Two

I Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Celebration mainly meant a slew of therapeutic shopping, in which Yongguk became my bag carrier. I made it up to him by then doing his favorite thing though: taking him and Niel out for Korean barbeque.

"This season is going to be amazing," Niel explained to Yongguk as he stuffed kimchi into his mouth. "We have almost all of our starting line from last year, better than ever." He turned to me, and widened his eyes at me. "Noona, you'll come see me play soccer, right?" he asked.

"Only if you chew your food," I shot back.

"She'll be there," Yongguk interrupted with a sigh. "Seriously you two fight so much for people who claim to get along well."

"We get along beautifully," I replied, reaching over to mess up Niel's hair, "right, Daniel?"

"Don't touch my hair," he growled, scooting his chair away from me.

Yes, we definitely got along well.

"Hyung, you have to come too," Niel demanded, now rounding on Yongguk. "After all, you played for the team when you were in high school!"

"I'll be there to support my dongsaengs," Yongguk agreed. "Don't worry."

It had started to rain while we were having dinner, and it was still pouring relentlessly outside when we finished.

"Why don't you wait here," Yongguk decided, pulling me to a stop before the swinging glass door. "I'll go get the car and pull it to the front so you and Niel can just jump in and not get soaked."

"Sounds good, hyung," Niel agreed. "I need to go to the bathroom before we leave anyway."

Yongguk pulled his hoodie over his head, took a deep breath, and dashed out into the rain. I was left standing alone by the doors, wondering how such a sunny day had ended up like this.

I turned towards the door to check if Yongguk had pulled up, and by the time I saw the man, I was too late to stop it. I was standing right on one side of a swinging door, and on the other side, a tall muscular man was running full-tilt towards it, head down to avoid the rain.

I knew what was about to happen, and the events that occurred next mirrored it exactly.

I had time to take two steps back before the man crashed through the glass door. The door swung heavily to my side. I heard someone from inside the restaurant call out a warning, and then, the thick glass door collided with my head, and darkness took over.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I woke up with the biggest headache in the world. My limbs felt heavy, and my eyelids felt even heavier. I realized that the glass door must have knocked me unconscious, and I groaned, knowing t
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter