Aeyeong's Return pt. 2

Bestfriends to Lovers

 

Chapter 12:

*the beginning part with Eunjung and Soohyun actually happened when they went home together while JiEun and Wooyoung are practicing for the showcase.

Eunjung’s POV:

I entered our classroom and I saw JiEun standing near the window. Is it because of the performance later? No need to worry JiEun-ah… SuJiEunJung together with your other friends are here to support you. I went near her to comfort her.

“JiEun-ah~” I said in a playful tone. She faced her body towards my direction but her head is still facing downwards.

“JiEun-ah? What’s the matter?” I asked her. She just continues to look down. What’s the matter with her? Is she sick? This makes me worry. I placed my palm at her forehead to check if she’s fine.

“Don’t worry; we’re here to support you.” I said again. I waited but she kept silent. She did not say a word. She just continued to look down.

“JiEun-ah! I’m starting to worry!” I said again and but she didn’t respond. I’m really nervous right now.

“JiEun-ah!” I said again. She just kept still and did not even react to what I do. I started to shake her while continuously saying her name. Atlast! She slowly raised her head.

I stepped back because of what I saw. Ani… This is not JiEun. Her face is really different. Ae-Aeyeong? I stepped backward again. My whole body is shaking and my legs are becoming weak. She stepped closer to me while clenching her fist.

“W-what’s the matter Aeyeong?” I asked as calm as I can. I was really shocked when she suddenly smiled like a demon.

“Obsuh…” she just said and let out an evil laugh.

“Yah!” I yelled. I looked at my surroundings and it was completely different. I observed that many people are already looking at me.

“Yah. What did you dream of?” SooHyun asked me. Thank goodness it was just a dream.

“Weird” I said.

“Bwo?”                                                                                   

“I dreamt of Aeyeong.”

“What about Aeyeong?”

“Seems like she’s planning something bad.” Soohyun stared at me. It seems like he doesn’t believe me. “Never mind, it was just a dream.” I continued.

We kept silent and I looked outside the window. This happened for about 1 minute until Soohyun broke the silence.

“So…” He said. I focused my attention to him. “You’re going to help me with Suzy?” He asked.

“Neh…” I answered. I think Suzy and him will make a good couple and that is why I promised him that I’ll help.

 

Flashback (@the café awhile ago before they go home)

“Yah!” Soohyun tried to get Eunjung’s attention. She was busy scribbling random stuff at her favorite notebook.

“Yah! Don’t you know how to listen??!” He scolded Eunjung who was still busy scribbling. It seems like she’s thinking deeply.

“Mianhae… Taec’s words seem to bother me.” She said while pouting.

“Hajima… You don’t look cute doing that.” Soohyun said and Eunjung  stopped.

“But… you know that I like him right?” She said in a soft tone.

“Neh… Don’t worry, he just wants to protect Suzy.” He said. Although he didn’t like what Taec was planning, he needs to understand that it’s for the sake of Suzy.

“I know.” She answered.

“By the way, you know that I like Suzy, right?” Soohyun asked. Eunjung nodded.

“So… Can you help me??? I want to confess.” He said. Eunjung sat beside Soohyun.

“How can I help?” She asked. She always hoped that Soohyun and Suzy will end up together.

“I don’t know either.” Soohyun said and made his thinking position. Eunjung imitated him. ‘How can I help him?’ she thought.

“Molla! You’ll just feel it if I need some help.” He finally gave up thinking of some specific ways.

“Araso!” She said although she’s not sure how it works.

“Yaksokhae(promise)?” Soohyun made sure. He showed his pinky to Eunjung for a pinky swear.

“Ne… Yaksokhae!” She said and responded to his pinky.

“Gomawo Eunjung-ah! You’re a real chingu!” He said and hugged Eunjung. Both of them felt their heart flutter just because they love each other as FRIENDS.

-end of flashback

Eunjung’s POV:

We got off the bus and walked to our houses. I wonder how JiEun and Wooyoung are up to now. I brought out my phone to call her. I searched for her name on my contacts and pressed “call”.

 

 

 

PERFORMANCE DAY!

 

JiEun’s POV:

“1 hour and 30 minutes more to go before the performance.” I told myself while looking at the clock hung above the big mirror infront me. I looked at myself infront of that mirror and started to judge my own appearance.

“Is this dress alright?” I asked myself.

“Is it fine JiEun-ah? Do you look cute enough?” I know I look kinda stupid because I’m talking to myself but atleast I’m the only person in this dressing room right now.

“Ofcourse that dress is alright. It looks cute on you.” A familiar voice interrupted. I looked near the door where the voice came from. I saw Wooyoung leaning at the wall beside the door with his arms crossed. I smiled at him shyly.

“Are you ready for our performance later?” Wooyoung asked me. He walked closer to my location.

“Neh… I’m just… nervous.” I said weakly. He patted my head and smiled. He doesn’t even look nervous.

“Yah… Aren’t you even nervous?” I asked.

“Na?? Aniyo… I know we’ll be great because I believe in you.” He said.

“Gomawo…” I smiled. I spread my arms widely while smiling, waiting for him to spread his arms around me. He came closer to me and hugged me tightly. I feel more comfortable now.

 

Meanwhile…

Taecyeon, Suzy, Soohyun and Eunjung were at the cafeteria waiting for the bell to ring as a signal for the students to proceed to the auditorium where the program is to be held.

“How much time is left before the program?”  Eunjung asked while pouting.

“There’s still 1 hour and 30 minutes left.” Taec answered while looking at his wrist watch.

“jinjjayo?? Aigoo… I’m too excited to watch them!” Eunjung pouted again. All of them became silent. Suzy was busy reading an English pocket book brought by Taec for her to read. She was too concentrated on this book even if she doesn’t understand what it says. Just because Taec suggested it she forced herself to understand it. Taec was wearing his earphones listening to the English and K-pop songs inside his phone. Sometimes he would also nod his head to the beat. Eunjung was busy writing a 2pm fanfiction at her scratch notebook. Soohyun was composing a song with his own feelings right now as a basis. Sometimes he would even take a glance on Suzy who was busy with the book.

Kriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing~

The irritating sound of the bell echoed inside the campus. All the students stood up and proceeded to the auditorium. The 4 was the first ones to stand up and proceed to the place. Therefore they were the first ones to proceed in the front row of the seats.

Suzy lead the way. Soohyun followed her. She sat down. Soohyun stopped to let Eunjung sit beside Suzy but Eunjung slapped his back and signaled him sit next to Suzy. He obeyed shyly. Eunjung sat beside Soohyun and Taecyeon sat beside her which made her smile.

“Will they be the first to perform?” Suzy asked Soohyun.

“Molla…” He answered.

“I think they will be the fourth.” Eunjung answered for him.

“Gomawo…” Suzy thanked her.

 

Infront of their seats were 5 more seats situated near a long table. This table has papers and bottles of water placed on it. These seats will be occupied by the special guests with their principal and director.

Jia, Min and Fei started the program with an energizing cover of Miss A’s Breathe (Just pretend they’re not members of the group).  The second performance was from Kim Taeyeon. She sang a song specially composed by her.

“Taeyeon really did a great job. I hope I have a voice like that too.” Suzy told Soohyun.

“Yah… What are you talking about? You have a wonderful voice.” He praised.

“Jinjja??? Gomawo!” Suzy said happily. She leaned her head to Soohyun’s shoulder. His heart suddenly thumped faster.

The crowd suddenly screamed. They focused their attention to the stage.

“Ladies and gentlemen our next performers are the winners of last year’s Mr. and Ms. Kirin. Students loved them so much because of their charming personality. Although they’re officially dating, they do not show their affection for each other in public. May they become the models of a perfect couple. Everyone please welcome Nichkhun and Victoria a.k.a KhunToria!” The MC announced.

Their music suddenly played and the crowd screamed more including Eunjung and Suzy since they are really close to the two.

They began performing. Everyone watched the breathtaking showcase of Victoria’s flexibility and Nichkhun’s strength combined in a dance.

Their performance ended and they went down the stage. It’s time for WooU’s performance.

“Finally! It’s their turn to shine.” Eunjung said. Wooyoung and JiEun went to their positions. You can notice them breathing deeply.

Wooyoung suddenly made a shocked expression.

“Aeyeong?” he whispered to himself. JiEun looked at him worriedly. Her eyes began to search for Aeyeong in the crowd.

The music suddenly played and the two must focus their attention in giving a great performance.

“here it goes…” JiEun thought. As she rolled her eyes through the crowd, she met eyes with Aeyeong. Her eyes were full of anger. Seeing this made JiEun nervous.

Wooyoung looked at her and signaled her to keep calm. She just flashed a cute smile and began to say her line.

“Everything feels alright, only with you, my boo…” and the song started.

Everything went well. They gave their  best. Everyone was satisfied.  They went down relieved that it’s finished. Wooyoung gave JiEun a warm hug.

“Gomawo Wooyoung-ah...”