chapter04

Kris Wu must die.

 


Tao was utterly ed.

How could he say that?

He felt like banging his head on the wall or something.

Kris was no stupid. This very morning was a stranger in his house, and that night someone knew how comfortable his couches were without having ever sat on them.

One word: ed

“So Tao, what do you do for a living?” Luhan asked

“He will be working with Kris at the bar” Sehun replied casually.

So casually that barely none of them actually realized what Sehun had just said.

Not even Sehun himself.

Key word: Barely

“How do you know?” Kris asked standing up

Tao felt like shooting Sehun on his ing head.

How could a person be so stupid? Was it a gift or something?

He glared at Sehun, hoping his glare would set him on fire, but no luck.

Sehun looked innocently up, meeting Kris’s and Tao’s gaze.

And then he freaked out.

His stupidity spared him and let him understand what he had said.

Think of something, think!

“I texted him” Tao replied with wide eyes.

“When did you even get his number?” Kris retorted

“Today…?.” Tao said hesitantly. The look on Kris’s face was really freaking him out.

Oh boy.

“When?”

“When I was helping him out with his suitcase, you were ahead, and we decided to exchange numbers in case I needed anything.” Tao said happy that he found an excuse quickly.

“And when did you tell him about the job?”

“Well when I got lost, I didn’t know who else to text so I texted him. I asked for directions and mentioned that you work there too. He couldn’t understand where I was so I decided to ask someone else. Luhan” Tao said as he pointed at Luhan.

“What?” Luhan asked as he looked at Tao questioningly.

Tao had called out his name after all.

“Where you even listening?” Kris questioned.

“Not really. I just heard my name.” Luhan explained as he shrugged.

Kris face palmed himself.

“Can I see the messages?” Kris asked suspiciously

“Why? Don’t you believe me?” Tao said pretending to be offended

“Not really. Now can you show me the messages?” Kris replied

“I would, but I always delete the messages on my phone. Sorry” Tao replied, knowing Kris couldn’t do a damn thing about it.

“What about you Sehun? You never delete your text messages. Can I see them?” Kris said as he then turned around and gave a wide ironic smile to Tao.

Sehun was about to faint.

What was he gonna say? Kris knew Sehun always kept text messages, even those from years ago, why would he delete them now?

Tao prayed that Sehun would come up with something, like NOW.

If the blew this now…

“Because” Sehun started as he breathed in “I didn’t want Minho to see them and get jealous.” He breathed out.

“Who is Minho?” Luhan asked out of the blue

“Minho is... my boyfriend.”  Sehun said as he looked down.

Tao felt bad about Sehun. He had to pretend he had a boyfriend in front of the object of his desire. And all of this because of this bastard Kris.

Not fair. Not fair at all.

“Oh” Luhan mouthed as he looked away.

Why did Luhan looked so… sad?

“Happy?” Tao asked ironically.

“Ecstatic.” Kris replied

“Well it’s getting late, so I should better get going.” Tao said as he slowly got up.

“I’ll walk you to the door.” Kris exclaimed as he got up himself.

“It was nice meeting you guys.” Tao chirped as he waved goodbye Luhan and Sehun.

“Let’s meet again soon!” He heard Luhan yell from the living room.

Kris opened the door for Tao.

“It was nice.” Tao said at Kris.

Kris nodded in agreement.

Just nodded? Tao wanted to rip Kris’s head and ask him if he would ever nod again.

Kris was about to close the door but Tao stopped him.

‘I have to get close to him’ Tao thought.

He didn’t want to ask Kris about this, but he had to.

“Can we go to work tomorrow together?” Tao asked as he quickly looked down.

Kris raised his eyebrow. Why was Tao being so overly friendly all of a sudden?

“I don’t know, I mean-“

“Of course you can and you will!” Luhan cut in as he opened the door widely.

“I guess I can” Kris mouthed as he looked angrily at Luhan.

Luhan shrugged.

“Then, I’ll pass by tomorrow.” Tao replied as he took some more steps back.

“See you tomorrow.” Kris said.

“Goodnight Tao.” Luhan yelled before the door closed brutally.

Tao entered his house and called Taeyeon.

“Hello?” She asked

“Hi. It’s me Tao. I just wanted to ask what’s the previous owner’s name and her boyfriend’s? Kris asked and I didn’t know what to say.”

“Her name is Hyoyeon and her boyfriend’s name is Lay.”

“Ok, thanks I guess. Goodnight.” He replied before he hung up.

‘Hyoyeon and Lay. Must remember the names!’ he thought.

Meanwhile in the other house war was about to break loose.

“Why would you say I could? I don’t want to go to work with him every day” Kris said as he run behind Luhan

“Just see the bright side. You’ll make new friends!” Luhan replied as he successfully locked the door of the bathroom.

“I don’t want new friends! No I’ll have to be with him alone every day, it’s awkward.” Kris said as he gritted his teeth.

He really didn’t like the favor, as Luhan liked to call it, he did him.

“You can come out. I’ll be in the living room.” Kris replied as he decided to leave Luhan in peace.

An hour passed and it was time for Luhan to leave.

Quickly the 2 boys went to their separate rooms to sleep.

Kris fell fast asleep until he was woken up by the sound of his doorbell..?

He looked at his watch.

03:30? Holy cow, who was ringing their bell at this hour?

He got on his feet and headed down the stairs.

Maybe it was a robber? No he wouldn’t have rung the doorbell!

He hesitantly opened the door.

It was a boy, a young one, wearing only his boxers while shivering.

“Tao?” Kris questioned confused.

“Hey” Tao replied awkwardly

“What are you doing here?”

“I need your help for a massive murder.” Tao replied looking confident.

Kris eyes’ widened.

A what?

 

 

 

****************************************************************

 

 

“Excuse me?” Kris questioned.

“There is an army of big badass cockroaches in my house.” Tao replied checking behind his back.

“Badass? Cockroaches? Tao, what is wrong with you?” Kris said, trying hard not to yell. He was about to close the door on Tao’s face when Tao stopped him.

“Kris, I’m freezing to death here. Please help me…”

“Just get in, and we will see what we’ll do.” Kris muttered as he stepped aside.

He couldn’t believe this.

Five minutes ago, he was still lying on his bed sleeping, and now he was wide awake because of his idiotic neighbor Tao.

He closed the door and turned around.

Oh right. Tao was just wearing his black tight boxers.

Why in hell he was practically Kris didn’t know, and he didn’t dare to ask either.

“Do you need anything?” Kris asked

“Like what?” Tao asked back confused.

“I don’t know. Shirt and pants maybe?” Kris said ironically

Tao looked down on his feet as he slightly nodded.

To say that Kris was not amused was a big misunderstanding. He couldn’t quite comprehend how Tao managed to change from confident to shy, from sad to happy, from y to cute. Holy did he just say y?

“I’ll go bring you mine.” Kris said as he awkwardly got up.

Yes, he indeed had thought Tao was somewhat both y and cute. He felt like shooting himself on the foot.

He took out of his closet a pair of jeans and a white shirt. He guessed that Tao would look good with those. Actually, Tao would probably look good on anything.

Yes, Kris wasn’t blind. It would be a lie if he said that Tao wasn’t handsome. When he first saw Tao, he thought that he had run away from a fashion show or something.

He quickly went down, trying to clear his mind from all the unnecessary thoughts about his neighbor.

“Take this” Kris said as he extended his hand towards Tao.

Tao smiled as he wore the clothes, and for a moment there, Kris thought it was dazzling.

Oh man, what am I thinking, I need to get laid soon.

“So, are you sure it was cockroaches?”

“I’m not sure. But it seemed so...” Tao replied as his voice slowly faded.

“Well, what am I supposed to bring with me?” Kris asked scratching his head.

“Poison, maybe?” Tao replied tilting his head on the side.

“Why in hell was I supposed to have poison in my house? And if I had, which I don’t, what where we gonna do with that? Feed them?”

“Don’t yell. It’s really late, and we don’t want to wake up Sehun do we?” Tao asked innocently.

Of course, Sehun got to sleep, like the nice princess he is.

“Maybe a spray?”

“I’ll see what I can get.” Kris said as he left the room.

How they ended up with a hair spray, a torch and a knife, Kris didn’t know.

“Will you ever open the door?” Kris asked annoyed.

They had been standing outside Tao’s house for over 5 minutes doing absolutely nothing.

“I’m scared. What if they attack when we enter?” Tao said, eyes widened, so cutely, it could melt almost everyone’s heart. As I said, almost everyone’s cause as it seemed Kris was an exception.

“Get out of the way, kid. I’ll open.” Kris said as he snatched the keys out of Tao’s grasp.

He unlocked the door and searched for the light switch.

“Don’t. If they see us they’ll hide.”

“Well if they can’t see us, we can’t see them either, and then how are we supposed to kill them then, you idiot!” Kris snapped, he was getting tired of all Tao’s stupid remarks.

“Firstly, no killing. I refuse to use violence on animals. We will just kindly free them and take them outside. Secondly, I am not an idiot. As a matter of fact I used to be an exceptional student.” Tao replied proudly.

“Idiot.” Kris replied grinning.

Tao was this close to smack Kris’s head.

But he had to control himself.

“Let’s get this done already.” Tao replied

Kris opened the door and looked around carefully.

He saw… nothing.

“Can you see anything?” Kris asked as he scanned the room.

Tao nodded negatively.

“See, there is nothing. I’ll go now. You can give me the clothes tomorrow.”

“Kris, wait.” Tao said as he grabbed him by the arm.

“What if they come after me, while I am sleeping?”

“If I can’t find them, I can’t kill them. What do you want me to do?” Kris replied.

“Can you let me sleep at your house?”