2

Spirit

Just as the annual mid-summer feast began in the village, you stepped out of the woods and approached the village square. All chatter ceased and no one moved. Showing the universal sign of peace, one in which you raised up your right hand with your thumb, forefinger and middle finger up, you approached the village chief.

The chief was a man with wrinkles around his eyes, which made him look all the wiser. Smiling, he stood up and bowed to you, "Hello. It's nice to finally meet you, young guardian."

He had spoken in the language of the Gods, surprising you. Only your pack and extremely important individuals had the privilege to learn and speak the language. You just nodded and looked around at the astounded villagers, noting that they seemed to be confused.

"Mind if we take it inside?"

----------------------------------------------

The chief led you inside of his hut. "What brings you here, young one?" the chief asked.

"I need to know what is going on, sir." you replied, glancing at the animal skins lining one of his walls in distate.

"Ah. Yes," the chief began, "it seems as though the modern people would like to explore the forest."

Your eyes blazed in fury. The forest had been deemed protected long ago through a treaty when the vile, nasty humans had tried to destroy it with their fancy machinery and whatnot. "But sir, the treaty that was made-"

"It seems as if your alpha doesn't have a problem with the exploration," he interrupted, "because he has decided to grant the researchers permission to enter the forest."

Smiling at you with his wrinkly eyes infuriated you further. Maybe it would be okay to stab him or slit his throat quietly. No one would notice, right?

---------------------

Walking out of the chief's hut, you noticed that the village had gone back to its festivities. You cautiously made your way to where the woods began, when suddenly, a large hand grabbed your bare shoulder from behind.

Instinctively, you crouched into battle position and hissed, turning around in one switft, fluid movement. You cast a hard glare at the man who had touched you, realizing that he looked like someone from another planet. The man looked to be your age, and showed to universal sign of peace. Your facial features relaxed and you stood up from your battle stance, warily eyeing the stranger.

He began rapidly speaking to you in a foreign language, making you tilt your head to the side in confusion. Realizing that he was getting nowhere, he pointed to himself and said a single word, "Chen."

You smiled in acknowledgement. Grinning widely, Chen pointed at you, eager to know your name. You told him your name, and he repeated it over and over with that same sweet grin.

Soon, the happy atmosphere was ruined with your realization that what you were doing was wrong. Without another word, you darted back into the forest, leaving behind a slightly disappointed and befuddled Chen. You wouldn't have to retrieve the two explorers, whoever they were, until dawn anyways.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

asdjaljfijqeio I think these chapters are too short. T____T
I promise to try and make them longer next time~ lol.
I was too busy crying over exo in london. MY FEELS.