Chapter 4

KyuWook - Be the one you hate

I spent the rest of the day looking at my body, wondering what I should do with it. I tried remembering what I knew about what girls had to do everyday. Okay, first, girls didn’t need to shave their face everyday. But there were other places they had to shave though, such as armpits and legs. I sighed. I would definitely still need my razor.

 

Oh, and a girl had to look pretty by putting make-up. I growled. Hell no. There was NO way I would use make-up. I didn’t care if that made me seem more ugly or anything, there was NO way I would enslave myself with this.

 

Also, girls usually had a more polite language than guys. I had never heard my sister curse. I sighed. WHY THE WAS IT SO COMPLICATED?!

 

Oh, and, crap. Girls wore dresses and skirts. Oh crap. Oh crap! There was no way my sister would let me escape these. There was NO way she would let me wear pants everyday! I could almost see dresses and skirts flying in my direction, laughing at me because I had to wear them…

 

The phone rang, making me jump. I went to answer it and clenched my teeth when I heard how high-pitched my voice was.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Um… hello? Could I talk to President Cho? I’m his vice-president, Choi Siwon…”

 

“Oh, um… K-Kyuhyunnie… is not feeling very well. He’s in bed right now.”

 

“Oh! Okay, sorry for disturbing, then. I was just wondering why he didn’t come today. We didn’t have anything important, but presidents from other companies decided that we should have an important meeting in one week. Could you tell him that?”

 

I was quickly taking notes and I contained a sigh of relief when I noticed that my handwriting hadn’t changed.

 

“Yes, I’ll tell him that. Thank you for calling, but… I don’t think he’ll be able to come to the meeting. He’s very sick right now. But, if you could link his computer to the system, he could still talk to the other presidents.”

 

“He won’t be able to come? That’s too bad. But yeah, with the technology, we could do that. Thanks. Tell him that I hope he’ll get better soon. I’ll pray for him.”

 

“Thanks. Goodbye.”

 

I hung up and growled. There was NO WAY I could talk to them with that horrible voice. I suddenly smiled. Maybe I couldn’t talk to them with this voice. But I wasn’t the president of a technology company for nothing. I went to my computer. I could definitely make sure that my voice sounded just like before…

 

It took me a few hours, but after this time I managed to make my voice, through the computer, sound exactly like before. I smiled and talked, the computer recording my words.

 

“Ladies, gents, I am President Cho.”

 

I made it stop recording and clicked ‘Play’.

 

“Ladies and gents, I am President Cho”, said my usual deep voice through the computer.

 

Good! Now, I just had to try with the program we usually used for this kind of meeting. I waited until I knew Ahra was home and called her.

 

“Kyu?”

 

“Hi.”

 

“Huh? Are you back to your normal self? Your voice…”

 

“No, I’m just using a program to make it sound like my man voice. Next week I have a meeting, I’ll do it through the computer and I don’t want them to know I became one of those stupid things I hate so much…”

 

She stayed silent for a while. She never understood why I hated girls so much, but at least she was nice enough not to judge me because of that.

 

“Okay, so, why did you call?” she finally asked.

 

“Well, first, to make sure my program is working. Second, when do you want us to go shopping tomorrow? The hour?”

 

“Maybe around 10? The shops open at 10. If we want to buy you enough clothes for a while, we should start early.”

 

“Um, okay. Do you think you could let me use some of your clothes for tomorrow? There is no way in Hell I’ll wear the ones I have on right now to go out. At least not the top.”

 

“Yeah, sure. I’ll bring clothes with me so you can choose before we go. But you’ll have to keep the pants you had today. Mine won’t fit, you became smaller.”

 

I growled. “No need to remind me that I became an ant.”

 

“Oh, Kyu, it’s okay. But, um, Kyu?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Maybe we should change your name? I mean, ‘Kyuhyun’ isn’t a very girly name… even for people here who don’t know Korean names.”

 

“What do you suggest? I can’t just take a random name like this…”

 

“I don’t know…”

 

“Maybe I could just keep using my name and just say my parents are weird?”

 

“It would be better if you changed everything. And also, maybe you should also have new IDs?”

 

“Oh crap. I forgot about that. But it’ll be okay. I know someone who can make these for me, if I pay him correctly.”

 

“Will you change your name?”

 

“Maybe. I still don’t know. Any idea?”

 

“I have that friend, her parents wanted to name her Aria-Li.”

 

“… are you saying you want me to have that name?”

 

“Aria-Li Cho! Not bad, though it doesn’t really fit the Korean way of naming people. But then again, we were both born here, so we could’ve had Canadian names.”

 

I sighed. “Let’s say it’s not that bad. I’ll take it because I have no other idea.”

 

“Okay! See you tomorrow, then? Ari!”

 

“What? Already nicknamed me?”
 

“Why not? Hehe, see you tomorrow!”

 

“Yeah, see you…”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, my parents wanted to name me Ariane-Li. But it sounded weird so I changed it a bit xD

Don't worry, Wookie's appearing in the next chapter ^^' xD Sorry it's taking so long ^^'