Chapter 11: Aeyeong is returning and a mom and daughter talk

Bestfriends to Lovers

 

Chapter 11: Aeyeong’s return and a mom and daughter talk

-----Let’s take a short recap-----

Wooyoung’s POV

My cellphone suddenly rang. I checked the name of the caller and looks like he/she’s not in my contacts because all I see are pure numbers.

“Are you not going to answer that?” Jieun pointed at my phone.

“Excuse me.” I said and walked inches away from her. I touched the ‘answer’ button and placed my phone to my left ear.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” I said.

“Annyeong. How are you Wooyoung-ah?” the caller asked. It’s a girl. The voice sounds familiar.

“Nuguseyo?” I asked to make sure.

“You don’t remember?” She asked. I actually have a clue but I’m not that sure.

“Aeyeong?”(If you don’t know her see chapter 2) I said and Jieun’s eyes widened.

“Neh… It’s me oppa. How are you?” She said. Where did she even get my number?!

 

Wooyoung’s POV

“I’m okay. How about you?” I looked at JiEun who’s really shocked right now. Aeyeong and me just broke up more than two weeks ago, after 5 days, I dated JiEun. Now I’m with JiEun for almost a week. It’s really awkward right now. I’m here talking with my ex-girlfriend at the phone and my  current girlfriend is watching me.

“I’m okay oppa… How’s school?” She asked. She’s been away for awhile because of a certain seminar she attended at Busan.

“School is great!” I just answered. I looked at JiEun again. She smiled at me lightly and signaled me that she’s going outside for a while. I just nodded and she left the auditorium quickly to give me privacy. Sorry JiEun-ah.

“Um…  Oppa, I need to tell you something important. Are you willing to listen?” She asked me. I was a little nervous when I heard this from her and I don’t even know why.

“Ne… I’ll listen to you.” I just said and I can hear her take some deep breaths.

“O-oppa… I still like you.” She said and I felt really nervous. What should I answer? Should I tell her that I’m already with JiEun?  Should I just ignore her? No… that’s really rude!

“Didn’t I tell you before?? We’re…” I was about to finish my sentence when she suddenly cut off my words.

“I’ll still try my best!! I won’t give up!! Remember that! I’ll bring back our past relationship!” Aeyeong is still too young. She’s two years younger than me and don’t even know why I even dated a young girl like her.

“Okay then… Do what you want to do.” I answered. Although it sounds a little rude, I don’t mean it in a bad way.

“I’m going back to school tomorrow… Seminar is over.” She stated and I think this is a start of a new trouble.

 

JiEun’s POV:

Wooyoung gave me a back hug. I feel so great right now. Our relationship is doing well at the first week. I hope nothing will come between us.

His phone suddenly rang and we broke into the hug. He brought out his cellphone and checked who the caller is. He just stared at the screen of his phone. Isn’t he going to answer it?

“Are you not going to answer that?” I said pointing on his phone.

“Excuse me.” He said and walked inches away from me. Who could that be?

“Annyeong haseyo.” He said. I continued to watch him.

He talked to the caller and I was eavesdropping.

“Aeyeong?” Wooyoung said. My eyes widened as I heard her name. Aeyeong? Wooyoung’s ex-girlfriend?! Why? She wants to return to Wooyoung’s side? Wooyoung looked at me for a while and focused his attention again towards the caller.

“I’m okay. How about you?” he said to the phone. So… Aeyeong is asking how Woo is doing? Well, he’s really fine right now because I’m here.

“School is great!” Woo answered again. And now, she’s asking about how school is doing.

Woo looked at me again. This time I smiled at him lightly and signaled him that I’m going outside. He just nodded. I quickly went out of the auditorium.

I went straight to the garden infront of it and sat down at the bench near the mini waterfalls. I can hear the sound of water flowing to the rocks. This calms me a little. The atmosphere awhile ago was full of tension. Yes, Wooyoung is my boyfriend but not my possession. I cannot choose the people allowed to go near him. He still needs privacy.  But he’s talking to his ex-girlfriend and they just broke up! I’m really nervous about this. I feel like this will become a trial to our relationship. What will happen for the next days? I’m the only person here right now so, it’s okay to sing.

I was about to start singing when I heard voices. I stood up to see who they are.

“Yah!! Stop that!! You’re creepy!” The girl shouted.

“Honey!!” The guy shouted while laughing. I stepped closer again until I recognized the two. It’s Taecyeon and Suzy!

“Yah! Ok Taecyeon!!” Suzy shouted. Her face became really red. Taecyeon is chasing her until finally he caught her and gave her a back hug. The two of them were laughing hard until they noticed my presence. They looked at me.

“You know, you really look like a real couple. Good Job!” I said and clapped. Yes, they do look like they’re not acting. Taecyeon released Suzy from his tight hug and he looked at me.

“Yah! We’re just playing! Nothing’s wrong with that!” Suzy defended. Her face was really red and it’s actually cute. They came closer to me.

“What are you doing here alone?” Suzy asked me.

“Where’s Wooyoung? You’re supposed to be with him right?” It’s Taec who asked me this time. Am I supposed to say “Ah… Aeyeong called him so I need to give them privacy.”??? Well, I don’t know… I stayed silent for a while. The two were looking at me waiting for an answer.

“He…” I was about to explain but the auditorium door suddenly opened so I stopped. Wooyoung went out holding his cellphone. He looks kinda nervous. What happened?

He stood next to me and looked at Suzy and Taec.

“So what do we have here? Our newest couple?” He teased the two.

“Ne… Just awhile ago they were having their date.” I joined Woo in teasing them.

“Yah!!! We’re not even d---…” She stopped when she noticed that there are other students proceeding our area and I think I know who they are.

I was right! They were Jia, Fei and Min, our classmates. They went near Suzy and Taec who were standing next to each other.

“Annyeonghaseyo…” they greeted us all together.

“Annyeonghaseyo…” We greeted back.

“Sorry for disturbing you but can we have some of your time?” Min said.

“Ne… It’s okay.” Wooyoung said.

“Umm… Since we need to choose our clubs next Monday… We’re here to invite you to the dance club. Wooyoung, you’re a member since last year right? And your dancing skills were proven great… So, we’re expecting to see you again at the same club.” Jia said.

“Ne… I’m actually planning to.” Wooyoung said.

“That’s great!” Jia clapped her hands upon hearing Woo’s response. She looks like she has some feelings for him. “Oh! I heard Taecyeon is a member of a dance group at his previous school.” She continued. All of us looked at Taecyeon. This was a little unexpected. He did not even show any interest in dancing at the past.

“Ne… I’m going to join you.” Taec nodded and the three almost squealed.

 

Suzy’s POV:

“Oh! I heard Taecyeon is a member of a dance group at his previous school.” Jia said. All of us looked at Teac. Others looked at him maybe because they did not expect this because he did not show any interest in the past. Well, for them it’s like that but for me it’s not. I knew from the start that he loves dancing but he doesn’t want to show this to the others. Dance group? At his previous school? So he finally gained his confidence?

“Ne… I’m going to join you.” Taec nodded and the three almost squealed. Are they Taecyeon’s fans?

“How about JiEun and Suzy? You’re joining too?” Min asked. JiEun and I looked at each other.

“Accompany your boyfriends! If they are this handsome, many girls will chase after them.” Fei suggested. Okay, I’m not really used to it. They think that I’m the girlfriend of someone very popular here.

“We’ll see.” JiEun responded for me. After this, the three left us.

 

JiEun’s POV

The three of them left us. I looked at Wooyoung who was smiling while watching them leave.

“Yah!”  I shoved him. He scratched his head pretending that he doesn’t know why I did that.

“What did I do to you?” He asked. Because this guy was a playboy, he dated the three of them. I think neither of them was really serious that is why now they act like nothing happened in the past.

I glared at him again and he gave me an I-know-so-stop-that-glare look.

“Ahem..” Taecyeon interrupted. Oh yeah, I forgot that both of them are here.

“Hello~~! We’re still here.” Suzy waved her hands.

“Let’s go back inside the auditorium.” Wooyoung suggested. The Suzy and Taec ran faster to the auditorium leaving Woo and me alone. I decided to ask him what Aeyeong told him.

“What did Aeyeong tell you?” He looked at me. “Um… It’s okay even if you won’t tell me.” I continued. He held my hand and made me face him.

“I know you’re aware about this so…” He was about to finish but I cut his sentence.

“Aeyeong is returning from the seminar?” I said.

“Neh… Better prepare yourself… She’s a dangerous girl.” Wooyoung said and this made me feel really nervous. What will happen when she returns? Is she going to push me to the stairs? Is she going to spill juice to my face? What? What can Aeyeong do?!

“You know how close she is to the school administration. You don’t know what she can do to you.” He said.

“Neh… Araso…” I said nervously.

The door creaked. Taecyeon and Suzy peeked.

“Are you going in or not?” Taecyeon asked. I quickly let go of Wooyoung’s hand and smiled at Suzy who was looking at me.

“Ne.” I said and went in.  Wooyoung followed me.

 

Aeyeong’s POV:

Click!

I fixed my sitting position as soon as I ended a call with Wooyoung oppa. We just broke up more than two weeks ago and after 5 days, that JiEun suddenly became his girlfriend.

I exhaled loudly and laughed to myself. How easy-to-get! A girl like her doesn’t deserve someone like Wooyoung oppa. Yes, I know that since then they have been bestfriends but being lovers? Are you kidding me?! It’s hard to maintain a lovers’ relationship with a former bestfriend. There will be a time where in they will be confused on what their current relationship is. Are they still lovers or did they return on being bestfriends without noticing it.  That’s the time when I come into action. I’ll make Wooyoung mine again!

Flashback:

“Wae?!” Wooyoung replied shouting at me. He seems really mad. I had Goosebumps and I think I’m going to cry now.

“Are you really leaving me?” I asked. I’m trying to stop my tears from falling. My heart really aches right now. Is it my fault?

“AeYeong-ah,  we’re over. There’s nothing you can do about it now.” Wooyoung said forcing himself to calm down. That really hurts. It pierced directly to the heart. How can this be so painful?

“But why? I did everything to be a good girlfriend.” My tears are falling down. I can’t control this anymore.

“Yes. You were a good girlfriend. But now I think you need to find someone who will not hurt you.” He said as he held my shoulders and faced me.

“Do you like someone else?” I asked while acting strong.

“Ne. I like someone!”

“Then who? JiEun?” I asked. Wooyoung stayed silent for a while. Tell me it’s not her! Tell me it’s not her!

“N-ne……. I like JiEun since a long time ago!” He finally stated. I feel like my heart was torn into pieces. I just ran away from him. I can’t stand this anymore. This is too much.

-end of flashback

 

I wiped my tears after the quick flashback on our break up.


“It still hurts.” I whispered to myself. I really can’t control my tears at times like this. It started falling down continuously again.

“Are you okay, miss?” Our driver asked me.

“Ne. Ofcourse I’m okay. I just remembered something.” I said.

 

JiEun’s POV:

I walked back and forth inside my room. I’m half excited and half scared. Ottohke??! What if I make a mistake?! What if I suddenly slip infront of many people? I stopped walking and decided to sit on my bed.

“Wooyoung-ah!!!!!! Call me right now!!!!” I said loudly that even my mother heard it.

Knock! Knock!

“JiEun-ah, is everything alright?” My eomma asked.

“Ofcourse eomma.” I replied.

“Then can I come in?”

“Go ahead eomma.” I replied.

The door creaked as it was opened by eomma. She walked closer to me and sat beside me. She looked at me and smiled.

“My baby girl is not a baby anymore.” She said as she caressed my hair. I just smiled and looked away when she told me that. Eomma is clueless about my real relationship with Wooyoung. I haven’t told her yet but I think this is the right time. I don’t know how to start this but… here goes nothing.

“Eomma, I have to tell you something.” I said after I took a deep breath.

“hmm? Just tell me.” She said.

“Um… About me and…” I paused for a while. Eomma continued to look at me. I took a deep breath again and continued. “Wooyoung..”

“Wooyoung? Jang Wooyoung? Your childhood friend? What about it?” She asked.

“Ne eomma…  Well…” I’m so nervous right now. Should I really tell this now?

“Well?” She waited for me to continue.

“Eomma… I already have a boyfriend.” I finally said. Mom was shocked after I utter those words. “And that guy is… Jang Wooyoung.” I said and waited for mom’s reaction.

She smiled at me and pinched my cheeks. It seems like she’s happy for me. Good thing she did not slap me like what other moms would do at television dramas.

“Eomma… You’re not mad?” I asked to make sure.

“Why would I? It’s not bad to have a boyfriend. Also, the guy you picked is someone I really know. I have always dreamt of Wooyoung for my lovely daughter.” She said. Just by watching her say these words, it looks like she’s even happier than I am.

“Eomma… Saranghae!” I said and hugged her tightly. She hugged me tight and patted my back.

“Okay then… Let’s pick your outfit for tomorrow.” She said and got up. She also pulled me infront of my closet. Eomma! Kamsahamnida! Thanks for all your support!