Chapter 7

KyuWook - Be the one you hate

I called Ahra not long after that. When she finally answered, I growled.

 

“What was that for?!”

 

“Huh? Don’t tell me you didn’t get along well with him! He’s so cute and nice!”

 

“Yeah, so what? You had no right to just leave me alone with him! What if he had been a big ert? I would’ve been or…”

 

“Didn’t you do this to that poor girl? It would’ve served you right.”

 

I stayed silent. Yeah… I had done this to that stupid thing. But that was her fault, not her sister who had decided to let her alone with me’s fault.

 

“Ari, listen, you…”

 

“Kyu. Call me Kyu. I… when we’re just the both of us, use my real name okay?”

 

“Hmm, okay. Kyu. I did this because I knew you could get along with him and I also knew he wasn’t some random big ert. I wouldn’t have let you alone with him if I hadn’t been sure that he’s a nice guy.”

 

“But still, unnie, the condoms! Why?!”

 

She laughed.

 

“Well, just in case! Didn’t you use them?”

 

“What are you trying to say?!”

 

“You know what I mean! But hey, I’m just teasing you. More seriously, do you like him?”

 

“Like? Too soon to say so. But he did say that he thinks I’m attractive, and to be honest he…”

 

I stopped there. Wait a minute. I was starting to turn into a real girl. I sighed.

 

“He’s okay. I’ll go now. Bring my clothes at 4. See you then. Goodbye.”

 

I hung up and sighed more before starting to walk around in circles in my apartment. It was only 3 PM, one hour before Ahra would come - I couldn’t just go around dressed like I was - and I was bored. So I sat in front of my computer and tried to work. I didn’t have much to do, but if I could do anything, I preferred doing this than being completely bored. After fifteen minutes, I decided to uncork a bottle of wine so I would have something to drink while I was working. I ended up emptying three of these before unnie arrived and it’s being half-drunk that I opened the door when she knocked.

 

“Oooh noona ~ Finally, here you are ~”

 

She frowned when she saw the three bottles on my desk and the fourth one - not uncorked yet - in my hands. She threw the clothes in a corner, closed the door and snatched the bottle from my hands.

 

“Kyu! Oh, Kyu, you’re still drinking that much?”

 

She put the bottle back into my wine fridge and dragged me to the couch.

 

“Kyu, drinking that much won’t change anything. You’re stuck in this body for now, okay? You’ll have to do with it. Drinking won’t make you become a man again.”

 

“Well, nobody is saying that… ~”

 

“Kyu! Shut up. Just, shut up!”

 

She sighed and slapped me hard, making me partly recover a clear mind.

 

“Huh? Why did you do this?”

 

She crossed her arms and looked at me with severe eyes.

 

“Kyu, you are stupid! If you keep being like this, you’re not my brother anymore! I won’t help you with your girl problems and you’ll have to find someone else to help you!”

 

“I… I’m sorry. Ahra, I’m sorry…”

 

“Noona.”

 

“Noona, I’m sorry.”

 

She sighed.

 

“First, stop drinking that much. It’s bad for your health. Second, stop complaining and just get used to being a girl. Third, you’ll learn to place your clothes correctly in your wardrobe. Fourth, you…”

 

“Fourth, I’ll try to remember what you just told me.”

 

She sighed again.

 

“Stupid brother. Alright, let’s do this…”

 

When she left, two hours later, the apartment didn’t look like a guy was living in it. It was clean and tidy, though it still looked simple and modestly furnished. I had time for part of the alcohol in my body to disappear, and my thoughts were clearer as I looked at my new wardrobe. Ahra had brought with her my old clothes so I wouldn’t be tempted to wear them.

 

The phone rang around 8:15 and I frowned before answering it, hoping it wouldn’t be anyone from work.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Aria-Li? It’s me, Ryeowook…”

 

Oh, well. It was someone from work, but… he didn’t call to talk to Kyuhyun. He called to talk to Aria-Li.

 

“Oh, hi!”

 

“I hope I’m not disturbing you?”

 

“No, you’re not, I was just watching TV…”

 

“That’s good! I was wondering, are you free tomorrow evening?”

 

“Um, yeah, I think so. Wanted to go somewhere?”

 

“Yeah, I thought about going in Old Montreal. There are beautiful restaurants there… Of course, I’d treat you. I won’t make a lady pay for her food.”

 

I smiled. Gentleman, but that was a bit useless, since I had more money than him. Oh well, I could always put more on his pay, using my own money.

 

“I’d love to go. Where do we meet?”

 

“Actually, I wanted to come and get you in front of your apartment.”

 

“Really? Cool! See you tomorrow, then?”

 

“Yeah! I’ll be in front of your building at 7.”

 

“Okay! See you!”

 

“See you. Goodnight. Have sweet dreams, ‘kay?”

 

“Yeah. You too.”

 

I hung up and stayed next to the phone for a few minutes, thinking about what had just happened. My body had started getting crazy and excited on its own when I had heard his voice. Plus, my brain had stopped working when he had asked me if I had anything to do the next evening. That. Was. WEIRD.

 

I sighed and went to my room. I started rummaging through my wardrobe until I suddenly frowned and stopped moving. Wait. WAIT A SECOND. I had unconsciously just started searching for what I would wear THE DAY AFTER. That wasn’t possible. There was no way I was already starting to become so girly…