Chapter 8

Deceitful Love

~*Kai's P.O.V.*~

Sebastian stepped next to me and leaned in close to my ear, “Sir, I did what you asked of me yesterday and it seems that his heart has began to beat from this girl.” Sebastian raised an eyebrow. “Have you began to feel anything?”

“Sebastian, don't be jumping to conclusions just because I bring a girl here.” Sebastian kept silent. I sighed in defeat. “No. I haven’t started to being feeling for the girl. I just happened to bump into her outside the store. That’s all. Now back to business, what did you find out about her brothers and our opponents?”

Sebastian gave a curt nod before speaking, “As you suspected, they are not human but, the girl, she doesn’t know.” I raised an eyebrow at this. Sebastian raised his hand as motion not to speak just yet. “I know this because one of my son’s close friends happened to be nearby and overheard most of the conversation. The only ones that know what they truly are, are the parents, the eldest and the two that are always with him.”

I nodded. “Good job. See if you can find anything else about them. We need to know more if we’re to win.”

“As you wish, but it is a pity that she will be dragged into this. She seems to be an innocent soul.” Sebastian’s words were laced with sympathy for the girl.

“Yeah...But what can I do? I have to go through with this.”

“You don’t have too, you choose too. Like your mother always says, ‘You have a choice in everything in life.’” Sebastian turned to leave, “If that will be all then I will be on my way. Good day, your highness.”

“Your highness...?” I stiffened at the voice. “What did he mean by that?” I turned and was awestruck by her beauty.

“Hello?” She waved her hand back and forth slowly. I shook my head as my brain finally saw the motion.

“Neh?”

“Your highness?” She smiled slightly.

“Oh. It’s just a nickname. He’s called me that since I was a kid.” I smiled slightly off guard.

“Ah, that’s understandable.” She smiled. She shyly grabbed the end of the skirt and glanced up at me from underneath her lashes. “So...what do you think?”

“...I think...” She kept silent in anticipation. “You owe me a date.”

“Bwoh?” She blinked in surprise.

I coughed and looked away, not expecting that reply. “I mean, that is, if you’re free.” The clerk behind the counter coughed trying to hold back his laughter in. I mentally shot daggers at him. “But if you’re not, then another time.” I smiled, regaining my composure.

“Ah, no, I didn’t mean to make it sound like I was denying you, I was just surprised.” She bit her lip slightly, “But  I wouldn’t mind going on a date with you.”

I grinned, “Then it’s settled.” ‘Wouldn’t mind? I’ll make you WANT me.’ “I’ll come by and pick you up this Saturday around 1.”