Chapter 4: He’s back! (part 1)

Bestfriends to Lovers

 

Chapter 4: He’s back! (part 1)

Suzy’s POV:

‘It’s good that the meeting has ended already! It’s already dark!’ I thought to myself as I went out the meeting room. I was with class presidents of different year levels and classes. Wooyoung was outside the room waiting for me. He looks really bored.

“Yah! What took you so long? I almost died of boredom!” He complained again. Actually, I was also bored inside. The teachers were talking and talking repeating their words again and again and I got sick of it!

“There are many girls here outside waiting with you! Why not find a new girlfriend, you playboy!” I told him. At times like this he would always be flirting with girls. It’s really weird. Maybe he already learned his lesson or because he’s completely into JiEun.

“Yah! I already quit that job!” he answered.

“Really? Since when? Since you realized that you love JiEun?” I joked.

“Yah!” he yelled at me. I just laughed. It’s actually obvious that he likes JiEun. He’s even blushing hard right now.

“Come on let’s go home.” I pulled him out of the school. I let go of his hands and suddenly heard his stomach grumble. I laughed and he scratched his head as he smiled.

“Let’s eat first before we go home. I got hungry waiting for a long time. My treat!” He told me.

@ the airport:

Taecyeon’s POV:

He looks like this:

 

I opened my eyes as the pilot informed that we’re already arriving at Seoul. When the plane came to a complete stop, the passengers stood up from their seats and went down the plane. I carried my bag and went down too. I did not bring too much clothes since mom gave me money to buy new ones. I just brought few clothes, my towel, my tooth brush and my gadgets.

Atlast I’m here! It’s already night time. Maybe 7 pm I just need to ride a taxi to the address given to me by mom. Hope I won’t be lost!

 

@The grocery (with Woo and Suzy)

Suzy’s POV:

“What do you want? Beef, Pork or Chicken?” He asked me as we arrived on the section where cup noodles are displayed.

“Anything would do.” I said. He picked beef for me and chicken for himself. We went to the drinks section and picked what we want to drink. After that, we went to the counter to pay and place hot water to our noodles.

“Where will we eat these?” he asked as we went out the grocery. He is holding the two noodles and I’m holding the drinks. I pointed at the park with the drinks still in my hands.

We sat down at the bench near the fountain. The park is really wonderful at night because of the colorful lights. We waited until the noodles are cooked and we started to eat.

“Suzy, I want to tell you something. Well, because we’re friends.” I looked at him waiting for him to continue.

“I like JiEun.” I was really happy that he told me the truth. I already knew it before and I’m just waiting for him to tell us the truth.

“I know.” I told him smiling and he seems really shocked.

“Bwo?! Since when? Was it really that obvious?” He asked.

“Since we were kids. Don’t worry, JiEun is blind. She did not notice it yet but me, EunJung and SooHyun notice it.” I told him the truth. I don’t want to tell him that it seems like JiEun also like him back. I want to challenge him.

“Jinjja?” he asked.

“ne.” I answered. He became silent for a while.

“I became a play boy because I want to forget about my feelings for her.” He added.

“Because you want to fall in love with another woman, right? ‘What if she does not like me?’ ‘What will happen if she knows that I like her?’ ‘What if she will avoid me?’ In short, you don’t want your friendship to be destroyed.” I told him as he is eating his noodles and he kept silent again.

“Ne. You got it all right. What will I do now?” he asked. He seems really down now. I handed him his ice cold orange juice. He took a sip and sighed.

“Just do your best to make her fall for you.” I advised. We both finished our noodles fast and placed it at our side. I took a sip at my pineapple juice. He really looks worried and I felt pity. I’m not on the same situation as him so I cannot give enough advice so I just gave him a hug to cheer him up. We finished our drinks then threw our trashes on the trash can near us. We headed home together.

I arrived at home and my eomma was seated at the sofa near the front door.

“Where have you been?” she asked me worried.

“I was at school until 7 because of a meeting and Wooyoung treated me dinner.” I told eomma.

“WooYoung? A guy?” She asked me. I think my eomma is suspecting something.

“Eomma! He’s just my friend! You even know him right? He’s my childhood friend that’s why we’re really close! And besides I promised that I won’t have a boyfriend until I’m not yet 18! That’s my rule!” I told her and she seemed contented.

“So you ate already?” Mom asked

“Ne..”

“Can you please go to the grocery and buy me these?” she said as she gave me a paper where she wrote all the things I need to buy. I went upstairs to change my clothes then I obediently went out and walked to the grocery.

 

With Taecyeon….

Taecyeon’s POV:

So this is the place? The taxi driver stopped near a grocery. “Seems like we’re already here at the neighborhood mom wrote at the paper she gave me. I can clearly see the name of this town and street and it’s exactly the same as the one written here” I said to myself. All I’m going to do now is to look for the house. My tummy grumbled. I think I need to buy a snack first. Luckily there’s a grocery near here.

I stepped inside the grocery and looked for something to eat. There sure are many choices. The five bacon sandwiches placed near the fridge caught my attention. I was about to grab a sandwich when a girl picked up the sandwich also causing me to hold her hand. She looked at me as she removed her hands from mine holding the bacon sandwich. She smiled at me with her blushing face. I realized how cute the girl was and suddenly my heart beats faster and my face became hot. I smiled as I watched her leave. I picked up the remaining four sandwiches and went to pay them at the counter.

Suzy’s POV:

I already got all that my eomma ordered me to buy. I became a little hungry again and the bacon sandwich near the fridge caught my attention. I grabbed a sandwich and suddenly someone got a hold of my hand. I suddenly removed my hand from his. Maybe we wanted to grab the same sandwich and did it at the same time. I felt a little embarrassed. I just smiled at him. He really looks cute. My heart thumps fast and my face is hot when he looked at me. I just walked away from that place. Oh yeah, I just got one sandwich, I’ll buy eomma one too. I turned back and there are no more sandwiches left. Did he pick up all the sandwiches? Because I have no choice, I just picked up a ham sandwich for eomma.

That guy awhile ago, is he going to eat all those? The size of the sandwich is extra large, so maybe not. Only a beast can eat 4 extra large bacon sandwiches at the same time.

I went to the counter to pay for all these. The guy infront of me was the guy awhile ago. His perfume is really strong and he smells really good. I really fell in love with his scent. Although it sounds really creepy. I watched him leave the grocery. Does he live in our neighborhood? It’s my first time seeing him here. I turned my attention to the cashier. I paid then went out. The guy is still there holding a piece of paper and eating one of the sandwiches.

Suddenly the sky roared and I think it’s gonna rain soon so I need to go home now. Atleast I brought my umbrella incase it will rain on my way home since it is still a few blocks away.

The whole neighborhood is dark now. I must hurry because something bad might happen. Suddenly I can feel someone’s presence behind me. I walked even faster but the person still seems to follow me. The sky roared again and the footsteps are getting closer.  The person is just centimeters away from me! I’m really nervous right now! I inhaled then I recognized the person’s perfume. It’s the cute guy awhile ago! Then he tapped my shoulders. I instantly opened my umbrella and shield myself.

“What do you need?” I said with a trembling voice. He stepped back.

“I just want to ask you something, Miss.” He said in full English then held down the umbrella. He’s strong! What is he planning?! As the umbrella was removed from my hands, I had a glimpse of his face then ran away leaving my umbrella behind. So he was that guy at the grocery store awhile ago. I don’t know what he’s planning that’s why I ran away immediately. Suddenly the rain poured instantly. I’m already wet! Talk about bad luck!

Thank goodness I’m already near our house!