Remembering The Past

Bestfriends to Lovers

 

Chapter 1: Remembering The Past

10 years ago…

*imagine it's winter

*Taecyeon

 

“Taecyeon-ah!”

 

 7 years old Taecyeon was busy playing with snow when an unfamiliar voice called out his name. He tried to look where that voice came from until a little girl with black hair in pigtails appeared infront of his eyes.

 

“Nuguseyo?” Taecyeon asked since it’s the first time he saw that girl.

 

“Bae Suzy imnida! I’m 6 years old. I live at the house beside your house. Nice to meet you Taecyeon!” Suzy smiled cutely then extended her right hand for a handshake. He shook hands with her and smiled shyly.

*What she looks like..

*just imagine her using winter clothes

“How did you know my name?” He asked when he let go of her hands.

 

“I heard it from the woman right there talking to my eomma.” She said as she pointed to two women talking at a bench near their location.

 

“ah… That’s my mom.” He smiled. Suzy just responded with an “Ok” then the both of them became silent for a while…………………..

 

“Later I’ll let you meet my friends! They’re really nice and fun to be with! I hope you’ll get along with them!” she broke the silence and pinched Taecyeon’s right cheek then giggled.

 

“Hope so.” He said while Suzy is still pinching his cheek. He looked at her then pinched both of her cheeks.

 

 

“Yah! That hurts!” Suzy complained.

 

“You started it!” He responded.

 

“Ow!” he complained and both of them laughed. Suddenly, snow fell from the sky. They looked at the sky then smiled at each other.

 

“Yah! Let go!” she told him.

 

“You first!”

 

“At the count of three let’s let go, okay?” she planned. “Ok” he agreed.

 

One..

Two..

Three..

 

He let go but Suzy is still doing it.

 

“Yah! Unfair!” he complained and she just giggled then she finally let go

 

“Rule number 1: Don’t be a kill joy!” she told him making a number one sign.

“What rules are you talking about?” Taecyeon asked.

 

“Made it myself!” she proudly said then she looked up.

 

“That really hurts.” Taecyeon said while holding his cheeks. He looked at Suzy again who was smiling while watching the snow fall down. He watched with Suzy and thought how nice she was. They just met but it’s like they’ve known each other for a long time.

 

Present Time…..

Kriiiiiiiiing Kriiiiiiiiiiing~~~

 

*her room

Suzy’s alarm clock disturbed her sleep. Since she’s a girl who never wants to be late, she rose immediately and turned off her clock. Although she does not want to wake up yet, she thought in her mind “Punctuality”.

 

“Morning again!” She sighed looking at the window. It’s the first day of school and she needs to be early because she still needs to look for her classroom. She combed her hair infront of the mirror.

 

“Bae Suzy, Fighting!” she made a fighting sign still holding her comb. She fixed her bed then rushed down to have breakfast while going down the stairs she can smell the smell of her food being cooked by her mom. She can see her mom yawn. She tried to sneak out and surprise her mom. She came closer and closer then gave her eomma a backhug. Her eomma looks really shocked by her sudden action.

“That scared me.” Her eomma said when she saw Suzy giggling.

 

“Mianhae eomma…. Saranghae!” she hugged her eomma again.

 

“Breakfast is ready.” Her eomma told her while placing food at the table.

 

Suzy got some food and placed at her plate then begin to eat. “Maa!” she said and gave her mom a good job sign. “Better do your best this school year!” her eomma smiled and watched her eat.

 

“Let’s see.” She responded.

 

“Yah! The answer must be ‘Ofcourse eomma!’ not ‘Let’s see’” eomma taught her.

 

“Araso eomma!” she assured.

 

“Okay Okay. Move faster. You don’t want to be late for your first day right?”

 

“Oh ofcourse.” She ate rapidly. After eating, she drank her milk then rushed to the bathroom. After that, she changed to her school uniform.

 

Few minutes later….

“Eomma, I’m going to school already!” Suzy hugged and kissed her mom.

 

“Do your best my baby!” Her eomma said while she is leaving the house. “I will!” she replied.

 

Waiting infront their house were EunJung and JiEun, her bestfriends since childhood. Suzy smiled as she saw those two at their gate.

 

“Good Morning!” She shouted from the door.

 

“Good Morning!” They replied with a wide smile.

 

“How long have you been waiting?”

 

“We just arrived. Kaja!”

 

They walked from their house to the bus stop. The three of them treat each other like sisters. Their group is called “SuJiEunJung”. They even buy matching accessories which they use together whenever they go somewhere and sometimes they even have matching hairstyles. As they were walking, the cream-colored house beside theirs caught Suzy’s attention. She looked at that house as they passed infront of it. EunJung noticed her looking at that house then tried to ask her something.

 

“Suji-ah! You remember Ok Taecyeon, right?” She smiled to Suji. EunJung noticed that Suji was shocked at her question.

 

Suji/Suzy’s POV:

I was looking at the house beside us as we passed through it. I was thinking about a friend who used to live there, Ok Taecyeon. He was one of my closest or should I say bestfriend but now he is in U.S. and I kinda miss him. I used to go to him whenever eomma and appa is quarrelling and he would always cheer me up. Not that EunJung and JiEun don’t cheer me up, it’s just because their house is next to ours. I smiled while looking at that house and it seems that EunJung caught me.

“Suji-ah! You remember Ok Taecyeon, right?” She asked me with a wide smile. It seems that she can read my mind now. Well, maybe it’s because we’ve known each other for years or maybe I’m like an open book, can be read easily. “Ne..” I answered a little shy.

“You miss him?” She suddenly asked and I now feel like my face is getting hot.

 

“Oh Yeah! Suji likes him before, right?” JiEun suddenly butted-in making my face hotter.

“Aniyo! Jungmal aniyo!” I denied what they said. My heart beats faster and I think I’m already blushing. They seem to notice that.

“Then why are you blushing?” Both of them said it together.

“Yah! He likes EunJung before, right?” I changed the topic.

“Neh! I remember!” JiEun looked at EunJung now. I feel relieved that the topic already changed.

“Neh. I was always linked to him.” EunJung answered and then we arrived at the bus stop and luckily the bus arrived exactly as we reached the place. We were silent as we stepped inside the bus. The three of us sat at the back. We kept silent the whole trip. Well, not only us actually. Everyone in the bus was silent because many were sleepy. Only the sound of engine is heard.

“Kirin Highschool!” the driver broke the silence.

“Neh!” I shouted as we stood up and went down the bus. As expected, there are still few students at the school.

“We’re still the early birds, right?” JiEun said as she placed her hands on her waist.

“Well, Punctuality is a must.” I stated and we went to the bulletin board to look which class we belong. I looked for my name and finally I found it under Class A.

“We’re classmates again!!!”  EunJung said happily and we had a group hug. We walked to our classroom located at the third floor of building B. We took the stairs instead of the elevator because we want to have exercise. As we are going up the stairs, a guy is running like he is being chased by someone then suddenly bumped unto JiEun causing her to drop her books. The guy did not help her pick up her books. He just said sorry and ran all the way upstairs.

“Yah! What kind of guy are you?!” JiEun yelled. I looked at her and she seems really mad.

 

Hi everyone!! How was the first chapter?? Boring? Well, I’ll make sure I’ll  make it more interesting next time. Please do leave some comments and don’t forget to subscribe and add me as friend!! I’ll promise to give you a great story! I’ll really appreciate it if you comment!