Let the Games Begin

I Don't Like K-Pop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The day of the tournament finally arrived and Suzy didn’t feel an ounce of nervousness as she was too confident. She noticed again that she was the only female competitor, well the only female in the room. Representatives from different countries were there and all of them had companions except for her. She wished her friends were there but immediately brushed off the thought and focused on winning.

“We have a special guest for today. He’s a top idol who has been known to own the title of StarCraft champion for 5 years now. Please welcome Cho Kyuhyun!” announced the MC from the stage.

The crowd applauded and a few people were cheering. Suzy had no idea who he was and just so that she wouldn’t come off as rude, she clapped as well. Kyuhyun didn’t say a word; he just sat at the table that was on the stage with his sunglasses on even though you were indoors.

The games began and slowly, the competitors were leaving the room because of defeat. Kyuhyun was watching people play while walking behind them and she barely noticed that he stopped right behind her because she was too concentrated. She barely realized that there were only two of them left playing and Kyuhyun still didn’t leave his spot behind her.

Everyone was quiet and Kyuhyun took the seat next to Suzy and started playing. The hours have passed and people started to get tired so many went home. A few were left because they wanted to see the winner.

 

“GAME OVER!!!! Loser!!!! Hahahahhahaha!!!” shouted Suzy

She started jumping around and cheering for herself while the crowd did the same. Kyuhyun wasn’t part of the competition so he just continued playing silently.

 

“ 규현씨 (Kyuhyun-ssi), we finally have a winner, please present the award to our own female player” the MC announced through the microphone on stage

“Co... co... congratulations” Kyuhyun said in English as he handed her the trophy.

That’s all he said as he handed her the trophy and the huge check. When he laid his eyes on her, he took off his sunglasses and just stared at her with a faint smile forming on his lips. His eyes were wide open and it was like he never blinked as his sight was fixated on her. He extended his hand to give her a handshake where he grasped her hand tightly.

“Kyuhyun-ssi…you can let go now” said the MC who awkwardly laughed

‘Uh…네 (yes)? Oh yes yes…Congratulations” Kyuhyun said as put his hands behind his back and tried to stop himself from smiling.

Suzy didn’t really know who he was so she didn’t notice how he was looking at her as she stood in front of the cameras. It took a while and when it was his turn for a picture with her, he nervousl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter