Chapter 5: He’s back! (part 2)

Bestfriends to Lovers

 

Taecyeon’s POV:

Seems like the girl I met awhile ago lives in this neighborhood. I have to ask her where this house is that’s why I followed her. She seems to notice me. She walked fast and I chased after her. She seems threatened. I finally got near her and tapped her shoulders. She suddenly opened her umbrella. I took a step back.

“What do you need?!” she said with trembling voice. Somehow I feel like I want to laugh because she’s thinking that I’ll do something to her.

“I just want to ask something, Miss.” I said in full English. I held down her umbrella to have a glimpse of her face. I think I used too much force that made her drop the umbrella. She took a glimpse of my face and I was about to smile at her but she suddenly ran away. This girl is really funny. I laughed a little as I watched her run away. Suddenly the sky roared and rain started to pour. I looked at the pink umbrella infront of me and decided to use it.

“I’ll use your umbrella for awhile, Miss.” I said as I picked it up. I felt pity because the girl must be really wet right now. Again, I smiled to myself. I hope I meet her again.

Suddenly a woman went out of the house near me. Atlast! Maybe she can help me. I’ll just ask her. I went near the woman and asked her for directions as I showed the paper given to me by mom. She told me where to go left and where to go right then asked me if I am from the Ok Family. I answered her and told me that I really look like my parents. So she knew me even before? I said my thanks and followed her instructions.

I stood infront of a cream-colored house. So this must be our house. I brought out the key from my pocket and opened the gate. I imagined my kid-self playing at this garden. I opened the front door with the other key. The house is really clean thanks to our relatives.

I headed to the kitchen and scanned what’s inside the fridge. There’s milk, yogurt, juice, eggs and other frozen foods. I sat at the dining table and brought out the sandwiches I bought awhile ago. I ate the three left and headed to my room upstairs to have a rest. I still need to go to school tomorrow.

I lay down at my bed then closed my eyes. The face of the girl awhile ago came into my mind and I smiled. My heart beats faster again! Few minutes later, I went to dreamland.

 

Suzy’s POV:

I lay on my bed and I suddenly remembered that guy awhile ago. What if he has no bad intention? What if I just over reacted? This is so embarrassing!  Well, I’m not yet sure if he’s bad or not. I think he’s only my age. He’s too young to do too troublesome things! But…. If I meet him again and I realize that he’s not too bad after all, I’ll ask for forgiveness. Really!

I imagined his face again. I had a glimpse of his face a while ago before I ran away. He does not look like he’s planning something bad after all. Maybe I just over reacted. But I can’t trust him yet. Like they say, don’t judge a book by its cover. I just met him! Does he even live here? It’s my first time seeing him. I smiled to myself as I remembered what happened at the grocery. Is it just me or does he really looks like Ok Taecyeon? Nevermind! I have classes tomorrow so I need to sleep now.

 

The next morning…

Suzy’s POV:

I woke up and did my usual routine. Fix the bed, eat, take a bath, brush my teeth, change into my school uniform, fix my hair and walk to the bus stop.

As I was walking by myself, I was following a guy in Kirin Uniform. Who is he? I walked closer and saw him looking at the kid running outside the house crying and do not want to go to school. The little boy’s mom is chasing him until the kid bumped into the guy causing the kid to almost fall backwards. Good thing the guy supported the kid so he won’t fall. The guy bent down to level down with the kid since, he’s too tall. I can see him wipe the kid’s tears and smiled at him.  I even went closer and I recognized the guy. He was the one I met yesterday. The one I thought of as a bad guy. He does not look so bad after all.

“Why don’t you want to go to school? School is fun! You get to bond with other people while learning. You don’t want to be a beggar right? You want to wear good clothes when you grow older?” the guy said and the kid nodded. “Then study. Also, when you have good grades at school, mom will buy you new toys. If you study, I’ll buy you a toy.” He added and the kid stopped crying. The mother thanked the guy and the kid hugged him.

“Be a good boy okay?” He pinched the kid’s cheek as he waved good bye. He noticed me standing near him and smiled at me. My heartbeat became faster as I saw him smile.

“So we meet again, Miss.” He told me in English. Did he come from U.S.? He’s really fluent. I walked closer to him.

“Sorry for yesterday. You’re not a bad person after all.” I said blushing. He just nodded and continued walking.

“Are you new here?” I asked him as we walked together.

“Not actually. We used to live here 10 years ago.” He said and I paused as I heard the last sentence. My friend, Taecyeon suddenly came into my mind.

“From what country are you?” I asked as I continued walking.

“Bedford, Massachusetts.” He answered. I was really shocked and happy at the same time. I remembered that I thought that he looks like Taecyeon last night. Is he really Ok Taecyeon?

“Is your name Ok Taecyeon?” I asked but forcing myself to look serious since I’m very happy inside.

“How did you know?” he asked and I can’t hide my emotions anymore. I hugged him and tears went out of my eyes. He seems shocked on my sudden reaction. Sorry I just can’t control it anymore. I missed him so much. We were really good friends before and It’s the first time after 10 years.

“I missed you so much Taecyeon! It’s me, Bae Suji.” I told him and he looked at me with a red face. I smiled at him and we looked at each other for a while.

“Suji?” someone shouted from afar. I looked who called out my name and saw JiEun walking near us smiling. I released Taecyeon from my tight hug and looked at JiEun

.

*jieun's reaction

“Yah! According to your rule, No SECRETS! You didn’t tell us that you already have a boyfriend! He’s handsome.” She told me and I was a little embarrassed. I wiped the tears in my eyes.

“JiEun-ah! He’s Ok Taecyeon, our childhood friend!” I said and her jaw drop as I said that it was Taecyeon. He waved at her

“Bwo?!” she covered .

 

Taecyeon’s POV:

Bae Suji? So maybe she was the girl who I can’t remember. I really feel sorry. I can’t understand why I even forgot about her. The moment she hugged me made my heartbeat faster and I felt really good. Her tears are also falling from her eyes. I looked at her for a while and she smiled and looked at me too. I felt like I don’t want to look away anymore but suddenly, someone shouted her name. She released me from the hug and I felt a little lonely. “Is this JiEun already?” I thought to myself as she went closer to us.

“Yah! According to your rule, No SECRETS! You didn’t tell us that you already have a boyfriend! He’s handsome.” She said and I smirked.

“JiEun-ah! He’s Ok Taecyeon, our childhood friend!” she said and JiEun’s jaw dropped. An old friend appearing instantly is really shocking. I was also shocked and glad at the same time that they still remember me.

“Bwo?!” she said then covered .

“Annyeong!” I said and bowed at her. She bowed back.

“Let’s just talk later, okay? We need to go to school now, okay? Being late is against the SuJiEunJung rule!” Suzy said. SuJiEunJung? It feels a little funny.

“Yah! Can’t we break rules once in a while?” JiEun pouted.

“I’m afraid so, NO!” Suzy said and we walked to the bus stop. We had a little chat as we wait for the bus.

Finally the bus arrived. We stepped inside it and only two seats are available. I let the two sit and I just stood up.

“Kamsahmnida. They both said.”

The whole trip, we kept silent.

“Kirin High!” the driver shouted and we went down the bus.

“Can you please accompany me to the principal’s office?” I told them. Suzy nodded. My mom said that I need to present myself to the principal to tell me what class I’m in.

“Mianhae, I can’t cause I need to go to the classroom now. I have an unfinished task.” JiEun said and left the two of us together.

There was an awkward silence as we walked to the principal’s office. I just followed her because she’s the one who knows the direction. Girls are looking at me and I just smiled at them and I think Suzy is a little uncomfortable.

“Here we are. So, can I leave you here already? I still need to do my duties as class president. See you later.” She said and waved good bye.

“See you later!” I smiled at her. As soon as she’s far away from me, I entered the office.

Meanwhile, inside the classroom….

The classroom was really messy and both boys and girls are so noisy. Suzy’s head heated up because of what she saw.

“Why is the classroom so messy?!” she shouted but no one listened to her. Only her friends kept quiet. She just closed her fists and headed straight to her friends.

The four noticed that no one listened to her again. She kept silent and faked a smile when she reached the location of her friends. Her friends know that she is too shy to lead.

“The class is so noisy! Why don’t you all keep quiet and clean your own places!” Wooyoung shouted and everyone obeyed.

“Thanks Woo.” Suzy told him. Suzy wished that she was like Woo. She felt like she has no use as a class president. She just looked down.

“Yah! Don’t show a face like that here!” Woo told her. “We’re here to support you, okay?” he added as he showed his palm to Suzy waiting for her to hi-five him. Suzy hi-fived him and smiled. EunJung hugged her.

“JiEun said Taecyeon is back.” Soohyun said and all of her friends went closer. Suzy was about to tell the story but Ms. Shi suddenly arrived and the students greeted her. She’s with a tall and handsome guy. Her girl classmates are whispering things to each other.

“Starting today, this guy right here will be your classmate.” She said as she pointed her stick on him.

“Hi everyone, my name is Ok Taecyeon. I’m from Bedford, Massachusetts.” He introduced himself in English and the students are whispering things to each other again specially the girls. Wooyoung, Soohyun, EunJung, JiEun and Suzy looked at each other and smiled.

 

Suzy’s POV:

“Mr. Ok, please have a seat at the vacant chair.” Ms. Shi said as she pointed at the seat next to Im Yoona, the most popular girl at school. My heart ached a little as he sat beside her. I watched them smile at each other and I felt kinda helpless. JiEun was the one infront me and she turned her body to me and smiled. I felt like she was teasing me specially when she pointed at their direction and started giggling. I just glared at her and placed my finger on my lips signaling her to keep quiet or the teacher might notice us.

The class started but I can’t concentrate because I was looking at Taec and Yoona all the time, observing every move they make. Why am I even observing them? It’s not like I’m jealous! To be honest, I really liked Taecyeon before. Usually, if I liked a person once I won’t like him again in the future. Maybe it’s just because I have not seen him for a long time and I want to be with him every time. Concentrate Suzy! Concentrate! I tried to focus on what the teacher is discussing but I still cannot.

“Miss Bae Suji please answer the question awhile ago.” Miss Shi looked at me and crossed her hands. Everyone looked at me. Even Taecyeon! I feel really embarrassed! What should I do now?!

The next thing I remembered is I was standing outside the room. I did not remember what happened just awhile ago after I said that I don’t know the answer. My head suddenly hurts as me and my friends are walking to the cafeteria. They were busy interviewing Taecyeon. I just followed them. Soohyun looked at me and walked with me while the others are busy with Taecyeon.

 “Wae?” He asked me concernedly.

“Obseo.” I said as I placed my palm on my forehead. I feel quite dizzy. Maybe it’s just because I stood infront the classroom for a long time and felt stressed out. In no time, we arrived at the cafeteria. We, the SuJiEunJung Trio went to order food for all of us while the guys went to look for a table. The table is really good for the six of us. It can occupy three people per side. I sat at the middle of EunJung and SooHyun while Taecyeon sat at the middle of JiEun and Wooyoung.

“Oh yeah! How did you meet Suzy? Since when have you met?” Wooyoung asked him while getting his food from the tray. Taecyeon looked at me teasing me with his smile. I hid my face because I felt embarrassed. I suddenly felt someone touch my hands. He/she removed my hands from my face then saw it was Taecyeon. My heart beats faster again! Will he really tell them?!

“Is it okay to tell them?” He asked me smiling.

 

Will Taecyeon tell the whole story to his friends?? Does Suzy still like Taecyeon? Will Taecyeon develop feelings for Yoona? Will he really court EunJung? What will happen to SooHyun’s feelings?.. Questions will be answered through the next chapters! Thanks for reading! Please do comment and subscribe. More comments and subscribers, More CHAPTERS!