Chapter 5

KyuWook - Be the one you hate

 

 

“Ari, you’re so pretty!”

 

“You think so?”

 

“Of course I do! Look at you, you’re adorable!”

 

I sighed. Noo… um, unnie, had brought clothes for me to wear for the day. She had decided that I would look prettier with a white tee shirt and white roses in my hair. She had brought high heels - gosh I hated these - and made me wear them for the day. She had also brushed my hair and made a perfect ponytail with it before putting just a bit of make-up on my face. I sighed.

 

“Honestly? I hate dressing as a girl, even with my body being the one of a girl. I feel like a big ert even if I hate girls.”

 

“Oh, baby, don’t! You look pretty!”

 

I sighed again. “Well then, maybe we should start by going to that guy’s place so he’ll give me new IDs. Then we’ll go shopping.”

 

“Okay!”

 

We left. It didn’t take long before I had new IDs, with my new name, Aria-Li Cho, and my picture on them. Sun card for the hospital, driving license… everything was here. I paid the guy and left, happy that this was done.

 

And now, it was torture time.

 

I HATED SHOPPING!

 

“I hate shopping… my feet hurt… the clothes are horrible… I hate wearing a bra… the weather is so hot under all that hair… I hate girls… I hate being a girl…”

 

“Ari, will you shut it, please? If you had been nicer to girls, this wouldn’t have happened.”

 

I sighed and stopped talking. I still wasn’t used to my new name, it just felt very weird when my sister kept calling me by my new nickname.

 

We went here and there and she made me try out uncountable pieces of clothing. We bought enough clothes to fill three whole big bags and I was just starting to get used to shopping girls clothes when she suddenly warned me:

 

“Ari, careful!”

 

I got out of my thoughts just soon enough to notice the guy coming in my direction. I noticed him, but I had no time to move out of his way. I bumped into him and felt myself falling. But, instead of feeling the hard floor under me, I felt a warm arm catching me.

 

“I’m so sorry! I didn’t see you. Are you okay?”

 

“Huh…?” was the only thing I managed to say.

 

I looked at the one who had caught me, examining him. Fluffy brown hair, beautiful dark, worried eyes, and a very cute smile. I knew this guy. He was working for me at the company. He just loved girls and kept buying them cute things, and it was annoying to hear the girls fangirl all over him.

 

“Ari, are you okay?” I heard my sister ask me.

 

I blinked and pushed the guy away after making sure I could stay on my feet, growling.

 

“Yeah, I’m okay.”

 

She turned to face the guy. “I’m terribly sorry. She’s rude…”

 

He smiled. “It’s okay. It’s my fault. Lady, maybe I could treat you to something to apologize for what just happened?”

 

I growled. “Like I’ll follow some stranger. No way!”

 

“I’m Ryeowook Kim. Please? Your, um…?”

 

“Cousin. I’m Ahra, she’s Aria-Li”, unnie said.

 

“Your cousin can come with us if you don’t feel safe. I’m just very sorry that I almost made you fall. I’ll let you choose the place if you’d like.”

 

“I’d like coffee from Tim Hortons.”

 

I turned to unnie. She was the one who had said that. She winked to me.

 

“Is it okay with you, Mr. Kim?” she asked.

 

“Of course! But hey, just call me Ryeowook.”

 

I hit my sister in the ribs with my elbow, the ‘What the Hell are you doing?’ style. She smiled before looking at the guy’s in front of us, the ‘Following a cute guy offering us coffee’ style. I sighed, the ‘But why?’ style. She laughed softly, the ‘Because he seems perfect for you, of course! Pst, I know you’re gay. Well, hetero, now that you’re a girl’ style.

 

I growled and sighed, forced to follow the both of them, before looking away, the ‘No need to remind me that’ style.