College Days Chapter 17

College Days

 

SooMi couldn't believe her eyes. When had MinHo gotten with Syung-Sook? JaeHwa and Onew she had been expecting. Though she had yelled at them for keeping it a secret. But MinHo and JarHwa's older sister? That was weird.

"Unnie, why didn't you tell me you were going out with MinHo oppa?" Cried JaeHwa, pouting. SooMi scoffed.

"Maybe for the same reason you didn't tell me about you and Onew oppa." Retorted the martial artist. TaeMin chuckled next to her as JaeHwa pointedly ignored her.

"Mianhae. But we both chose not to tell you until we were sure of each other." Replied Syung-Sook, smiling sheepishly. The younger blonde sighed dramatically. MinHo laughed and wrapped his arms around Syung-Sook's waist.

"I guess I can accept this. Alright! Let's go on a quadruple date!" JaeHwa exclaimed, turning to face the others and whipping Onew with her hair.

"But there are only three couples..." JongHyun trailed off, frowning.

"SooMi and Taemin, duh." Key said, smirking. SooMi's eyes widened in panic.

"What do you mean? I-we're-what?" She stuttered. She knew that Key knew about her feelings for TaeMin, but she hadn't thought that he would set them up... What was he thinking?

"You and TaeMin will be the fourth couple on our quadruple date." MinHo said, speaking slowly. Syung-Sook hit his arm lightly, scolding him for treating his friend like she was stupid.

"But-" TaeMin started.

"No buts. Let's go." Onew said, taking JaeHwa's hand. TaeMin and SooMi had no choice but to agree.

*******

"Why do we always end up at the movies?" TaeMin asked, frowning slightly. No one seemed to have heard him as they were all arguing over what movie to watch.

"I say we watch The Vow!" Syung-Sook suggested, looking hopeful. That idea was quickly vetoed, however. MinHo chuckled at his girlfriend's crestfallen expression.

"I want action." JongHyun said, pursing his lips.

"But we-" Syung-Sook pulled SooMi and JaeHwa to her "-want romance." SooMi raised an eyebrow, wondering when it had been decided that she wanted romance. Key decided to step in before someone exploded.

"How about we watch The Hunger Games? It's got action, and it kind of has romance." Suggested the diva, trying to appease everyone. It was quiet for a moment before everyone agreed.

"You know, I'm starting to think that we're becoming predictable." SooMi said to TaeMin as they took their seats in the theater.

"What makes you say that?" Asked the dancer, looking at her with curiosity in his eyes.

"Well, whenever we go out, we come here, and go to the cafe across the street either before or after the movie. Everytime. And our school routine is predictable too. Go to class, go to the dance studio every break, then go back to our dorms and work. It would be easy for someone to stalk us." She explained, finishing just as the movie started. She had no idea how right she was.

*******

"Does anyone else wonder why that man is watching us?" Asked SooMi, eyeing the man in the black coat suspiciously. The group was now at the cafe.

"Yeah, I saw him a while ago." MinHo replied, frowning.

"I think he's been following us. I saw him a couple days ago while I was out shopping." Remarked Key, frowning as well.

"Why don't we confront him?" JaeHwa suggested, getting up.

"Wait, what?" Onew asked, alarmed. The others decided to follow her, to make sure nothing happened.

"Excuse me, sir? Who are you and why are you following us?" Demanded the blonde girl, crossing her arms and glaring. The man was silent for a moment before sighing and removing the hood that was hiding his face. TaeMin gasped.

"Appa? What are you doing here? Why are you stalking us? Is there something you're not telling me?" Demanded the dancer, wanting answers. The others just stood there, shock clear on their faces. Why the hell was TaeMin's dad stalking them?

"Ahh... Well, you see... Your mother made me do it!" Exclaimed the man, scratching his head sheepishly.

"Wae?" TaeMin asked, confused.

"Well, she wanted to make sure you were alright. You know, check up on you. But she didn't want you to know. So she had me follow you around and keep her updated. Then she wanted to make sure your friends were trustworthy, so I had to follow each of them in turn. Sorry if I scared any of you." Explained TaeMin's father, blushing.

"Why didn't you guys just wait until I came home for the holidays?" Asked the incredulous dancer. The rest of the group was still shocked.

"Uhh... Your mother thought it would be more fun this way..." TaeMin stayed silent for a minute, staring at his father. He then promptly burst into laughter.

"Uhh, TaeMin?" JongHyun asked, cautiously approaching his friend.

"Mianhae! It's just that this is something my mom would do. She's a little childish at times." Explained TaeMin, his laughter dying down. The others smiled, now knowing where TaeMin got it from.

"Well, I have to go now. I'll see you during the holidays. Bye everyone!" Said TaeMin's father, feeling awkward and out of place. He left before his son could protest, knowing his wife wouldn't be happy with him for being discovered and revealing the "mission." He looked back inside the cafe once he was in his car, warming up. He could see TaeMin laughing with his friends. He had a feeling that he and his wife could stop worrying; their son was clearlyin good hands.