Chapter 6: Don’t you remember me?

Bestfriends to Lovers

 

Suzy’s POV

“Is it okay to tell them?” He asked me smiling.

 

“Neh… They’re my friends anyway.” I answered. As one of our rules said, No Secrets! I actually don’t want him to tell them the real story but our rule is our rule. No Secrets! No Secrets! I just continued to eat my lunch pretending to ignore what Taecyeon will say.

“Neh. Actually I met her yesterday at the grocery store. We grabbed on the same sandwich…” He started. I don’t want to hear the next story!

“Then? How did you know it was her?” EunJung asked him.

“Well, just this morning. She introduced herself.” He answered then placed a spoonful of food to his mouth. I’m glad that he did not mention about those embarrassing mistakes! Thank you so much oppa! I looked at him and showed a thank you smile. He just smiled back.

But really! Is it just me or he just keeps on looking at EunJung?! Awhile ago, it was just Yoona and now EunJung?! Suzy-ah! Why are you imagining such things?! Simply looking at each other is not bad! It’s normal! But if he really likes any of those two, then why do I even care?! I’m just over reacting! Just focus on your food you babo!

“Why not play a memory game truth or dare style?” SooHyun suggested. All of us agreed to play it after we eat.

We finished our food rapidly and started the game. We just have to spin the bottle and the one who will be pointed by it will be the one to be asked. The question must be anything that happened or related to our memories 10 years ago. If he/she cannot answer the question correctly, he/she will do what the others will command them to do.  This one is to test if we still remember the things that happened in the past.

 

So, SooHyun spins the bottle and it pointed on himself. He breathed deeply to prepare for the question.

“SooHyun, who was the one you first met among all of us?” JiEun asked.

“Yah! That one is really easy!” Wooyoung told JiEun. This guy really tries his best to hide his feelings or this is how he really shows his true feelings for JiEun?

“Yah.. I just….” JiEun was about to finish her sentence but SooHyun interrupted her.

“Okay, Okay! I’ll answer your question now, okay?” SooHyun said. “Yes, I remember that clearly. It’s Wooyoung.” He answered and it’s correct. We spinned the bottle again and it pointed on EunJung.

“Who was the one linked to you 10 years ago?” It’s Wooyoung’s turn to ask question.

“Ne… I remember that clearly. It was Taec.” She answered as she pointed Taec. Correct again! I noticed that she smiled to herself.

“Ne… I also remember that clearly. JiEun was the one who started that.” Taecyeon reacted. He smiled at her. Okay, this feels a little awkward.

They spinned the bottle again and it pointed on Taecyeon.

“Okay. Here’s your question…. Who was the one you first met? This one is easy.” SooHyun asked. It was me! I was the one who first met him! He clearly remembers that! How could he forget that?! He stayed silent for awhile.

“It’s EunJung?” Taecyeon said and silence wrapped our whole table. My heart ached and I felt lonely. How could he forget that?! I felt like I was about to cry. How come he remembered the others? I on the other hand…. He forgot about me? Well, I need to investigate. The others looked at me. Maybe they noticed my reaction. I just faked a smile but inside me I was really hurt.

 

Taecyeon’s POV

“Okay. Here’s your question…. Who was the one you first met? This one is easy.” SooHyun asked. Who was the one I first met? I really don’t remember. Is it Wooyoung? I don’t think so. I think it’s a girl. Is it EunJung? Maybe the reason why I liked her and I was linked to her was because she was the one I first met. I’ll just go with my answer.

“It’s EunJung?” I answered unsurely. I hope it’s correct.

I noticed everyone became silent. Am I wrong? All of them looked at Suzy. Was it her? How come I did not remember?! What happened?! I also looked at Suzy but she just smiled.

“Your answer is wrong.” Wooyoung said. I knew it! So I have to take the dare, right?

“Well, I’ll give you your dare.” SooHyun volunteered. I inhaled deep breaths.

“In 2 days, you must remember the real answer or else we’ll let you dance in the middle of the mall!” He said. This guy is so stingy!

“Isn’t the punishment too much?” JiEun spoke. I agree on what she said.

“Well, how could you forget such an important person? Maybe that person is so hurt now.” Suzy finally spoke after moments of silence. She has a point. How could I? I feel guilty right now. I must be thankful to him/her that I was introduced to such friends.

“I accept your challenge.” I just said.

The game just continued. They spinned the bottle again and it pointed on JiEun. It’s now EunJung’s turn to ask.

“Who’s your first kiss?” Everyone’s mood changed. EunJung really knows how to change the mood since we were kids. As far as I remember, that’s one of the reasons why I liked her. She’s really lovely. I looked at her and showed my cutest smile. She smiled back and it’s like my heart melted. She’s really 100% of my ideal type.

Back to the game, JiEun really looked shocked.

“Yah! I told you to forget of that tragedy!” JiEun’s face became really red. I can really feel that JiEun and Wooyoung like each other. Everyone laughed and I just laughed with them.

“Then why are you blushing so hard?” I asked her.

“Yah! Stop with that topic already!” Wooyoung said also blushing hard. I don’t understand why these two still try their best to hide their feelings for each other when it’s too obvious! The bell rang for our next class and we stopped our game.

 

 

After class….

Right now I’m with my friends Wooyoung and JiEun. EunJung and SooHyun went home first because they need to finish some tasks. We’re actually waiting for Suzy to finish her job. Since she’s the president, she needs to monitor the cleaners of the day. I can notice that only a few listens to her. She really looks shy and helpless. Why did they even vote for her if they will treat her like that all the way? I just watched her from outside feeling pitiful.

“It’s always like that.” Wooyoung said as if reading my mind. I focused my attention to him.

“Ne.. No one listens to her because they think that she’s just a little turtle. They are not afraid of her because they think that she will just hide under her shell and will not revenge. She just depends on her shell to protect her and her shell is us, her friends. We’ve told her to just step down from her position but still she does not want to. She wants people to notice her and wants to leave a legacy to the school. We just support her as her best friends. If you look at her like that, you’ll really feel pity right? Sometimes she shows us that she’s strong and can’t handle things by herself but the truth is she’s weak inside.” JiEun said. I felt my body is becoming weak. I watched Suzy until she finally steps out of the classroom.

“Let’s go?” Suzy said. I looked at her and she does not look okay.

When we were about to go down the stairs, our class adviser called us.

“Wooyoung, JiEun I need to talk to you.” Our adviser said. What is this all about?

“What is it ma’am?” Wooyoung asked.

“Come with me to the faculty room.” Miss Shi said. Wooyoung and JiEun looked at each other.

“You two go ahead.” JiEun said. We waved good bye and went down the stairs together. We were silent and it actually kills me. So I decided to talk to her.

“Suzy-ah.” I said and she stopped walking. She looked at me faking a smile.

“It’s you, right?” I asked her. She gave me a confused look. “You’re the first one I met when we just moved in 10 years ago.”

“You remembered?” She asked me then we continued walking.

“Ani, I just figured it out. Mianhae. I did not remember you.” I said as I looked at her face.

“I just want to ask you something.” She said.

“What is it?” I asked her.

“When you arrived from US, did you remember anything about me?” she asked. I became silent for a while.

“I did not. It’s actually weird. I’ll try my best to remember you.” I said. I looked at her again and she looked really hurt. Her eyes became teary but she’s still smiling.

“It’s okay.” She said. In no time, we arrived at the bus stop. There was an awkward silence between us as we waited for the bus to arrive.

We walked inside the bus and we’re still silent. Is she mad of me because I can’t remember her?

“Don’t bother remembering me. We can start again as friends.” She smiled at me. I just nodded. The truth is, I’ll still try my best to remember her.

My phone rang and I answered the call without looking who it is.

“Annyeong haseyo. Nuguseyo?” I said as I answered held the phone to my left ear.

“Annyeong, It’s me Im Yoona.”

“Yoona?”

“Ne. What are you doing right now?” She asked.

“I’m at the bus.”

“Ah.. So you’re going home? Are you alone?” she asked. I looked at Suzy who is beside me.

“Ani, I’m with Suzy.”

“Suzy? Our class president?”

“Ne.”

“Are you in a relationship with her?” What kind of question is this girl even asking?

“Ani.. She’s just my friend. Yoona, just call later okay?”

“Okay. Bye then.”

“Bye.”

I ended the call. Suzy looked at me.

“Wae?" I asked her.

“Do you like I'm Yoona?” Suzy asked me. She seems really serious on her question.

“Ne. She’s actually pretty.” I told her. What I said is actually true.

“Ah.. Okay.” Was all she said.

“Wae? Are you jealous?” I joked her. She looked at me with her red face and started punching me lightly.

“What are you talking about you jerk?” she continued punching me.

“Yah! It’s not bad to joke!” I said laughing. I held her hands for her to stop.

“If you don’t stop, I’ll kiss you.” I said as I leaned closer to her face. Maybe 5 inches far from each other’s face and my eyes met hers. We stayed at that position for few seconds. I felt kinda embarrassed doing that. We had some chats at the bus while waiting to arrive at our destination.

We finally arrived. We stepped outside the bus and walked together.

“I wonder what Wooyoung and JiEun are doing now.” She wondered.

“Probably arguing.” I said with a smirk. She just giggled.

“By the way, I live at the house next yours.” She said.

“Jinjja?” I asked shocked.

“Ne..” she said and became silent as we walked together.

We arrived at our houses and we bid our good bye.

 

Thanks for reading!! Please comment and subscribe!