Chapter 11

KyuWook - Be the one you hate

He drove me back home. I went to my apartment without looking back and I sighed when I threw myself on my bed.

 

“Kyu, why are you so stupid?! Are you just playing hard to get or what?...”

 

I growled at myself again before my growl of frustration became a growl of pain. Stomachache? But… why? I hadn’t eaten anything special and I hadn’t eaten anything out-of-date…

 

I went to the bathroom to ease my pain in the toilet. But when I pulled down my , I understood. My sister had told me more about these than what guys usually knew.

 

“Oh, what? Period?! !”

 

At least my sister had bought a few boxes of sanitary towels for me. I read the instructions, just in case I would be stupid enough not to get how to use these, before running to my room to get clean and put the thing into place. When I got out of the bathroom, I immediately washed the stained cloth. I didn’t want it to dry like this.

 

I was almost done when my stomach hurt again. I growled.

 

“Oh, what the ? That !”

 

I lay down on my couch and sighed. Was this the reason why I was being so moody and sad and weird right now? Because of my hormones?

 

“I hate being a girl…”

 

“Well, you’ll have to get used to it!”

 

I jumped and growled when I saw the witch in the middle of the main room, an amused smile on her lips.

 

“You …!”

 

“Tut-tut-tut. Don’t be so rude. You’re a lady. Ladies don’t use these words.”

 

“You ! You’re the…”

 

“I told you, ladies don’t use these words! Want me to give you only one year before you stay as a girl for eternity?”

 

I shut up. She nodded, satisfied.

 

“Good girl. Now, listen to me. Actually, there are two things you have to do in these two years in order to become a man again. The first one is to experience the life as a girl. This means that you have to go out, live like a girl would live, and it also means that you can’t stay home and don’t go out because you’re ashamed of your appearance. Plus, you have to stop living like a man. Meaning that you’ll have to abandon your job and take another one, since your job right now is a job you had as a man.”

 

I frowned. “Wait. WHAT?! You want me to abandon my job?!”

 

“Or find someone else who’ll do it while you’re being a girl. You won’t turn back into a man if you keep this job.”

 

“.”

 

I sighed. “And what’s the other thing I have to do?”

 

“I can’t tell you. You’ll have to experience something in particular but you’ll have to figure it out by yourself. But don’t worry - I’ll make sure you’ll have the occasion to experience it. You’ll just have to grab it.”

 

“You b…”

 

“Say it one more time and you’ll have half a year to experience being a girl before staying like this forever.”

 

I bit my lip not to insult her one more time and she smiled before slowly disappearing.

 

“Good girl. Now do what I told you to do. I’m helping you only because you’re being stupid and bad, making this poor boy cry…”

 

It took a while before I understood that she was talking about Ryeowook. I frowned.

 

“Ryeowook… cried because of me?”

 

Only the silence answered my question.