College Days Chapter 3

College Days

 

"SooMi!! Phone!" JaeHwa yelled. It was Saturday, so they didn't have any classes.

"Kay!!" SooMi ran into the kitchen and picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"SooMi?" Said a voice. The orange-haired girl went pale.

"M-mom?"

*****************************

"Onew! It's step step TURN!! Not step step fall!" JongHyun said, laughing at Onew who was on the floor. Onew stuck out his tongue and crossed his arms. Everyone laughed.

"Hey TaeMin. wasn't JaeHwa supposed to come and watch us again today?" Asked Onew, getting up and dusting himself off.

"Yeah, she should be here in a little bit. Why?" TaeMin answered, frowning a bit.

"No reason." Replied the older boy, clearing his throat. TaeMin's eyes widened as he figured out his hyung's secret. Before he could say anything about it though, the door to the studio opened.

"Annyeonghaseyo?" Greeted JaeHwa, dragging a pale SooMi behind her.

"Annyeonghaseyo, JaeHwa?" Greeted the group of 5.

"Guys, this is my roommate Lee SooMi. She's going to hang out with us today. She needs a distraction that isn't school related."  Explained the blonde girl. She nudged her friend forward, nodding to her encouragingly.

"A-annyeonghaseyo?" SooMi greeted, mentally cursing herself for stuttering. She was still shocked and shaken from the phone call.

*Flashback*

"M-mom?" Her mother never called unless it was a dire emergency.

"I'm sorry SooMi. The treatments didn't work." Her mother said, sounding tearful. SooMi's breath caught in . No...

"JungSu oppa?" She asked, not wanting to believe it.

"I'm sorry. He's dead."

*End Flashback*

  The 5 boys had introduced themselves and were now dancing to Super Junior's No Other. SooMi had to admit, they were pretty good. Especially TaeMin. She suspected he had been dancing for quite a while. There was something about the way he moved that calmed her. She decided to forget about everything that would need to be done, just for a little while. Surely it was okay to be a little irrational right now. She hoped so anyway.

***

"I wish I could dance like that!" Exclaimed JaeHwa as she handed Onew a water bottle. He took it and drank from it gratefully.

"With a lot of practice you can." JongHyun said, sitting down next to where Key lay on his back. SooMi laughed. MinHo turned to look at her curiously.

"I'm sorry, but JaeHwa would never be able to dance no matter how much she practiced. Her balance is horrible and she has no coordination." SooMi explained, amusement evident in her eyes.

"Yeah that's true." Admitted the blonde girl. laughing as well.

"What about you SooMi? Do you dance?" Key asked, sitting up to look at said girl.

"No. I don't dance." There was pain in her eyes now. No, she didn't dance. And now, neither did JungSu.

"Are you okay?" TaeMin asked, looking at the orange haired girl. SooMi force a smile and nodded, ignoring the look of worry she recieved from JaeHwa. TaeMin didn't look convinced, but thankfully he let the matter drop. She would get through this, even if it killed her inside.

***********************

"Bye everyone!!" JaeHwa yelled, waving to the 5 boys as they left after having dropped off the girls. She turned to SooMi after they had disappeared from her sight. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"No. No I'm not. If you'll excuse me, I have some calls to make." SooMi curtly replied. JaeHwa nodded. If only her friend would let her help. If only SooMi would see that she didn't have to go through this alone. That she shouldn't go through this alone.

  That night, all that could be heard in the girls' dorm was someone crying her heart out, and someone else murmuring comforting words.