chapter03

Kris Wu must die.

 

 

“Hey there!” Tao replied while plastering a smile on his face.

“Kris right?” He asked still smiling.

“Yes. Oh I remember you. You’re my new neighbor. (?)” Kris replied slightly unsure.

Tao nodded.

“What are you doing here? Why were you following me?” Kris asked

Tao pointed at himself.

“What? Me? I wasn’t following you! It just happens that I was heading this way as well.” Tao replied while playing with his fingers nervously

“Then why are you here? The bar isn’t open for costumers yet.” Kris explained

“I’m the new waiter” Tao replied simply while looking Kris in the eyes.

“Oh” Kris mouthed.

“Then, come with me. I’ll take you to the boss. He will tell you what to do.” Kris replied as he grabbed Tao hand leading the way.

Tao felt rather… uncomfortable.

He did not like touching Kris.

It made him feel uneasy…

They stopped in front of a big black door and Kris knocked lightly.

Tao felt nauseous. He took a deep breath and opened the door while Kris stayed behind.

“And you are?” A man, probably in his mid-20’s asked.

“I’m Tao.” He said lowly

“Aw you are the boy the girls told me about. Kris, if you may.” The boss said showing the door with his hand

Kris took the hint and left the room.

“Sit.” The man said politely as Tao took the seat in front of him.

“I’m Suho, your new boss. How old are you Tao? Have you ever done this before?” Suho asked friendlily.

“I just turned 18. No I haven’t, but I will work hard!” Tao said excited. He really liked his new boss. He gave him this friendly vibe that he hadn’t felt for a long time.

“You are so young and cute!” Suho exclaimed.

“Well if you need anything, you could ask the guys working here or you could come to me. You’ll work from 9pm to 5am. Remember the rules: if any costumer buys you a drink, you can take it but please don’t get drunk. You are here to work anyways. You can wear anything you want, but please dress nicely. Don’t be cold with the costumers and don’t yell at them. Be friendly. “Suho explained and Tao listened carefully. He didn’t want to mess this up.

“That is all. You can start working from tomorrow. We are still renovating, so the bar won’t open today.”

Tao nodded as he slowly got up.

“It was nice meeting you.” Tao said as he extended his hand for a handshake.

“The pleasure was all mine.” Suho replied while grinning and returning the handshake.

Tao headed for the door and opened it.

He found Kris leaning against the wall. Tao snickered. Kris was just standing and he looked like a model in a photo-shoot.

“So you’ll start working here.” Kris said.

Tao nodded slightly as he took his leave.

But then he stopped. His main purpose working here was to get close to Kris, and when he had the chance he would just walk away?

“The boss said the bar won’t open for today.” Tao said as he looked behind him.

“Yeah I was informed when I came here.” Kris replied as he walked next to Tao.

“So wanna go together back home?” Tao asked

Kris eyed him suspiciously.

“I- I mean since you live next door, we could go home together. I mean it’s –“

“I get it. Let’s go.” Kris cut him in as he playfully pushed Tao’s shoulder and started walking again ahead.

Tao skipped ahead, next to Kris and smiled unintentionally.

“So” Tao started “we live next door and we work at the same place! What a coincidence.” Tao said

“Coincidence? I think not.” Kris mumbled under his breath.

“What was that?” Tao said as he failed to hear Kris’s whisper.

“Nothing.” Kris replied as he kept on walking

They got outside and it was already getting dark.

Tao kept his eyes glued on the floor.

‘So awkward!’ Tao thought.

None of them spoke. No, it wasn’t one of those comfortable silences, it was nerve wracking as none of them talked or said anything.

“So Kris, how old are you?” Tao decided to try and break the ice after that unbearable silence.

“I’m 22. You?” He asked back.

“I’m 18.” Tao replied.

“18? You look older” Kris said stunned.

It was true. Everyone who first met Tao thought he was at least 23. It was actually pretty annoying.

“So are you renting the house or something? Cause the previous owner said she was just going for vacation with her boyfriend and she’ll be back soon. What was her name again?”

“Ehm I am not exactly renting it. I’m her boyfriend’s brother…” Tao felt like throwing up.

Why did Kris have to ask that now? And he said he was her boyfriend’s brother? Seriously? Couldn’t he come up with something better?

“Oh. Will you leave when they come back?” Kris asked interested.

“Eh I don’t know?” Tao replied unsure. But to his defense he really didn’t know.

“So what’s your brother’s name? I don’t remember my neighbor’s name as well. We weren’t really close with her so…” Kris explained

Tao became paler and paler. He himself didn’t know their names. What was he supposed to say? He couldn’t just say a fake name! They would come back eventually and Kris would probably find out.

What do I do? what do I do? What do I do?

Think Tao think!

Tao face palmed himself.

“Oh my god I think I left my house’s door open. I have to go now! See you around.” Tao yelled as he started running.

“Wait” Kris yelled but Tao didn’t even dare to look back. He run till his feet where about to break. He run till his lungs were about to burst.

“Your house is the other way.” Kris mumbled. He felt bad for the kid. He would probably end up lost in god knows where.

But Kris nevertheless smiled lightly. This Tao guy was indeed funny. He had just made his day but Kris couldn’t explain why.

But he smelled something fishy. What was that with his old neighbor and boyfriend?

He shrugged. He would learn one day. As they say, when it’s time, it’s time.

 

 

********************************************************************

 

Tao looked around carefully.

The place didn’t remind him anything.

Where the hell was he, exactly?

This rich neighborhood was killing him! Every single house looked exactly the same!

He breathed in and out. He tried to calm himself down.

There was nothing to worry about, everything would be alright, everything would be alright.

He heard light footsteps coming his way.

Tao’s heart was about to drop on the floor!

Was it a serial killer? A drug addict? A e?

What was he saying?

He tried to clear his mind.

There was nothing to worry about.

Whatever is to happen, will happen.

Whatever is not to happen, won’t happen.

The footsteps were getting closer and closer.

Maybe he could ask the stranger for directions?

But what if he was a ?

What if he wanted his organs and sell them on the black market?

He tried to walk ahead and stop trebling for god’s sake!

He saw a young boy, passing boy, looking ahead.

He didn’t look dangerous at all!!

Maybe he could help him find his way back!

“Excuse me…” Tao said, well, half whispered actually, praying to the superior powers for the young boy to hear him.

The young boy turned around, a look of pure terror written on his face.

Tao chuckled. It seems he wasn’t the only one scared.

“Y-yes?” The young boy asked unsure.

“I think I am lost. Can you help me?” Tao asked shyly while looking down.

Yes he was a e, but he was a shy one. He wasn’t comfortable talking to strangers unless he got paid for it.

The stranger breathed in, in relief.

“Oh. Where do you live? Tell me the address and I’ll help you out.”

“Well that’s the problem. I just got in the house and I don’t quite know the address yet..” Tao replied as he blushed.

He sounded like an idiot.

“Oh that is bad. Can you describe me the neighborhood and your house?” the stranger asked

“Well it’s big and it has a pool. I’m pretty sure there are only 2 houses with pools in my neighborhood, mine and my neighbor’s.” Tao said

“Wait did you say pool?”

Tao nodded.

“What’s the name of your neighbor?” the stranger asked again.

Tao was puzzled.

Why did he need to know? And was it right to give to strangers Kris’s personal info’s like that.

He hesitated but eventually replied.

“Kris..” He said lowly, as if someone else would hear them.

“Oh my god, this is amazing! I was heading there! Kris is my friend! Come with me, we will be there in no time!” The stranger chirped.

Tao felt relieved.

So he knew Kris?

“I’m Luhan by the way. What’s your name?” Luhan asked

“I’m Tao, nice to meet you.” Tao replied as a wide smile spreaded across his face.

On their way back Luhan kept on talking and talking. He found out that Luhan was 22, although he didn’t seem like it.

He was so cute he would even pass for a teenager.

Wait, this is Luhan? The Luhan, Sehun hypothetically has a crush on?

He couldn’t blame Sehun though.

If Tao was gay, which he isn’t, he would probably like Luhan too.

Luhan kept on mumbling cutely, about how happy he was he had met Kris’s new neighbor, and how much he liked Tao, and how he wanted to become friends.

“Wanna come in? I’m sure Kris won’t mind. You have already met after all.” Luhan suggested.

‘I am pretty sure he will mind’ Tao thought.

He felt uneasy.

He did enjoy Luhan’s company, and he had to get closer to Kris so he should probably go into Kris’s house, but…

No buts! Tao thought.

He took a deep breath before replying.

“Sure!” he chirped happily.

Luhan smiled and knocked on the door.

A very frustrated Kris opened the door widely looking pissed.

“What took you so l-, Tao is that you?” Kris asked as he slightly titled his head on the side questioningly.

“Hey Kris! Look who had gotten lost? Your neighbor!” Luhan said excited.

Why was he excited, no one knew.

“So you got lost?” Kris asked.

He couldn’t help but smirk.

“Yah, Kris what’s with this attitude? This cute boy was wandering around, I found him near the coffee shop I am working! How did he even get there!?” Luhan exclaimed

“Wait, you went till there on foot? How much did you run exactly?” Kris asked

Tao shifted around uncomfortably.

He felt a bit shy too.

“Look at him, being all cute and adorable!” Luhan giggled as he pinched Tao’s cheeks.

Tao’s pout didn’t go unnoticed from Kris.

“So are we just gonna stand on the door? Won’t you let us in?” Luhan asked

“Sure, sure.” Kris mumbled as he stepped aside.

Tao entered unsure.

“Kris, who came? Oh it’s Luhan and AAAAAAA!” Sehun screamed in shock

The last time he came face to face with Tao was a very unlucky meeting.

“Wait, you have met each other?” Luhan asked

“This morning.” Tao replied

“Oh. Well you can sit everywhere but the black couch. Only Kris and Sehun are allowed to sit there. Not even i!” Luhan said annoyed to Tao.

“Why? The black couch is like by far the comfiest” Tao complained while pouting.

He didn’t mean to say that out loud.

Tao face palmed himself. He sounded like a big baby.

Tao sat down on a red couch as he tried to avoid any unnecessary eye contact.

“Wait, you have come here before?” Luhan questioned.

“No. Why?” Tao replied.

But on the inside he panicked. How could possibly Luhan know that.

“How could you know the black couch is the comfiest?” Kris asked as he slightly glared at him.

OH MY LIFE EVERYTHING!

How could he have spilled that out? Why, why?

“E-eh i-it just s-eems com-comfy. How could I possibly know?” Tao replied as he slightly gained confidence.

Yes he would try and turn this around.

Kris raised a brow.

Sehun slightly trembled and Luhan brushed it off.

He himself had probably turned as white as a paper.

He should have gonna straight home!

“Really?” Kris questioned.

Tao could feel it, Kris was definitely sensing something.

Just his luck.