Chapter 13

KyuWook - Be the one you hate

I listened to the message five times.

 

Just to make sure I had heard correctly. Though I knew I had heard correctly.

 

“Miina… saranghae…”

 

I blushed for the sixth time - the first time had been when the message had been recorded - in less than 30 minutes and I sighed. I almost pressed the Delete button, but I took my hand back before touching it. I wasn’t going to delete this message.

 

I sat in front of my computer and sighed again before opening Skype. I clicked on my sister’s icon and waited for her to answer. When she finally did, I sighed one more time.

 

“Noona, I was so stupid…”

 

“Huh? What did you do?”

 

“I rejected him… I told him that, if in one year, he still can’t forget about me, then we can see each other again… but not before…”

 

“Kyu, you’re so stupid!”

 

“I know, right? I am…”

 

“Why did you do that?”

 

“Because I’m ing falling for him!”

 

“But that’s good! You could have a lover!”

 

“No, it’s not good! I am a MAN, noona! And Ryeowook likes GIRLS.”

 

“Then, stay as a girl? He’ll love you forever!”

 

“No way! I still want my real body back!”

 

She sighed. “Then, why are you calling? You just want me to tell you that you’re stupid?”

 

“No, actually, I…”

 

Oh gosh. I couldn’t believe I would say this.

 

“I wanted you to teach me how to be a real girl.”

 

*******************************************

 

Six months and hours of practice later…

 

“Stop sitting like this! We can see your !”

 

“, forgot about this again.”

 

“Don’t curse!”

 

“Okay, okay.”

 

“Be cuter and shyer!”

 

“Oh… m’kay.”

 

“That’s good. Now, introduce yourself!”

 

“Um, hi ~ I’m Aria-Li Cho… it’s very nice to meet you… please be nice with me…”

 

“Good!”

 

I contained a sigh, not wanting to be beaten up by Spartan Teacher Ahra. She had made me sit on a chair just like usual, and she was teaching me how a girl from a good family should act.

 

“Sit straight! Good.”

 

“Um, unnie?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Do you think… do you think oppa is crying because of me right now?”

 

She sighed softly.

 

“It’s been six months and you’re just starting to care about him? But hey, I don’t know. I really don’t know. He seemed like a pretty sensitive, caring guy. Maybe he is. Maybe you should call him?”

 

I pouted. “No ~ I told him: one year. So it will be one year.”

 

“Is that why you wanted me to teach you how to be a girl? I never really asked you why…”

 

“Yeah-I mean, yes, unnie. The witch, she said that I had to live like a girl… so… I guess I’ll have to know how to be a girl…”

 

“I’ll try teaching you more tonight, in a real life situation. Are you free?”

 

“Um, yes, I’m always free. Why?”

 

“We’re going to the club!”

 

I stayed speechless for a minute before pouting.

 

“Um, no. I’m not free tonight.”

 

“Oh, c’mon!” she laughed. “It’s going to be fun! Plus, I’m treating you to as much alcohol as you’d like. I’ll be the one driving anyways.”

 

“But there won’t be wine in there…”

 

“But there are other drinks. C’mon!”

 

I sighed. “M’kay.”

 

She threw her hands up in the air, victorious. “You’ll have to wear a dress!”

 

I opened huge eyes. “WHUT?! !”

 

She hit my head with the ruler in her hands. “Don’t curse!”

 

I sighed. Tonight would be a very long night…