Chapter 3: Feelings

Bestfriends to Lovers

 

 

Chapter 3: Feelings

Flashback:

SooHyun was playing alone in the park when Suzy arrived with some toys.

“Wanna play with me?” Suzy asked while sitting beside him and placing the toys infront of them. SooHyun just nodded and watched her pick up some toys.

“What do you want to play?” she asked the silent little boy. He just shrugged his shoulders without any word.

“SooHyun-ah! Have you become mute?” Suzy said because SooHyun is very silent.

“Jungmal aniyo! I’m just thinking about something.” Finally he spoke.

“What? Problem?” Suzy asked. SooHyun became silent and suddenly cried.

“Yah! Why are you crying?! Stop!” SooHyun cannot control his tears anymore. Suzy just hugged SooHyun.

“I destroyed my mother’s expensive vase and got scolded!”He said then covered his teary eyes with his palm and hid his face between his knees. All he saw that time was black and all he can here was his loud crying. He suddenly felt a peck on his cheeks and he stopped crying. –end of flashback

 

SooHyun’s POV:

“Ah~ morning again” I thought to myself. Few days ago school just started and yeah she’s my classmate again. As expected all of us stay at the same section, the star section where all of the students which excel in different subjects are placed. I really like Suzy ever since we were kids. She is really nice and that is the reason why I like her but that time, she really likes Taecyeon, my other best friend. That was before but now Taec is abroad and maybe I have a chance winning her heart.

It’s the second week of classes and I think she’s having troubles being the class president. This is what she feared of the most.  Don’t worry Suzy, I’ll protect you.

Few minutes later…

As I was walking to the bus stop, someone called out my name.

“SooHyun!” she said. I looked back to see who it is. I saw EunJung waving at me.

“Good morning!” I greeted her with a wide smile. She came near me and greeted me back.

“Why are you not with Suzy and JiEun?” I opened up a topic. Even if I’ve known EunJung for years, I still feel a little awkward. I feel uneasy when I’m with her. It’s really weird because she’s not bad at all. Actually, she is as nice as Suzy.

“I let them go to school first. I woke up late.” EunJung told me with a smile. This girl really loves to smile. It’s like she’s never lonely.

“Wae? You slept late?” I asked her because I noticed that she is still sleepy. She had eyebags but still looked good with it. My friends are really pretty. J

“Ne.. I finished our math assignment. It was really hard.” She said as she yawned.

“You should have contacted me. You know I’m good at that subject.” I told her while I laughed a little. She giggled and pinched my cheeks.

“You’re really cute SooHyun-ah.” She said and my heart beat suddenly became faster. I can feel that my face is getting hotter.

“Yah… You’re cute too… All of my friends are cute.” I smiled at her.

“Ofcourse we are! Haha.” I watched her as she laughed. In no time we arrived at the bus stop. The bus arrived as soon as we got there. We entered the bus then we sat next to each other. She yawned again. She is really sleepy. I want to tell her to place her head on my shoulder and continue her sleep but I’m a little shy. If Suzy was the one next to me, I might have said that as soon we arrived here. Well I don’t want my friend to fall asleep at class. The teacher might scold her. So I have decided to tell her.

“EunJung….” I looked at her and she was bowing down her head already asleep. I pulled her closer to me and placed her head on my shoulders. Her neck might hurt on that position. I also wrapped my arm on her shoulders for support. I can see that other people in the bus are looking at us whispering things to each other. “Look at that couple right there.” “They’re so sweet!” “I want a boyfriend like that.” was what I heard from them. So do we really look like a couple right now? My heartbeat became fast again. This was the first time I am left alone with EunJung. In the past I was always with the others when going near her. So maybe my heart beats fast like this because I’m nervous. Ofcourse it’s only Suzy that I like.

After 20 minutes, we finally arrived at our school.

“Kirin High School!” the driver shouted for those who will go down. EunJung opened her eyes slowly.

EunJung’s POV:

“Kirin High School!” the driver shouted.

I opened my eyes slowly and found myself leaning on SooHyun! My face became hot suddenly. I stood up immediately and got down the bus. I feel embarrassed! SooHyun was really nice enough to let me sleep on his shoulders. Well, friends are friends. Maybe if he did not do that he’ll feel sorry for letting a friend suffer from neck pain. We finally got down from the bus and there are already many students at the school. At least we’re not yet late. I looked at SooHyun again and I can see his face is red. I always notice that he’s a little uncomfortable when he’s with me although we’ve known each other for years. Still, I try my best to make him feel that I’m his friend and he can approach me anytime.

“SooHyun-ah…… Sorry….” I told him and I felt embarrassed again.

“Sorry for what?” he asked me. Well, I think because of this morning, my relationship with him changed a little. Leveled up I think. I feel like I’m more comfortable now. This is the first time we’ve been together, just the two of us.

“A while ago I slept on your shoulders.” I replied then I looked at my shoes while we’re walking to our classroom.

“Ne…. You’re so noisy.” He said laughing. I was really shocked! Am I really noisy?

“Jinjja?!” I asked nervously.

“Ani…. I was just joking you.” he suddenly said which made me feel eased. It’s really embarrassing if I make noises when I sleep specially at a bus. Now he can even joke me. I feel really thankful for this morning.

“Yah! You really made me worry!” I complained as I ruffled his hair and ran away.

“EunJung!” He shouted and chased me. We chased each other until we reached our classroom.


SooHyun’s POV:

This day I think EunJung really got my attention. As we reached our classroom and I finally caught her and I ruffled her hair. We just laughed at each other.

“Why became so sweet suddenly?” Suzy interrupted crossing her arms. Both of us stopped laughing and looked at her. EunJung was combing her messy hair with her fingers.

“Sweet? We’re just playing like little kids.” I replied to her.

“Neh! He’s right. Don’t put too much malice, Suzy” EunJung smiled at her.

“It just feels different. It’s the first time seeing you two this close.” Suzy said. I looked at EunJung again and she smiled at me. I think I really got attracted to her beautiful smile. I feel really feel comfortable with her now. It’s really weird and fast.

 

Meanwhile at Taecyeon’s side:

“Mom, Dad! Faster! We need to go to the airport now or I’ll be late for my flight!” Taecyeon said to his parents who are still preparing the car. “Are all my things inside the car?” He asked.

“Ne.. I checked it already.” His mom answered.

“Okay let’s go!” His Dad said and he went inside the car.

Taecyeon’s POV:

I’m quite nervous here. Can they still remember me? I hope so. It’s the first time I'm going to live by my own and I’m still 17! Can I even handle this? Argh! I don’t know! Mom seems to notice that I’m uncomfortable and decided to talk to me.

“I contacted our relatives at Seoul to prepare the house for you. I even made them buy some food stocks, soaps and other appliances.” Mom told me and I just nodded.

“Are you nervous?” She finally asked me. Yes mom I’m really nervous right now! I thought to myself. “Don’t worry. We’ll contact you daily.” She continued. Because of these words the tension decreased a little.

“Gomawo, eomma.” I told her in full Korean. My mom smiled as she heard me say that. It’s been a long time since I spoke in full Korean. My parents really trust me. They really think that I won’t cause any trouble allowing me to live by my own there.

After maybe 35 minutes of trip, we arrived to the airport and I was just in time of my flight. We bid our good byes and I walked alone inside the plane.

 

@Kirin High School

“It’s lunch time!” JiEun said excitedly and walked with her friends to the cafeteria.

“Someone here really loves to eat but does not even gain weight while others almost die because of dieting.” WooYoung looked at JiEun. Suzy noticed WooYoung’s eyes looking at JiEun and she thought of a nice plan. Woo noticed Suzy with an evil grin and he had goose bumps. He knew that she was planning something like black mailing him.

As they reached the cafeteria, Suzy pulled Wooyoung to the counter and the others followed.

“Woo! Buy me this one!” Suzy pointed at the food she likes to eat then suddenly hugged Wooyoung tightly like a little girl making her dad buy her some toys. She noticed that JiEun was surprised by Suzy’s action. JiEun just concentrated on choosing a food pretending that she did not see anything.

“I don’t want to! That’s expensive!” Wooyoung complained.

“JiEun-ah! There was something I heard a few days ago. At the stairs….” Suzy looked at JiEun. Before she could finish her words WooYoung suddenly covered .

“Yah! Stop chatting. There are many other students who are waiting for their turn to order. Just pick what you want okay?” WooYoung said and made Suzy clap her hands.

All of them are done ordering and carried their trays and sat at the most comfortable place inside the cafeteria. Eunjung, SooHyun and Suzy sat next to each other. Since they have no choice, JiEun and Woo sat next to each other with a large space in the middle. The three really planned to make them sit next to each other.

“You two look like a couple having a lovers’ quarrel!” EunJung joked and made SooHyun and Suji laugh.

“Yah!” they said together. Both of their faces are red.

“Well, EunJung and Suzy are like fighting over SooHyun!” Woo revenged. JiEun agreed. The three just looked at each other agreeing that the two really looks cute together.

“Oh yeah! I’ll be going home late again. Maybe around 7pm.” Suzy informed them.

“Again?! That’s past my curfew time!” JiEun said.

“I need to buy some groceries for my cousin’s birthday tomorrow!” SooHyun said.

“I need to cook dinner.” EunJung’s busy too.

“I’m going to cook dinner too!” WooYoung said and his friends glared at him. “What?!” he said as they looked at him.

“Stop lying! Who says that you know how to cook?” JiEun said.

“Okay! Okay! I’ll wait for you!” Woo gave up.

“Yay! Thanks Woo!” Suzy clapped.

They had a short chit chat as they ate their lunch at the lunch table until the bell rang which signals that classes are about to start.

 

 

Hi again everyone!! How’s the 3rd chapter?? Please do leave a comment. I promise that I will finish this story for you as long as you comment. JSubscribe and add me as friend! JSaranghae! Kamsahmnida!