College Days Chapter 6

College Days

 

"Alright, I'm going now!!" SooMi called from the door, waiting for the outburst.

"Going? Where are you going? Are you going out? On a school night?!" JaeHwa yelled, running out of her room clad in boy shorts,a big baggy shirt, and socks. You can imagine what happened next...

"JaeHwa don't slide!!" SooMi yelled, right before the blonde girl collided with her. This is getting old, SooMi thought, groaning as she got up.

"Sorry. It's these damn socks." JaeHwa said, rubbing her head.

"No, it's your damn clumsiness!" SooMi exclaimed, bursting into laughter as her blonde friend fell again. "Anyways, yes I'm going out. But only to beat up a punching bag. Are you drunk or something?" Asked the orange-haired girl as she steadied her friend.

"No, just really dizzy. I was spinning on the spinny chair at my desk." JaeHwa explained, grabbing onto her friend's shoulder.

:Geez. Why anyone would want to do that is beyond me." SooMi said, shaking her head. She hated spining unless she was doing it while fighting.

"Hush. Now why are you going to beat up a punching bag? You're not depressed again are you?" Asked the blonde girl, her eyes going wide. SooMi sighed.

"No, I'm not depressed again. Just bored. I finished everything I needed to do." Explained the orange-haired girl, reassuring her. To be perfectly honest, she was getting tired of people treating her like a fragile little girl. She was anything but. Her skills in martial arts proved that.

"Oh, well, why don't you join us at the dance studio?" JaeHwa suggested, letting go of her friend but still being cautious.

"Because I don't want to." Replied the orange-haired girl.

"You know Key oppa is going to make you come anyway. So why not save him the trouble of going to get you?" Said her friend, grinning.

"I think I'll take my chances. Bye! I might drop by the studio later!" SooMi called over her shouldee as she left. JaeHwa's grin grew. Her orange-haired stickler-for-the-rules best friend was starting to warm up to the 5 boys, even if she didn't want toadmit it. Then again, it was impossible not to like them.

***********************************************************************

   TaeMin sighed as he walked in the direction of the gym. Why Key hyung had made him go get SooMi was beyond him. The girl hardly even talked to him!! He was starting to think that she didn't like him. TaeMin sighed again as he walked into the gym. The sight that greeted him stopped him in his tracks. There was SooMi, beating up a punching bag like her life depended on it, sweating, and panting heavily, yet she was still as attractive as ever. TaeMin blushed at his thoughts. Where had that come from?

   SooMi grunted as she hit the heavy punching bag again. Contrary to what you might be thinking, she wasn't mad. She just wanted to practice. She wanted to keep her 5 2nd degree black belt status, thank you very much. Yup. You heard right. 5 2nd degree black belts. She would have had 6 if she hadn't had to quit because of money issues.

"Uhh... SooMi?" Asked a voice behind her, sounding unsure. SooMi used the momentum of the roundhouse kick she'd been in the middle of executing to swing around and face whoever had interrupted her.

"TaeMin? What are you doing here?" Asked the orange-haired girl, surprised.

"Uh... Key hyung sent me to get you. He told me to tell you to join us or else he would come get you hinslef." The blonde boy informed her. SooMi laughed. Knowing Key, he would carry out the threat if he had to.

"Arasso. I was just about to finish anyways. Is it all 5 of you guys tonight?" Asked the martial artist, grabbing her bag and slinging it over her shoulder, deciding to stay in sweat pants and a tank top.

"Aniyo, just Onew hyung, Key hyung, and me. JongHyun hyung and MinHo hyung both have a lot of homework to do, so they stayed behind." TaeMin said, happy that the orange-haired girl had decided to actually talk to him for once. SooMi smiled upon hearing this. JaeHwa must be happy.

   The two talked on their way to the dance studio. Both were happy to finally be having a real conversation with the other. Of course, they took their sweet time in getting back, which resulted in Key pouting a bit, as he thought they had decided to ditch them. He soon got over it though. Of course, it helped that JongHyun randomly appeared, saying that he was giving up on his homework for the night. And of course, MinHo joined some time later, having finished his homework and wanting to spend time with his friends.

   Yup, the 7 of them had grown quite close over the past few weeks. In they're minds, nothing could go wrong at the moment.