College Days Chapter 18

College Days

 

 "SooMi, are you sure you and your mom don't mind me coming over for the holidays? I can always stay here." Said JaeHwa, watching her friend run around the dorm making sure they had everything they needed.

   "For the last time JaeHwa, it's fine. I think it would be better if you were there anyway.'SooMi replied, turning to her best friend. She really didn't want to spend Christmas alone with her mom. Not because she didn't love her mom, but because if it was just the two of them, they'd end up depressing each other.

   "Alright, fine. Let's go. You're driving." And with that, they were off.

*******

   "Just admit it, hyung. You're lost." Key said, crossing his arms.

   "I am not lostKey! I'm just... taking a detour." JongHyun retorted, too proud to admit that he was,  in fact, lost.

   "Hah! And I don't spend an hour on my hair every morning!" Snapped the diva, glaring at his boyfriend.

   "Seriously? An hour?" Asked JongHyun, incredulous.

   "Yes. Now pull over and ask for directions, unless you wanna be lost for the next two weeks." Key commanded.

   "Ask who for directions? There's no one here, and nothing around us!" Exclaimed the short man driving. Key decided this was the perfect moment to cuss profusely and reoeatedly.

*******

   TaeMin's drive didn't go any better. He left late, got stuck in traffic, ran out of gas, and then, to top it all off, his car broke down. Now he was stuck on a country road with nothing but fields lining it and no service on his phone. And he was pretty sure his mother was going to kill him when he finally got hom, if he got home.

   "This is just great." The dancer hit his head on the steering wheel, not bothering to lift his head when the horn started blaring.

*******

   "MinHo's trip went slightly better. He had to take a plane home, so he didn't have to deal with getting lost, breaking down, or getting stuck in traffic. No, he left on time, got to the airport three hours early like you're supposed to, went through security and all that. But when he finally got to the waiting area, he found out that his plane was delayed four hours. Four frickin hours!!!! MinHo decided to spend that time doing something he considered productive at the moment; glaring at anyone and everyone who dared even look at him.

*******

   Onew's trip went relatively well, until, when he was halfway to his destination, he realized that he had forgotten his suitcase in his dorm. So he turned around, went to get it then started going home again, only to realize that this time he had forgotten his phone. So back around he went, got his phone, then started back home. Now you'd think that this time he had everything. Nope. Fifteen minutes away from his house, he realized that he had forgotten his parents' Christmas presents. So... well, you get the idea. He ended up being very late to his welcome home dinner (which consisted of fried chicken, of course). But his parents were expecting something like that to happen, so they weren't very mad.

*******

   SooMi and JaeHwa had the best trip. They didn't forget anything (coughOnewcough), they didn't get lost (coughJongHyunandKeycough), they didn't break down (coughTaeMincough), and they weren't delayed (coughMinHocough). In fact, they made relatively good time. However, they did argue nonstop, of course.