I HATE THAT I'M FALLING FOR YOU (chapter 2)

I HATE THAT I'M FALLING FOR YOU

PREVIOUSLY:

“Social Behavior, Sungmin and….”

I was tempting to know who my partner will be. It is important because the science fair project is 35% of our grade, so my partner has to be someone who is willing to get a perfect grade and spend most of his time on the project with me. 

“Kyuhyun” The teacher said as he finished his sentence.

. . .Oh my in’ god.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“WHAT?!” I screamed along with Kyuhyun.

Noticing we both said it at the same time, we glared at each other for a second. “Kyuties” were complaining and sobbing throughout the science room. The class filled with complete noisiness. 

“THAT’S ENOUGH!” our science teacher, Mr. Choi, suddenly screamed.

The whole classroom was now from a loud circus to a silent library room. 

“I have has enough of your immaturity. You kids are seniors now. Not a bunch of pre-schoolers. Now, the partner you get is what you get. No exceptions. Remember, this is 35% of your final grade. And it will have an affect on your college papers for next year. I suggest you shouldn’t screw it up. Now I will repeat it.” Mr. Choi lectured.

“Category is Social Behavior. The two partners that will be in charge of this category will be Sungmin and Kyuhyun. The next category will be…etc. etc.” Mr. Choi repeated.

“Great” I thought. “I get to sing a lovey-dovey song with Mr. Q-Tip/I-am-now-emo-because-I got-dumped-by-my-girlfriend, and now I get to do a 35%-of-our-grade science fair project with him. I love my life. I really do.”

“Okay class, now that I have announced your partners and category, you can start working on ideas for your category. You can now move to your partner to discuss.” Mr. Choi said to the class. He went back to his desk and started to read an American newspaper, while listening to jazz music.

The class started to scramble to get to their partners. I stare into space as I wait for Kyuhyun to sit next to me. Exactly one minute later, he hasn’t come to me yet! I find Kyuhyun sitting all the way back in the class, staring into space, with a sad face. *sigh* He has to stop being so emo and get over Seohyun.
“YO! Q-TIP!” I yell at him quietly, so that Mr.Choi won’t hear me. “. . .” Still no response from EmoKyu. I yell louder but not so loud for Mr. Choi to notice. “AY YO DOUCHE. Q-TIP! EMO BOY!” “. . .” Nope. Not a single word has come out of his mouth and he is still in his own Lala Land. Since I felt too lazy to get up to Kyuhyun myself, I think of ideas for him to get him here….AHA! I try again:

“HEY KYU! SEOHYUN’S HERE TO GET BACK TOGETHER WITH YOU!” I said to him.

Suddenly, Kyuhyun snapped out of it and screamed “WHERE?!” He looked at me, hopeful. Mr. Choi, behind his newspaper, loudly “SHHHH”ed’ us. Anyways, at Kyuhyun, I smirked at him a face that says “You’re so pitiful”

“Not ing funny, Sun Chip” Kyuhyun whispered and glared at me, angrily. 
“Whatever. Now come over here to do the project” I whispered back
“NO. YOU COME OVER HERE!” Kyuhyun whispered loudly
“NAO YOU!”
“NO, YOU”
“YOU!
“YOU!”

In the middle of the “YOUU!” argument, minutes later, Mr. Choi scanned the class. He saw our argument and screamed at us.

“SUNGMIN. KYUHYUN. WHAT ARE YOU KIDS DOING? YOU TWO STILL HAVEN’T STARTED? YOU DO REALIZE THAT THIS IS SOMETHING NOT TO MESS AROUND WITH, RIGHT? NOW SUNGMIN. HURRY UP AND GO TO KYUHYUN TO START THE PROJECT.” Mr. Choi pointed at us.

Seeing that I have to come to him, Kyuhyun smirked at me. I rolled my eyes and stormily approach him and sat down next to him.

“Don’t you see Sungmin? ’Karma’s a ’ and you have to ’appreciate it’, right?” Kyuhyun coldly said to me. 
“Don’t steal my lines, .” I strongly said to him.
“Tch. Whatever.” Kyuhyun whispered. “Now what was our category again? Oh yeah, social behavior. What experiment do you wanna do, Sun Chip?” 
“I don’t in’ know, Kyuhyun. I don’t know anything about Social Behavior.” I exclaimed to him.
“Maybe because you don’t have a lot of friends because everyone in the school hates you” Kyuhyun replied.
“You shut it. Anyways, we need to find ideas on Social Behavior. We have to go to the library to get some books” I explained to him, being the studious person I am that loves to read books at the library.
“Ew. With you?” Kyuhyun disgustingly said.
“Back at ya. So, when should we go?” I said.
“You know, I’m a pretty busy person despite my popularity. So I can‘t--” 
“--Fine, today it is. Oh yeah, we have to go to the Music room after school today for our….duet” I hesitantly said.
“Oh my god. Why do I have to be paired up with you? Whatever. Just don’t ruin my image” Kyuhyun warned me.

The class then ended and it was time for lunch, finally. I head down to the cafeteria and sat with Eunhyuk and Ryewook.

“YAYYY! I get to be partners with Yesung for the science project!” Ryeowook exclaimed.
“Hey, at least I have Donghae. He’s nicer than some people in our class, right?” Eunhyuk said.
I just sat there silently, with a sad face after realizing that my friends are actually happy with their partners. 

“It’s okay Sungmin! No need to be so sad with your partner~!” Ryeowook trying to cheer me up.
“Yeah Cow Cow! And since you’re going to spend so much time with Kyuhyun now…you might even become friends-” I cut Eunhyuk off with:
“HAHAHA! FRIENDS WITH CHO KYUHYUN?! ME AND KYUHYUN?! YOU’RE FUNNAY.” I yelled out so that the whole cafeteria can hear me, including Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun just stared at me and gave me a “Wtf? Are you crazy?” look. Anyways, school continued boringly and after all that hours, school was finally over. But now I have to go “spend time” with Kyuhyun now, ugh. Okay that didn’t come out right.

I grab my bag and head to the Music room, remembering what Ms. Kim told me about the duet with Q-Tip. I go into the door and I surprisingly saw Kyuhyun already there with Ms. Kim. Who knew he would actually come? 

“Ah, now that both of you are here, I will give you your schedules to prepare for the duet” Ms. Kim said as she handed us a schedule paper consisting of a calendar. 
“Now I expect you two every Monday after school here in the Music room to practice. Since you two perfectly harmonize with each other already, we will work on stage presence within these few weeks. During the performance, I want you two to do the following things: Be happy…”

Ugh, with him? I’ll try, I guess.

“Look at each other while singing….”

Ew. I see him every day. Isn’t that hell already?

“And last but not least……………………skinship.” Ms. Kim finished.

“WHATTTT~!?” Me and Kyuhyun yelled. 

“I’m sorry you two. But this will be the biggest Winter Concert ever here in SM High. In the last Winter Concerts, people complained that it was too dull and boring. We need some excitement such as, skinship between you two.” Ms. Kim explained. “So we will work on all of these next week, okay? By next Monday, you two should be able to show me that you can…..uhh…hold hands with each other” 

OH MY SHISUS. ARGHH.

“You may now leave. I’ll see you two next week. Remember! Hold hands!” Ms. Kim delightfully said.

Kyuhyun and I left and was standing outside of the school. It was already dark outside. I sighed heavily. 

“Kyuhyun, did you not hear Ms. Kim? Skinship? Hand holding?” I said to Kyuhyun with my hands flopping everywhere above my head. 
“Man, I wonder what Seohyun would think about this” Kyuhyun sighed. After he said that my blood boiled, for some reason.
“You know what Kyuhyun?! You need to shut up about Seohyun, stop being so emo, and get on with life, mmkay?! You being emo is so much more in’ annoying than you’re usual self. You have to realize that you and Seohyun are over and stop reminding yourself of Seohyun!” I yelled at him. I said that to him because I can’t stand people who just think of the past and don’t have any progress with their lives.
“. . .You’re right, Sungmin.” Kyuhyun looked at me.
“EHH?!” I was surprised at the fact he actually……agrees with me!
“I know it’s crazy, but I think you’re right, Sun Chip. You know for a stupid girl, you may have some intelligence, you know. Yes, I will get over Seohyun by tomorrow.” Kyuhyun actually smiles. 
“Hmph. Good. Now let‘s go to the library to get some books.” I smile back.

Suddenly, Kyuhyun grabs my hand and holds it, interlocking our fingers while walking in front of me. 

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING KYUHYUN?” I yelled at him while being dragged.
“Don’t you remember? We have to practice holding hands for the performance, right? We have to practice holding hands in front of the large audience at the Winter Concert. Don‘t worry. There‘s nothing behind it. Just an act” Kyuhyun said as he took a glanced at me. I then blushed. WAIT WHY AM I BLUSHING? IT’S NOT LIKE YOU LIKE KYUHYUN RIGHT, SUNGMIN? YEAH YEAH. IT’S JUST THE WEATHER OUTSIDE. IT’S ALREADY NOVEMEBER AND IT’S DARK AND COLD OUTSIDE TODAY. YEAH THAT! YOU BLUSH WHEN YOU GET COLD, RIGHT? YEAH, I MUST BE COLD. 

Anyways, we start walking to the library, still uhh….holding hands. And weirdly, I did get cold. It was about 50 degrees outside and I could already see breaths of steam coming out of my mouth. I was getting goose bumps since I was only wearing a school uniform that consists of a t-shirt, neck tie, and a skirt, while Kyuhyun has a vest, jacket, and slacks. I suddenly start shivering. I really tried to stop so that Kyuhyun didn’t notice, but it didn’t help since he could feel it because we were holding hands. Kyuhyun noticed it and he suddenly took off his jacket and put it around me. 

“eh? Why are you so nice today?” I questioned him.
Kyuhyun laughed and said “Your welcome, Sun Chip. But don’t get used to it. Anyways, I just can’t stand to see someone cold.”
“Why?” I asked
“Well, here’s the story. My mother and I were walking around the lake one day during winter at night. Then suddenly, my mother slipped on the ice and fell into the ice cold lake. I couldn’t help her since I was only 12 at that time, and the lake was surrounded by frozen slippery ice, so she couldn’t get back up either. I tried yelling out for help but no use since it was at night while everybody was sleeping. I could only just stand there crying and hoping my mother would survive. A few minutes later, she was getting very pale, and hypothermia started settling in. Then, her heart failed and she died.” 

After hearing that story, I felt warm tears fall down my face. Kyuhyun looked back at me, and panicked.

“W-w-w-why are y-y-you c-crying, Sungmin!?” Kyuhyun worryingly said to me.
“I’m so sorry Kyu! I should have never asked that question! No wonder you hate me! I‘m such a thoughtless person!” I said as I cried even more. I let go of his hands and turned my back on him so he didn’t see my ugly, crying face. I never like to cry in front of people.
“No, no, no! It’s okay Sungmin! Stop crying! Ack, .” Kyuhyun replied.

Suddenly, I felt arms wrap around my waist, then I suddenly stop crying. I realized that Kyuhyun is…..back-hugging me? 

Yes, Kyuhyun. In this situation, “Ack, .” is definitely right.