Chapter 8: Happy Texting!

Bestfriends to Lovers

 

Chapter 8: Happy Texting!

Flashback

The brown and orange leaves fell slowly from the trees that are standing still. It was autumn and the kids are really excited to go play at the park while their parents are busy sweeping the leaves scattered at the ground. The sound of the leaves being swept irritated Taecyeon’s ears. He’s busy watching some random cartoons while lying down comfortably at the soft white couch situated infront of the television. The sound is repeated again and he is really mad this time because he cannot understand what the characters are saying anymore.

He stood up and went near the window to see what everyone is up to. Through the window, he saw his mom sweeping the leaves at the ground. He rolled his eyes to the location of the park. There he saw a little kid with a braided black hair tied with a red ribbon, porcelain-like skin and pinkish white face. She is playfully sitting at the park bench while watching the birds fly from one tree to another. He continued to look at the little girl and when he realized that it is Eunjung, he excitedly opened their door and ran outside.

“Yah! Taecyeo----“, his mom shouted when she saw her son running to the park. Taecyeon ignored his mom and continued to run towards Eunjung. Eunjung noticed someone getting near her when she heard the footsteps getting closer. She faced Taecyeon who is panting.

“Taec! Glad you’re here!” She excitedly said while standing up and clapping. Though if you imagine her doing that, you’ll picture a playful and bubbly girl but the truth is that she is a mature and calm little girl. Because of this attitude, Taecyeon developed feelings for her even though others especially SooHyun feel awkward around her. Taecyeon smiled cheerfully at Eunjung.

“Where are the others?” Taecyeon asked while searching the whole park and stuck his eyes to Eunjung again.

“They want to go out but they are not allowed by their parents. So let’s just play together, okay?” She said while smiling widely.

“Neh!” Taecyeon answered showing his brightest smile. He couldn’t explain the happiness he’s feeling when he’s with his crush.

Eunjung pulled him to the seesaw.

She signaled Taecyeon that they will sit at the same time so that it won’t be hard for the other to go up. She counted one two three and they sat at their places at the same time. Taecyeon made himself heavier and that is why Eunjung was the one up. She screamed but Taec just giggled.

“Yah Taec!!! Let me down!!” Eunjung screamed. Taec felt bad that is why he just fixed his position.

“Mianhae.” He told Eunjung bringing out a sad face. Eunjung just exhaled deeply and placed her palm on her heart. “It’s okay…” she just replied.

“Wanna go to the swing?” Eunjung asked as if nothing happened. “Ne..” Taec just answered and again they counted to three so that they will go down to the seesaw together to avoid accidents.

They went together at the swing and had chats while the swing is swinging back and forth. The sound of the swing echoed inside his ears and he enjoyed every moment with his crush.

-end of flashback

 

Silence echoed inside the dark room. The lights are off and the curtains and windows are closed but the light from the post standing at the side of the silent street gives the dark room a little light. Taecyeon lay on his bed and placed his right arm on his forehead. He stared at the ceiling and started imagining different things to make himself sleep. He did this for minutes but still, something is running in his mind which is not letting him sleep.

He focused his attention towards the window where he can see the dim light from the sidewalk outside. He stared at it again like what he did awhile ago.

His cellphone beeped and he turned to its direction. He stared at this for a few seconds and finally he fixed his position and grabbed his cellphone from the desk located beside his bed. He opened the message without looking who the sender is.

 

(Message)

From: EunJung <3

Good night everyone!!! Although I’m not yet sleepy……..Well, for those who are like me TEXT ME!! For those who are going to sleep already, hope you all have some sweetdreams!! I’m really looking forward on what will happen tomorrow at school…

@Ji and Woo: Hey lovebirds! How’s the practice?? Report to me.

@Suzy: I think I left my wallet inside your bag. Don’t dare get something from there!!!

@SooHyun: Thanks for paying for the food awhile ago!!! I’m really sorry because I misplaced my wallet!

@Taec: How’s Kirin? Have you enjoyed your first week?

 

…GroupMessage…

 

He smiled as he read who the sender is. He actually felt his heart ache when he thought about Soohyun paying for Eunjung’s food. He just smiled because atleast his crush texted him. He motioned his fingers to reply on Eunjung’s text.

 

To: EunJung <3

Ofcourse I enjoyed it because of you! I love Kirin! The Students and teachers are so nice!

He was about to delete the first sentence but he accidentally clicked the ‘send’ button before he could do so.

“Yah!” he nervously yelled to his cellphone. He thought about how stupid that message is that is why he just took a deep breath to be ready to make it look like a joke the moment she replies. He just stared at his cellphone waiting for a reply. After some seconds, Eunjung replied:

 

I’m glad to hear that! I also love Kirin because of that! What are you doing right now? You’re not yet going to sleep?

 

Eunjung is really different.  Other girls will reply “What are you talking about, crazy guy?” or “You FLIRT!” if they were the ones who received Taec’s message. He felt relieved on what Eunjung replied. ‘Atleast she’s different’ he thought. Eunjung scored 100% if you’re going to rate her according to Taec’s ideal girl.

(pink-Eunjung, Blue-Taec)

I’m breathing and texting… haha..Not yet sleepy... How about you?

Yah! What kind of answer is that?! I’m a little sleepy but I still want to text my friends! Who are you texting?

Kekeke… Right now? Only you….. You need to sleep now or you’ll lose your beautiful face!

Thanks Taecyeon!!! Jungmal Gomawo!! Atleast someone appreciates my beauty!

Wae??? No one is courting you in that kind of beauty?!!

Ummm…. Actually there are some but they don’t take it seriously.

 So did you already have a boyfriend?

Taecyeon can’t believe that no one is courting her seriously. “Ummm…. Actually there are some but they don’t take it seriously.” He read the text again. He felt sad upon reading this text. He stared at the text one more time and brought out a sigh. ‘If we will become a couple, I will really take care of her I will take her seriously.’ He thought. He became impatient while waiting for her reply. Suddenly, his cellphone blinked and beeped and again, he focused on his cellphone.

I never actually had a boyfriend….. NBSB! No Boyfriend Since Birth…. Haha! LOL… haha… Good night Taec! I’m gonna sleep already… So sleepy… :))

At Eunjung’s side:

Eunjung’s POV

So did you already have a boyfriend?

He replied to me. My heartbeat became abnormally fast and my face became hot. Since I saw Taec for the first time after 10 years I started to have a crush on him. What more can you ask for? He’s smart, handsome, talented and undeniably sweet. I love his English too!

I paused for awhile and decided what to reply. Well, I did not have a boyfriend yet but I don’t know how to tell it to him. Should I place a sad expression on my text? Or maybe joke a bit? Um.. Maybe joking a bit will help.

I was about to reply to him but my cellphone suddenly beeped and I looked who the sender is. “Kim SooHyun” I read the name of the sender. Wow! This is unbelievable because Soohyun rarely text. That was a late reply!

Hehe… I rarely text because I’m bored but now I’m in the mood so I replied…. Yah! You’re my friend that is why I paid for your food. I always treat Suzy and the others but I never actually treated you before so it’s time to do the things I’ve never done before… haha… Sleep now! Do you want to be ugly?!

I chuckled as I read his text. He has a point. Before we were very awkward with each other but because of just one morning, everything changed. I paused for a while before I finally positioned my fingers to type my message at the screen of my cellphone.

Hehe… Thanks a lot SooHyun!! Good Night!! Sleep well, okay??

When I received the text from Soohyun, I almost forgot about Taecyeon. Maybe because this is rare and I felt really excited. I opened Taec’s message again and decided to reply. Before I could tap a letter to begin with, I received a message coming from SooHyun. I decided to reply to Taec first before opening SooHyun’s. I yawned and I felt really sleepy.

I never actually had a boyfriend….. NBSB! No Boyfriend Since Birth…. Haha! LOL… haha… Good night Taec! I’m gonna sleep already… So sleepy… :))

I replied to him and I placed my blanket over me. I opened my inbox and proceeded to SooHyun’s message.

Okay! Good night! Mwuah! Sweetdreams!!!

My heart beats fast and I felt an unexplained happiness inside me. I cannot even hide my smile anymore. I still want to reply! But I’m sleepy!! But….. It’s just for a few seconds…. I positioned my thumb again to tap the word “reply” at my phone’s screen.

Sweetdreams!!! Mwuah!!

I still held my cellphone as if waiting for a reply. I held it tighter and I even closed my eyes. Suddenly,it beeped and I hurriedly opened the message from SooHyun.

Okay, Okay… Sleep now! Haha… Good Night again…

I was about to reply again but I decided to stop myself. If I reply again, we won’t be able to sleep. I just placed my cellphone at the desk beside me and let myself sleep.

 

 

This is a short chapter…. Haha… This is actually a bonus chapter because I’m quite busy with other things... Who do you want Eunjung to end up with??? Who do you think?? I’m actually planning to make another fanfic but I haven’t decided on the couple yet…. So please help me decide!!!!!!!! Will it be TAECZY? SOOJUNG? WOOU? OR MAYBE SUPER GENERATION?? Just place your suggestions on the comments…. I may not be able to update for 2 weeks.. Sorry!!!!!….. But please wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

Here's a Taeczy gif

SooJung gif

Woou!!!