Chapter 5

Deceitful Love

~Yongguk’s P.O.V.~

I stared blankly up into the sky, unconsciously rubbing my chest where my heart now beat. ‘For a millennia, it stayed silent...’  The corner of my lips twitched as I recalled the images of her smiling. I sighed and closed my eyes, “Now time to figure out a way to win her heart...”

~SunHwa’s P.O.V.~

“Lay! What was LuHan’s favorite cake flavor again?” I frowned as I looked through my mom’s cake recipes.

“Strawberry I think. Waeyo?” He peeked over my shoulder.

“I want to bake him a cake for his birthday but I don’t know which one I want to do.” I pouted. I flipped through a few pages until I slammed my finger down on a intricate design, “That one! I’ll do that one!” I grinned and clapped my hands. “Arasso! Let’s get started!” Lay grinned and nodded.

After an hour of throwing flour at Lay, tripping him, and smothering cake mix on his face and vise versa, the cake finally made it into the oven, “Phew, that took a while.” I wiped my flour covered forehead.

Lay chuckled, “I wonder why.”

I frowned, “You started it!”

“Bwoh?! Ani, you started it! You threw flour at me first!”

“Psh, yeah right. Trying to blame the little one here, I see how you are.” Mehrong.

Mehrong. “Of course. It’s always the little one’s fault.” He grinned.

I rolled my eyes and nudged him playfully on the side, “Pabo.”

We both stilled as we heard a familiar car engine turn off in the front yard. “Oh, snap...” We said in usion. We hurried to clean some of the mess but the door opened as our umma stepped into the kitchen with the groceries.

“Annyeong kids. How’s the ca-” She paused. She dropped the groceries. Luckily, they were hovering over the table. She stared at us with our innocent expressions as her eyes traveled all over the kitchen, “WHAT HAPPENED TO MY KITCHEN?!” She gasped as she saw flour all over the sink and counter tops. “How-why-wha-JUST HOW?!”

“IT WAS HIS FAULT!”

“IT WAS HER FAULT!” The two of us pointed at each other and screamed at the same time.

Umma pinched the bridge of her nose, “I don’t care who, just clean it up. Aigoo...Remind me to never leave the two of you alone in the kitchen again.”

“Arasso umma...” I slouched and grabbed a towel as I lift a bowl to wipe underneath it. Lay grabbed a broom and started sweeping.

Umma shook her head then went on to put the groceries away. “After you two are done, start making dinner.”

Lay blinked, “But-”

“No buts. I know I said not to leave you two alone but you two need to do your share of the chores. Just don’t destroy my kitchen this time.” She said sternly.

“Neh.” We replied.

She smiled, “Good. Now finish up cleaning and I just might make some dessert tonight.”

“Chincha?!” I said excitedly.

“Neh, I’ll think about it if you guys do a good job so better get working.” She chuckled and left.

I turned to Lay and grinned, “Truce?”

He grinned, “Truce. Now hurry your booty. Palli!”

Another hour passed and we finished with cleaning and dinner. “Woot! We make a good team.” I gave Lay a high five.

“I’ll say.” He laughed.

Someone pounded at the door. “Who’s at the door?” I furrowed my eyebrows and opened the door. Tao and Kris nearly fell in with an unconscious LuHan. “What the hell happened to LuHan?!”

“Don’t ask! Where’s appa and umma?!”

“They’re in their room.” They nodded.

They hefted LuHan up then ran. "Umma!" Tao yelled. I followed them, worried about LuHan. I started to get an uncomfortable sense of deja vu. I shook my head thinking I was just being paranoid. "Umma, LuHan passed out!" She came out and gasped.

She glanced at me, "Someone take her away. Bring LuHan into the room." Tao and XiuMin dragged LuHan in as Kris took me away.

"Yah! Kris!" I pulled away wanting to go back but he kept pulling me forward. The feeling of deja vu grew stronger. "Yah!" I started to feel scared. The feeling grew stronger and stronger as he tried to pull me away forcefully from the door. "Stop!" He stopped and turned to look at me, shocked, "Why do you guys always drag me away when one of you are unconscious?!" He kept silent. "First it was you, XiuMin, then Tao! Now LuHan?!" My chest heaved as I took deep breaths, remembering the times when they collasped. "Who's next?!"

"...Guess the next birthday." Kris said quietly.

My eyes opened wide in shock, "No...not Lay..." I took a step back, "What's going on...?" Kris kept silent. "I deserve to know, damn it!"

He sighed, "You'll know soon."

"No, tell me now."

Kris gave me a stern stare, "SunHwa."

"Kris." I returned the stare.

"SunHwa, if I tell you now you wouldn't understand."

"Why wouldn't I? You're my oppa."

"If we turned out to be monsters, would you still say the same thing?"

"Neh." I didn't hesitate.

He sighed, "We'll show you later. For now, just be a good dongsaeng, arasso?" He smiled gently.

"...Arasso." I felt uneasy. "But when's soon?"

"Soon. Now let's go." He grabbed my hand and pulled me away from our parent's room. I looked back as I felt some kind of weird aura hit me. 'I've felt this before...' Kris led me away before I could run back to investigate.