5

Spirit

Of course you didn't know what he was doing, so you just let him hold your hand. You had to admit, though, that it was nice to be around your own kind.

--------------------------------------

Soon enough you found a small cave. Being only the runt of the pack, you know about 75% of the forest. The cave was on the border of the section of the forest you knew, thankfully.

Your unintentional grip on Chen's hand loosened as you began gathering various leaves for bedding. The two males just stood there, looking around at the unfamiliar surroundings.

Growling in annoyance, you said the only word in the English language you knew, "Help."

Kris timidly nodded and began to gather the soft leaves, creating his own bedding. Chen attempted helping, but got easily distracted by the foreign plants and flowers that grew around the cave.

Occasionally, you glanced around to look at both Kris and Chen's bedding, and chuckled quietly to yourself when you saw that Chen would still be looking around at plants.

Humming, Chen finished up his bedding. It was nearly noon and he had finished his bedding last. He gave it a look of endearment as he adjusted the colorful flowers that were carefully weaved into the net of vines.

He finally looked up from his work and gasped, as he seemed to be the only one in the cave. Arranged in a circle, he saw Kris' neat, simple bedding, as well as your bedding. Your bedding obviously looked like it was made by an experienced outdoorsman.

Scrambling out of the cave entrance, Chen felt relieved to see you and Kris on the side of the cave, gathering firewood.

You were directing Kris towards certain logs or pieces of wood, and he would obediently pick them up and stack them on top of the growing pile of firewood.

Chen noticed you smiling in satisfaction at Kris, and he felt something stir in his body. Why were you smiling at Kris only?! Why not at Chen's nice bedding?