College Days Chapter 5

College Days

 

"SooMi, I'm going to the dance studio, you coming?" JaeHwa asked as she put on her shoes.

"Nah, I'm going to the gym. I'll see you later, alright?" Said SooMi, walking out the door. JaeHwa stared after her for a few seconds then shrugged. She was probably going to go beat the out of some poor unsuspecting punching bag.

*At the dance studio*

"Onew oppa!! Where's everyone else?" JaeHwa asked, surprised that the clumsy boy was the only one there.

"JongHyun and Key are on a date, MinHo is in class, and TaeMin is sleeping since he was up late last night doing homework." Onew explained, smiling at the younger girl.

"Ah, so you're dancing alone?" She asked, putting her bag down.

"Ne, that's the idea." Confirmed the older boy,going to put his iPod in the dock.

"Well, in that case, why don't you teach me on of the dances?" Offered the blonde. hoping he would say yes.

"Sure. What song?"

 

        And that's how they ended up on the floor, laughing their heads off at their clumsiness.

"Yah, hyung, are you okay?!" Key asked, appearing out of nowhere and running to Onew, JongHyun at his heels.

"JaeHwa, gwaenchana?" JongHyun asked, helping his cousin stand up.

"I'm fine JongHyun oppa. I was just attempting to dance." JaeHwa explained, dusting herslef off.

"With Onew teaching? Pfft, you'd be better off with the Humanities teacher!! And he's really old!" Key exclaimed, grinning at Onew to let him know he was just teasing.

"Be quiet! We were doing okay until... I might have tripped..." Onew explained, pushing his hair out of his face.

"On what?" JongHyun asked. He had a feeling he already knew the answer.

"My feet..." Answered the older boy, grinning sheepishly. JaeHwa and Key laughed whilst JongHyun just smiled and shook his head.

"Hey, JaeHwa, how's SooMi doing?" Key asked JaeHwa, going serious all of a sudden.

"She's doing okay. She's at the gym right now, beating the crap out of some poor punching bag." JaeHwa informed him, smiling.

"That's good. Why don't you call her and tell her to get her over here while I call TaeMin and tell him to get HIS over here, and Onew can call MinHo and tell HIM to get his over here." Key ordered, whipping out his phone. Everyone laughed but did as they were told. JongHyun just hung around, looking badass and not having to call anyone.

 

    And so, 15 minutes later, everyone was in the dance studio. The guys were trying to teach the girls to dance. Let's just say they were going to be very bruised in the morning.

"OW!!" Cried SooMi, falling yet again.

"Really SooMi, aren't you a blackbelt in like, 5 different forms of martial arts? Why are you so bad? JaeHwa asked, laughing as she helped her best friend. SooMi just glared.

"Like you're any better, Ms high school track star!!" She shot back, dusting herself off. The 5 boys just watched as the argument unfolded. It was highly amusing. How the 2 girls had become best friends was beyond them. According to most people who knew them, they "complimented" each other.

"Well, dancing isn't like martial arts either, so I have a reason to be bad too!!" SooMi yelled, snapping the boys out of their thoughts.

"How about we take a break?" Suggested MinHo, grabbing a water bottle from his bag.

"Okay. I think I've got enough bruises anyway." JaeHwa consented, laying down on the ground. SooMi silently agreed, not wanting to admit that she was already sore. A girl had to have SOME sort of dignity after falling so many times. She smiled gratefully at TaeMin as he handed her a water bottle. she still had trouble talking to him. Not because she didn't like him... No, it was because  she liked him too much. That scared her.

***************************************

"JaeHwa, we're gonna be late!!" SooMi said, picking up her bag. JaeHwa rolled her eyes. Why did it feel like she'd had this conversation before?

"SooMi, we're not going to be late.We're never late!" JaeHwa replied,, rolling her eyes again in exasperation at her friend's rushing.

"That;s because I have to drag you to class.!" SooMi cried, grabbing the blonde girl's hand and dragging her out the door. JaeHwa barely had time to yell goodbye  before the door closed. Key laughed, breaking the silence that had filled the room. Oh, those girls could be so amusing.

**********************************************************************

"I told you we wouldn't be late!" JaeHwa said as the 2 girls walked into class. Talk about major deja vu.

"We would have been if I hadn't dragged you out of that damn dance studio." Retorted SooMi, sitting down at her seat.

"Oh, come on!! It's not as if you weren't having fun too!!" Said the blonde girl, dropping her stuff on the desk.

"I'm not going to allow myself to be late no matter how much fun I'm having" Replied the orange-haired girl. "Now shush, the lesson is about to start." JaeHwa rolled her eyes before turning to look at the teacher. She would never understand why her friend was so intent on being on time all the time. Personally, she thought it healthy to be late once in a while. Just like it was healthy to rebel, especially if it was against snobby, selfish, rich parents that you didn't talk to anymore. SooMi said she had only rebelled once, nece her orange hair.But apparently when she had gotten home with orange hair, her mother had approved. SooMi had never again triend to rebel after that.

 

   Now, JaeHwa understood  why SooMi wanted to do super well and never slack off, but this was Art History!! You could pass even if you slept all class every class! So why the hell wasn't that goody-two-shoes letting her sleep? Don't misunderstand, she loved her best friend to bits, but she really wanted to sleep right now. So she risked the orange-haired girl's wrath and put her head on the desk, closing her eys. 5,4,3,2,1.... Nothing. Why wasn't she beng hit on the head by a binder? JaeHwa got her answer when she opened her eyes: SooMi had fallen asleep in class.