11

Spirit

Storms and harsh conditions spread throughout the land, keeping the village quiet and the people restless.

 
The pack stayed in their cozy cave, waking up every now and then to hunt for food. Just like every year, except there wasn't a certain female there with them.
 
"She's only gonna be with them until the end of the year, right?" Howon nudged Sungjong.
 
Sungjong sifted through his internal calendar, and noted that there were approximately 100 days left.
 
"Yeah. Hopefully they haven't already gotten attached."
 
---------------------
 
"Kris, what does this," you looked down at your intertwined hands, "mean? Does it mean something good?"
 
After leaving the cave, you and Kris scoured the area nearby for Chen. Kris insisted on holding your hand, saying it was for security purposes, and you obliviously believed him.
 
Holding back a chuckle, he fervently nodded and avoided your curious gaze.
 
Ever since you'd found out that Kris knew your language, it was much easier to communicate.
 
He noticed that you were extremely curious and knowledgable about things that a normal girl wouldn't even think about.
 
You found yourself biting your bottom lip as you and Kris approached the other side of the wide lake.
 
Kris, being the gentlemen, assisted you in getting across, as you were still feeling slightly woozy.
 
"Thanks," you rasped out when you reached solid land. You just wanted to rest awhile, so you did, which Kris was fine with.
 
The (intended) five minute rest turned into an hour nap, and you woke up feeling horrible. Not physically, but mentally.
 
"God damn it!" you cursed as you hoisted yourself up into a sitting position and saw that you'd wasted too much time. Since it was about 12'o clock, your symptoms were wearing off, thankfully.
 
Suddenly, something shifted inside you. A strange conscience invaded your mind, and you found yourself listening to a spirit wolf recite directions. Your eyes widened in realization because it was someone from the pack, your pack.
 
Following the directions of turning westwards into the woods and turning right at the natural crossing paths, you howled in delight when you saw a spirit wolf crouched inside of a hollow tree trunk.
 
"Sungyeol!" you ran over to him, smiling and affectionately nuzzling your nose with his.
 
Sungyeol, the pack's subordinate caretaker, was a rather peculiar case. He wasn't all white, with a small gray patch on the inside of his left hind leg.
 
Sungyeol had always been the more accepting one in the group, helping you as a good caretaker should.
 
"Why are you here? Didn't Alpha forbid any contact?" you questioned him, eyebrows creasing in concern.
 
"Sorry, I just had to see you. You see, I miss you," Sungyeol utilized the spirit wolves' mind communication, "but hey, so does Howon!" He sheepishly grinned, baring his shiny white canines.
 
You chuckled at his random revelation but stopped when you realized what he'd actually said, eyes wide.
 
"Howon misses me?"
 
-----------------------
 
Idk if the spacing is weird cuz I typed it on my phone, but I felt like writing LOL. Rare treat? I think yes. I'm probably gonna update again tonight because there is a THUNDERSTORM. Me Gusta