Eleven

I Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The inside of the apartment was tastefully furnished and not lacking in comfort. We all immediately dropped down at the kitchen table, and Yongguk was the one to fill Niel in on the happenings of the evening.

 

“How did you get there so fast?” I asked as he got to the part about the phone call.

 

"The hit and run was suspicious, and those men broke in and searched your house once when you were gone. I've been doing surveillance and watching the house for the past three days.”

 

“Good thing you were there to save Noona,” Niel replied, sighing. “I can’t believe this. So what’s going to happen?”

 

“Ara, those men were looking for that missing folder. This isn’t about a simple suicide anymore. We need to figure out what you discovered."

 

What I discovered? Reaching into my backpack, I pulled out the manila folder. “I found this in a secret compartment in my desk,” I said, opening it.

 

Yongguk took it from me, and thumbed through a few pages of what seemed to be data tables and donations.

 

“What are these for?” he asked.

 

I shook my head, and continued flipping through the papers.

 

“Oh this building…this is the administrative building that Director Baek‘s office was in,” Yongguk exclaimed, pausing at a picture of the blond teen. “But who’s this kid?” He took, had reached the picture of the blond teen.

 

“He looks about 16 or so,” Niel said, glancing it over. “That school uniform is unique though. I’ve never seen it before, so it must be a private school.”

 

“And then there’s this.” My voice dropped to a whisper, and I slid out the last picture, the one of Jaejoong.

 

“Why do you have a picture of hyung here?” Niel asked, confused.

 

“I don’t know,” I muttered, looking at Yongguk.

 

His face had paled just a little, barely discernable, but as his best friend, I noticed it immediately.

 

“What’s going on?” I asked, reaching for his arm. “Yongguk, tell me what you know.”

 

“I don’t know anything, Ara,” Yongguk sighed, taking my hand. He gave it a soft squeeze, then reached for the laptop that I had also brought with me. “What did you find on here?”

 

“There’s a file, but it seems like I password protected it.” I said, showing him the file.

 

“Did you try opening it?” Yongguk asked.

 

“I tried my usual passwords, and none of them work.”

 

Niel took the laptop from me, and tried a few passwords. No luck. “I don’t know either,” he said, sliding the laptop back to me.

 

“Try your address…try the name of the director, and anyone linked to the case…” Yongguk suggested.

 

I tried 5 more passwords, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter