College Days Chapter 14

College Days

 

To say SooMi was mad was an understatement . The fact that JaeHwa had accused her of basically lying about what had happened hurt. Weren't friends supposed to trust each other? She sighed as she finally took in her surroundings. She had ended up walking off campus and into town. Now she would have to figure out where she was to get back. Although, if she was honest, she didn't want to go back just yet.

And so, the martial artist chose to wander around town, thinking about things that a 19 year old college student shouldn't have to think about. Her walk was uneventful for a little while, until she crashed into someone, sending both of them crashing to the ground.

"Ah, mianhae! I didn't see you there!" Apologized SooMi as she got up.

"It's quite alright." Replied the man, making SooMi freeze. No... Please, God no! "Are you alrigh... SooMi? Is that you?"

"Ne, it's me, appa. " Spat the orange-haired girl, glaring at her father.

"Now, be nice. I am your father after all." JunPyo said, sugar-coating his voice.

"You may be my father, but you are not family. Leave me alone." Just as she was about to leave, JunPyo grabbed her arm, stopping her.

"I want to be in your life again, SooMi. What I did was wrong and stupid! Please, forgive me!" Pleadedthe older man. SooMi just scoffed.

"I will never forgive you. Goodbye." She tugged her arm free and stalked away, heading back to campus.

*******

"Anneonghaseyo, SooMi?" Greeted TaeMin as the martial artist walked into her dorm. Not even bothering to ask what he was doing here, she nodded to everyone, ignored JaeHwa's attempts to apologize, and walked into her room, slamming the door shut. She couldn't deal with people at the moment.

Meanwhile, JaeHwa was standing in silent shock, looking after her friend who had closed the door more than thirty seconds ago.

"She can't be that mad, can she?" Asked the blonde, sounding worried.

"Maybe something happened while she was out..." MinHo suggested, trying to reassure her. JaeHwa nodded, hoping to be able to apologize soon.

*******

It wasn;t until after supper that SooMi emrged from her room. Her fists were clenched; it looked like they had been that way for a while, and her eyes were red, like she had been crying.

"Are you okay?" Key asked, approaching his friend.

"I've been better. But I'm fine for now." Answered SooMi, giving him a small smile. Key gave her a sympathetic look before pulling her intoa hug.

"JaeHwa needs to talk to you. She's in the kitchen. She feels really bad." SooMi nodded and pulled away, giving him another smile as JongHyun came up and wrapped his arms around the taller man. She repressed a laugh as Key began complaining about his clothes being rumpled now.

She walked into the kitchen only to see her friend cursing at the blender, which appeared to have exploded strawberries and bananas. SooMi, of course, burst out laughing. What else could she do?

"Oh, stop laughing and help me clean up, will you?" Grumbled JaeHwa, now covered in her half-blended smoothie.

"Mian, mian. Here, let me get some paper towels." And just like that, everything was forgiven