The funeral and the letter.

SS501 Romance ♥

“Mei come on!” Hyung Joon shouted from downstairs.

“I’m coming!!!” Mei shouted back.

“Don’t keep Jung Min waiting!” Hyung Joon shook his head in annoyance.

“Even if it’s a funeral, she will still find a way to be late.” Mei’s umma told Hyung Joon. He nodded in agreement.

Mei came running down the stairs in a black dress, black heels while clutching a single red rose. Today is the day that she has to say goodbye to the most important person in her life. And she didn’t even got to tell him.

Mei kept quiet in the car as they made their way to the cemetery. She was in Hyung Joon’s car while her parents and his parents were in another car.

“I miss him.” Hyung Joon mumbled.

“He’s still around. I know it.” Mei stated.

“Of course he is. I’m sure he’ll be watching over you. He’ll be your guardian angel now.” Hyung Joon smiled.

When they got to the cemetery, many people were there; Jung Min’s family, other friends and colleagues , Hyung Joon’s family; Mei’s family and some of their school mates from high school including YoungSaeng and Kyu Jong.

Mei wasn’t in the mood to be all friendly with everyone as she is angry with herself and she’s blaming no one else but herself for Jung Min’s death. Jung Min’s parents however doesn’t think it’s her fault. It’s not her who was driving the car that hit him after all.

“Joonie…” Mei whispered. Jung Min’s coffin was about to be buried underground and Mei wasn’t ready. How can she be ready?

“Ne?”

“I don’t want him to go.” Mei cried.

“Me neither. But we have to be strong Mei-shi…” Hyung Joon sniffed.

He was in the brink of tears as well. The priest started the ceremony and everyone gathered around the coffin. Most people were crying their eyes out as the priest started a prayer for Jung Min. He was loved by everyone, he didn’t have any enemies and he was a good son as well.

“Does anyone want to say something for Jung Min?” The priest asked.

Jung Min’s parents were too sad to say anything so Mei shot her hand up.

She took a deep breath and started speaking. She tried her best not to cry.

“Hey Jungie… What is it like in heaven? Is there a lot of ice cream there? I’m sure you’re okay up there. We miss you a lot. It’s weird not having you around. I miss your hugs and your cuddles,” Mei sniffed.

Hyung Joon grab hold of her hand and squeezed it, assuring her that he was there for her.

“You know when we were young, we made a promise never to lie to each other and we should basically tell each other everything? Well I’m keeping that so I’m not going to lie now, I want you to come back, you promised you would never leave me, keep that promise!” Mei cried.

A gust of wind blew and the clouds started to become gray.

“I think someone wants to get out of heaven…” Hyung Joon mumbled looking up at the sky.

“I will never forget you. Hyung Joon will not forget you. Please look after yourself there. Saranghae Jungie. Forever.” Mei finished and then she broke down in heaps of tears.

When the ceremony ended, the coffin was buried and Mei laid down the red rose on top of Jung Min’s gravestone.

“Keep it to remember me by.” She whispered.

She stared at the gravestone and then the bracelet around her wrist which was given to her by Jung Min during her birthday.

“Han Mei…” a shaky voice called. Mei turned around and saw Jung Min’s umma holding an envelope.

“Umma..” Mei breathed. Jung Min’s umma treats her as her own child that’s why Mei calls her “umma” as well.

“I have something to give you. I found it in Jung Min’s room. It’s addressed to you.” Jung Min’s umma said handing Mei the envelope.

At the back, Jung Min’s handwriting was noticeable where he wrote “Han Mei”.

“I didn’t read it, I promise.” Jung Min’s umma smiled.

“Thank you.” Mei croaked.

“He loved you so much Mei.. I’m sure you knew that right?”

“I did…” Mei cried.

Only when Mei got back to her apartment she decided to read the letter from Jung Min. Hyung Joon dropped her off after the funeral and she decided she wanted to be alone for a little while. She sat down on her bed and took the letter out of the envelope. Jung Min wrote that letter the day before he died. The day before Mei was going to tell him that she chose him but Jung Min thought she was going to tell him something else. Fresh tears leaked out of her eyes as she read the heart-warming letter from the one she loved.

Dear Mei,

Hey Mei. I think I know what you’re going to tell me tomorrow.

But I hope after you read this, you will change your mind.

I love you so much, with all my heart.

I wanna be with you more than anything else.

It pains me inside that you will choose someone else over me. I’m the right one for you and I know that you know that inside. I will never hurt you, I will take care of you, I promise that.

Let me be the one Mei and you won’t regret it.

I’ll always be here for you.

Please just think it over. Choose me.

Saranghaeyo. Yeongwontorok.

Jung Min.

Mei sobbed as she stared at the letter, spots of water appearing on the piece of paper. She clutched it close to her heart as she thought of Jung Min.

“I choose you oppa, I choose you.” She cried.