College Days Chapter 13

College Days

 

"JaeHwa, are you okay?" Onew asked as the pair walked to the dance studio.

"Yeah, just really tired. I haven't been getting a lot of sleep lately." Replied the blonde girl, rubbing at her eyes. Damn SooMi and her nightmares.

"Why not?" Asked the older boy, frowning down at her as they walked into the studio.

"Tell you later." JaeHwa didn't want to tell him in front of SooMi, since she was the reason she wasn't sleeping.

"Anneonghaseyo, Onew hyung?" Greeted TaeMin, smiling.

"Anneonghaseyo, Taemin... SooMi?" Answered Onew, seeing the martial artist in the corner. SooMi looked up and gave a small smile that looked forced. JaeHwa mentally rolled her eyes. She was starting to think that what had happened wasn't so bad, and that SooMi just wanted attention.

"Gwaenchana, SooMi?" Asked MinHo, who had arrived at the same time as Onew and JaeHwa with JongHyun and Key.

"Ne, I'm just tired." Replied SooMi. JaeHwa scoffed, gaining the group's attention.

"I'm sorry, but you're tired? At least you get some sleep every night!" JaeHwa exclaimed, addressing her roommate.

"It's not my fault you don't sleep." Replied SooMi, frowning.

"Actually, it is! You and your stupid nightmares!" Yelled the blonde girl. She had finally had enough.

"First of all, they are not stupid. Second of all, there's a reason I get them!!"

"A reason that you won't tell us! And that leads me to believe that what happened to you wasn't as bad as you make it out to be!" SooMi froze at this, pain and fury plain in her eyes. "Got nothing to say, do you?"

"I was almost ing !!!" Yelled SooMi, tears welling up in her eyes. "Three of your mother's thugs beat me then tried to me!!" JaeHwa stayed silent, not knowing what to say.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Key asked gently, sorrow on his face.

"Because it's humiliating and I couldn't!! I just couldn't." The last words were whispered before SooMi ran out of the room, unable to face her friends.

   JaeHwa hadn't moved since learning what had happened the night of the ball. She had no idea her mother could be so cruel... And damn! She should have never doubted her best friend! What the hell was wrong with her? JaeHwa's houghts snapped her out of her daze.

"I should go find her..." She muttered, looking around for her shoes.

"Aniyo, you should leave her be. She needs to be alone." Key countered, shaking his head.

"But-"

"Key hyung is right. She isn't in any state to talk right now." MinHo said, putting his head hand on her shoulder. JaeHwa relented, hoping her friends were right.