love.” Tao said while he climbed down the stairs.

“Pika buuu!!” Luna yelled skipping towards Tao happily.

She kissed his cheek lovingly, wondering how much time would it take for Kris to finally explode.

Tao was boiling inside, Luna was just too much for him.

He grabbed Luna’s hand and walked towards Kris.

Thank goodness Tao had decided to dress up.

“Hey Kris” Tao said

“Tao, do you know each other?”

“Of course we do. Luna is my-”

‘Don’t say it’ Kris thought.

“Girlfriend”

Kris felt a pinch at his heart.

Although he wasn’t quite sure if he was jealous of Tao, or of Luna.

“Since when?” He muttered looking at the ceiling.

“We haven’t known each other for long, but it was love from first sight” Luna said smiling like a fool

Kris nodded.

He just wanted to lie down and disappear.

“But why are you here?” Kris asked harshly

“Oh that, here” Luna said as she took the keys out of her pocket. “I went to the bar, to see Tao, but by the time I arrived he was gone. I was gonna leave but then I noticed his house keys. I asked Sungmin if he had seen you, and he said you left with Kris, so I thought you would crush at his house. It was so late, so I decided to just head back home and hand you the keys tomorrow. So, here?” Luna said as she handed Tao his Keys. Tao took them and Kris could only stare in shock.

If Tao had left his keys at the bar, whose keys where at his pocket?

“Wait.” Kris said as he stepped towards Tao

“WAIT, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” Tao yelled.

Kris was roaming Tao’s body, and to be more specific, Tao’s pants.

“I just need to check something.’ Kris said as he tried to shove his hand in Tao’s pocket

“And that something is in my pants?!” Tao asked horrified.

“Yes” Kris replied.

“Is this some kind of sick you have there? Stop touching me!” Tao yelled, freeing himself from Kris’s grasp.

Kris wanted to just dramatically face palm himself.

He must have looked like some kind of ert.

“We’ll be going.” Tao said annoyed.

Kris nodded in embarrassment. He just wanted to check Tao’s pockets, to see if the keys were there.

But of course, to his surprise, they weren’t.

Luna left the house with Tao.

“But seriously, did you have to hide the keys in the men’s bathroom? Do you know how hard it was to enter there without getting weird looks?” Luna said before taking off.