Chapter 7

Bestfriends to Lovers

 

Chapter 7: WooYoung and JiEun!

JiEun arrived at the school 40 minutes before the time. She went to school alone because she wanted to go to school earlier. She can only see 3-4 students at the school and it’s still dark. As usual, she took the stairs in going to the classroom.

She arrived at their classroom and someone is already there. She did not bother to check who it is. She went straight to her desk situated near the window. She placed her bag beside her and rested her head on her desk. She’s facing the window which is on her left side.

She heard a table being moved closer to her then someone tapped her shoulders. She changed the position of her head. If before, it faces her left, now, she is facing right. Wooyoung’s face was the first one she saw. Wooyoung is imitating her position and then he smiled.

“Good morning Wooyoung.” JiEun smiled back. She fixed her sitting position and Wooyoung followed her.

“Good morning JiEun.” Wooyoung said.

“Have you decided on the song yet?” JiEun asked Wooyoung.

“Ani.. Miss Shi wants us to sing and dance, right?” Wooyoung said.

“Ne.. Wae?? Have you finally decided on a song?”

“Ne..” Wooyoung said proudly.

“What song?”

“Troublemaker! Let’s do a real kiss!” Wooyoung joked.

“Yah! Be serious!” JiEun shouted.

“Araso, Araso..”

 

Flashback..

 “Come with me to the faculty room.” Miss Shi said. Wooyoung and JiEun looked at each other.

“You two go ahead.” JiEun told Taecyeon and Suzy. They waved good bye. JiEun and Wooyoung went to the faculty room with Miss Shi.

“Maybe the two of you are wondering why I called for you just now.” Miss Shi started.

“N-neh.” JiEun said.

“Is there any problem ma’am?” Wooyoung asked.

“Well, since we will have a program next week, I want the both of you to prepare a sing and dance performance.” The teacher said and the two looked at each other. Their eyes became big. They were really shocked on what the teacher told them.

“Us ma’am? Are you serious?” JiEun asked. Things are getting unbelievable for her.

“Ne. I’m serious. I believe in the skills of the both of you. This will be your first time performing on stage right? I’m just recognizing your skills and ofcourse I want to give chance to others. I kinda got sick on the same faces I see at the stage. Now, you two give everything you got. I believe in you. Decide on a song so that we can begin practices tomorrow. Araso? FIGHTING! You can go home now.” their adviser gave them her full support.

“Kamsahmnida!” They both said and went out of the faculty room with a shocked expression.

“This is not a dream right?” JiEun whispered to herself but Wooyoung heard it. He pinched JiEun’s right cheek.

“Does it hurt?” He asked JiEun.

“Neh. It does hurt. So that means…… THIS IS NOT A DREAM!” She excitedly said and hugged Wooyoung tightly. “I’m so happy!”

Their heartbeat started to become abnormal. Wooyoung hugged her back. Their faces became red as they released each other from the tight hug.

“We have to decide on a song as soon as possible.” Wooyoung said as the atmosphere becomes awkward.

“N-ne.” the atmosphere became more awkward when JiEun opened . They walked silently outside the school.

“JiEun-ah, are you hungry?” Wooyoung finally broke the awkward silence.

“N-ne. Let’s eat first?” JiEun said.

They went to the nearest Fastfood Restaurant to eat. They sat at the seat nearest to the window. They sat opposite each other.

“What do you want to order?” Wooyoung asked JiEun.

“I want Burger Steak and pineapple juice. How much is that?” JiEun said bringing out her pink wallet.

“No, I’ll pay! Return that thing to your pocket! You have no money!” Wooyoung said.

“Are you trying to insult me?” JiEun reacted. The two of them really loves to nag each other.

“Ani.. I’m serious, I’ll pay.” Wooyoung looked very serious and JiEun just nodded. Wooyoung stood up from his seat and went to the counter to order while JiEun looked at the people passing by outside the window.

 

JiEun’s POV:

Wooyoung went to order and I stayed at our table. I turned my head to the window and watched the people passing by. The couple wearing matching t-shirts caught my attention. I suddenly thought how sweet they are. The couple is talking to each other holding hands. They look so happy. I suddenly smiled as I watched them pass. “Will I have a boyfriend like that?” I thought. They couple looks like they really love each other. I suddenly looked at Wooyoung. Ne, I liked him since we were kids. I think it’s impossible for him to like me back. I’m just his friend.

I just brought out my scratch notebook and scanned all its content. I actually love to draw. At this notebook, I draw different things that catch my attention. I don’t let anyone see it because it’s actually full of secrets. I even placed a lock on it so that no one will see its contents specially Eunjung and Suzy. They’ve already seen me many times scribbling different things at this notebook but I never let them see what I’m trying to do.

*Some of the drawings on JiEun's notebook:

“Yah! One of our rules is NO SECRETS!” is always Suzy’s reason when she sees me locking my notebook. My favorite content of the notebook is the couple sitting next to each other at the bus with the guy’s head leaning on the girl’s shoulder and the girl’s head is also leaning on the guy’s head. They are holding hands with their fingers intertwined. For me, this is me and Wooyoung in our anime version in my fantasy. I turned to the next page and saw a folded sheet of paper. I opened it and saw Wooyoung’s name written in style with a heart sign. I closed my notebook and read what is written on the paper. ‘Wooyoung <3 I like you!!’ The paper fell from my hand. I was about to pick it up when someone grabbed it first. I’m dead!!!

“Yah. What is this?” Wooyoung teased holding the paper. I’m trying to retrieve the paper but he held it up high. He’s too tall and I can’t reach the paper. Why am I even too stupid to bring that out?!

“So, you like me?” he teased again. I’m so embarrassed right now!

“Ani! Eunjung just wrote that one for me!” I lied.

“EunJung? It even has your signature here.” He said as he pointed on my signature below. JiEun you babo! I just stopped reaching it and sat down on my chair. It’s useless now. He knows it already. He also sat down and returned the paper to me.

“Mianhae JiEun-ah.” He said.

“It’s okay. Now that you know already, you can laugh hard at me for falling for someone like you.” I said as I covered my face. I hope this is just a dream!

“Why would I do that?” He said standing from his seat and transferring next to me. He removed my hand which is covering my face and held it. My heartbeat became fast as my eyes met his. I suddenly looked away because I’m shy. My face became hot.

“JiEun-ah, I want to tell you something.” He said. He was about to open his mouth when the waiter interrupted. Our food has arrived.

“Enjoy your meal.” The waiter said and left. Wooyoung tightened his grip on my hand and became serious again.

“JiEun-ah, I like you too.” He said. Is he serious?! I can’t believe it! Wooyoung, don’t dare play with me right now or else… I suddenly felt his lips on my cheeks. My heartbeat became faster and it feels like my whole body became paralyzed. I froze for a moment and when I finally regained my senses, I spoke.

“Don’t dare play with me, Wooyoung.” I said. I looked at him and he looks serious.

“I’m not nagging you or anything. Take me seriously this time.” He said and I had some goosebumps. This is not his normal self. I think he’s really serious this time. He’s not fooling around.

“I understand.” I just responded. We began eating our meal. I sliced my burger steak and placed it to my spoon with rice through the help of my fork. I held it infront of Wooyoung to feed him. He just obediently opened his mouth and ate the food on the spoon. I watched him as he is chewing his food.

“Maa. It’s more delicious because of you. I think I can even die now.” He said after he chewed his food. I punched him slightly.

“Here.” He said showing me a spoonful of chicken and rice. I opened my mouth and ate the food he gave me. My heart was so touched. I’ve never been this happy before.

“What date is today?” Wooyoung asked me.

“July 06.” I replied.

“Write it down! It’s our monthsary!” Wooyoung said. Are we a couple already?! He didn’t even ask me to be his girl!

“Yah! We’re not yet a couple. This is just a confession!” I protested even though I want to be his girl at this very moment. He looked at me straight to the eyes and my heart beats abnormally again.

“Then, can you be my girl?” He stated and I opened my eyes wide because of the feeling of tension. I looked away and tried to compose words that I will reply him. If I become his girl, what will the others think? They may think that I am so easy to get. What will I do?!

“I think this is too fast Wooyoung. We just confessed and now you’re asking me to be you’re girl.” What am I thinking?! I actually want to answer YES but… but….. He suddenly made me face him and he looked into my eyes. I tried to look on other direction but I can’t. I still want to look straight into his eyes.

“Now, tell me the truth, do you want to be my girl or what?” He said still looking into my eyes. The eyes can’t tell a lie. It’s no use telling a lie now.

“I…. I… I want to be your girl.” I answered and he hugged me tightly. I can’t believe it! I really can’t believe it! Wooyoung oppa is already my boyfriend! I’ve been longing this for a long time!

“Now write it in your cute note book. ‘July 06: I am already Wooyoung’s girl.’ Write it okay.” He pointed at my notebook and I shoved him. I’m really happy for today! I hope our relationship works well.

-end of flashback

 

Lunch time..

The guys are the ones assigned to order food this time. The girls looked for a place to sit.

“How about there.” Eunjung pointed on the seat nearest to the aircon. All agreed and went to that place. Eunjung and Suzy sat next to each other. JiEun is still standing and the two looked at her curiously.

“Why won’t you sit down?” they asked.

“I’ll go to the washroom first okay?” JiEun said and left. The two looked at each other still confused.

“JiEun is really weird today.” Suzy said.

“Ne. I agree.” Eunjung said.

At the washroom, JiEun applied powder on her face and used a lip balm for her lips. She fixed her hair and smiled at her reflection at the mirror. She thought of looking good infront of Wooyoung that’s why she really prepared.

“Do I look pretty enough?” she thought while untangling her hair. She used a cute white headband with a butterfly at its side.

On the other hand, Wooyoung was also at the guys’ washroom preparing. He also applied powder to his face to reduce oiliness and fixed his hair. He even used perfume to smell really good. He went out of the washroom and saw JiEun going out of the girls’ washroom. He called for her attention and JiEun went near him.

“Are we going to tell the others?” JiEun asked him.

“Well, just let them notice it. Sit next to me, okay?” Wooyoung replied.

They arrived on the lunch table together and sat next to each other. The other guys haven’t arrived yet.

“Yah! Wooyoung! Help those two guys there, seems like they need help.” Suzy commanded him pointing at Taecyeon and Soohyun. Wooyoung stood up and rushed to the location of the two guys.

“Yah! Where have you been?!” Taecyeon scolded.

“To the washroom!” Wooyoung scolded back picking up the third tray.

“What did you do there?” Taecyeon asked.

“I slept inside the washroom! Do you even need to know?” Wooyoung joked.

“What kind of stupid answer is that?” Taecyeon smirked.

“Probably making himself handsome for JiEun to see.” Soohyun said. Wooyoung pretended that he didn’t hear anything. He walked briskly to the table to have a seat next to JiEun. They smiled at each other when they sat next to each other. Eunjung and Suzy noticed the change on JiEun and Wooyoung’s relationship. The two girls just smiled at each other to inform each other that they are thinking the same thing. The two other guys arrived with the food and everyone picked their orders and placed it infront of them. Taecyeon sat next to Eunjung and Soohyun sat next to Wooyoung. JiEun and Wooyoung are having their own world.

“Do you notice something different?” Taecyeon looked at Eunjung. Somehow he felt happiness when their eyes met. Eunjung smiled and nodded.

“Ne….  Something smells really fishy here and the smell comes from THERE.” She emphasized the word THERE as she pointed at JiEun and Wooyoung. The two became shocked and looked at Eunjung.

“Yah! Mind your own business!” JiEun said.

“Yah! The both of you tell us the truth! Are you dating?! I’ve noticed you since this morning.” Taecyeon asked then placed a spoonful of food at his mouth. He chewed his food while looking at the two.

They smiled and nodded as they looked at each other. Wooyoung intertwined his fingers with JiEun’s and showed it to their friends. The others became speechless for a while but they congratulated the new couple.

“From bestfriends to lovers.” Suzy joined her hands and smiled looking really delighted on the new couple. Taecyeon looked at her and he had Goosebumps.

“Suzy-ah stop that I’m having Goosebumps!” he teased. Suzy glared at him but he just looked away.

“Eunjung-ah, don’t go near that crazy woman.” He teased while slowly pulling Eunjung closer to him but still looking at Suzy. Because of his action, Eunjung’s heartbeat became fast and obviously blushing. Taecyeon noticed Eunjung’s red face and he suddenly let go of her. Suzy noticed Taecyeon and Eunjung’s red faces and she just stayed silent and tried to concentrate to her food.

Soohyun looked at his companions and doesn’t know where to place himself. Taecyeon, Eunjung and Suzy became awkwardly silent while JiEun and Wooyoung also have their own world, the world of love.

“oh yeah, I remember, Miss Shi wants us to sing and dance on the program next week. Can you help us decide on the song?” Wooyoung suddenly spoke. Everyone looked at him.

“Are you serious?” Suzy asked. Her eyes almost popped out. Suzy always wanted to perform at the stage where many can see her but because of her low self-confidence, she fails. This is why Suzy really became jealous because atleast Jieun and Wooyoung will already experience it.

“Wae? You don’t believe us? Ask Miss Shi if you want to.” Wooyoung stated. Suzy just kept silent.

“So, you want us to help you choose a song?” Soohyun asked. Wooyoung nodded. Soohyun showed his thinking position and the others followed. ‘What’s the best song to use?’ they asked themselves.

“How about 2pm’s Again and again?” Taecyeon said while laughing. Everyone glared at him.

“Yah! In that case, we still need to divide the lyrics and it will be very hard for Jieun to sing a guy’s song.” Wooyoung said and went back to his thinking position. SooHyun suddenly moved like he thought of a good idea.

“How about G.na and Rain’s ‘If I have a lover’.” Soohyun said. By the looks of everyone, it seems that they agreed.

“Great idea! I actually like that song but Miss Shi wants us to sing and dance. We’ll ask her later.” Wooyoung snapped his fingers.

Tang! Tang!

Everyone stood up from their seats and started to walk to their classrooms. Classes are about to start.

“Let’s continue this later.” They said.

 

 

@the faculty room:

“So are you really going to let Woo and Jieun to perform next week and not Yoona, Jessica and the others?” Mr. Kang said while Ms. Shi is arranging things at her table.

“Ne.” she said while still busy doing her work. Mr. Kang pushed his chair closer to her.

“Are you sure?” He asked.

“Ne. By the way, thanks for the flowers.” She answered while arranging the flowers at her vase. Mr Kang just smiled.

“Are you sure you’re sure?” He asked again. This time, Miss Shi stopped what she’s doing and faced Mr Kang crossing her arms seriously.

“Are you questioning my decisions?” She uttered. Mr Kang leaned at his chair.

“Actually, I was thinking, what if they fail to catch the audience’s attention? Jia, Fei, Min, Yoona, Tiffany, Jessica, Donghae, Siwon, Junsu, Chansung and Nickhun are undeniably talented and infleuncial. Why not pick them instead? Next week will be a very special event. The principal of other school will visit us.” Mr Kang said.

“Don’t worry, these kids can do it. I believe in them. Besides they need to give chance to others. They already have many supporters in this school. They’ve also participated on school activities several times. Why not show different faces and expose their talents?” She sat straight. Mr Kang just nodded which means that he understood what Ms Shi said.

Tock Tock Tock!

They heard three knocks at the door. The teachers turned their attention towards the white wooden door. The door creaked open and two heads peeked inside. One Guy and one girl greeted them.

“Annyeong haseyo.” They bowed and went inside as soon as Ms. Shi signaled them to proceed. Mr. Kang distanced his self a bit from her to give space to the two students.

“We’ve already decided on a song but we decided not to dance.” They said as they stepped closer.

“What song?” Their adviser gave them a serious look.

“G.na and Rain’s song, If I have a lover.” They stated. Their adviser just stared at them waiting for an explanation why they chose that song.

“Umm… We chose that song because we can really relate especially right now. I’m sure that we can sing and deliver this song with all our heart and will leave a great impression to the audience.” Wooyoung stated and made Ms Shi widen her eyes.

“So the both of you are already dating?” she said as she pointed the both of them. Mr.  Kang went closer to them really curious of what is happening. Before he could come closer, Woo nodded and it really shocked the teachers even Mr. Yang and the others.

“Bwo? Jinjja? But the both of you always argue!” Mr. Kang gasped. Ms Shi looked at him and smiled.

“We were always like that before, right? Their situation is just like ours honey.” Ms Shi told Mr Kang. Then she turned again her attention towards the two students standing before her.

“Okay then, perform it if you want to. Just make sure that you’ll give each of us a great performance. Let’s begin practices after class.” She said as she brought up again her serious self.

“Kamsahmnida! We promise! We won’t fail you!” JiEun said and they gave a 90 degree bow. They went out of the faculty room. When they were completely out of sight, Ms Shi looked at Mr. Kang and smiled.

 

Meanwhile at Wooyoung and JiEun’s side…

The both of them exhaled loudly together. The two felt a mixture of excitement and tension while thinking about performing on the stage infront a crowd. They looked at each other and made a fighting sign.

“We can do this!” Wooyoung said and they hi-fived.

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for reading everyone!!!! Sorry for the late progress.... But still, I promise to give you a wonderful story!! Please Comment and subscribe....

For Taeczy Fans like me: