Chapter 4

Deceitful Love

~Himchan's P.O.V.~

"Hyung!" I turned as I heard my dongsaeng's voice. "You were right!" He went on breathless from running.

"Right about what?" I looked at him slightly puzzled.

"The-" He wheezed, "Aw, geez, I feel like I'm going to die."

I rolled my eyes then pulled my dongsaeng down onto a nearby bench. "Out with it pabo."

Zelo took a deep breath and started again," I said that you're right. The new kids aren't human." He paused to let it sink in, "I don't know what they are but I heard them talking. They said that one of them was going to change soon too, on a birthday that's coming up."

I frowned, “I had a feeling that they weren’t human but why weren’t we able to detect what they were?” Zelo shrugged. I strode off and began pacing, thinking.

“‘Ey yo, Himchan!” Youngjae paused as he saw me pacing.

I kept pacing, “Hey pabo.”

“Why is he pacing?” Youngjae whispered to Zelo.

“He’s trying to figure out what the new kids are.”

“Ah, so they really aren’t human then?” Zelo shook his head. “Why doesn't this surprise me.”

I shot a puzzled look at Youngjae, “Do you know something that we don’t?”

“Ani.” He raised his hands up. “It was kinda obvious that they weren’t human.” I glared.

“What are you guys doing?”

“Oh, Yongguk hyung.” Zelo said, not bothering to turn his head to see what his oldest hyung wanted.

“Yo.” Yongguk replied. “What’s going on?”

“We-”

“Himchan oppa!” I tensed as I heard the voice of the last person I wanted here.

I turned and plastered on a smile. “Annyeong SunHwa.”

“Annyeong.” She grinned, “Why did you leave so fast earlier?”

“Oh, I had other things to do.”

“Oh yeah, you’re a teacher’s assistance. I forgot about that.”

“SunHwa!”

“Neh?” She turned as she heard her oppa’s voice.

We tensed as her brother walked beside her. He smiled charmingly, “Annyeonghaesayo. Kris imnida.”

“Annyeong, Himchan imnida. I met you earlier today.”

“Ah, neh.” He turned to SunHwa and whispered into her ear. She smiled, nodded, then left. He turned back to us with a stern stare. “Whatever happens, she will stay out of the situation.”

I narrowed my eyes, “What are you talking about?” Kris nodded toward Yongguk who was lost in his thoughts as he stared at SunHwa. I mentally groaned. “It won’t be a problem.”

Yongguk began walking toward SunHwa. Kris grabbed his arm as he walked by, “Step any closer to my dongsaeng and you will regret it, Ares.”

~*Yongguk's P.O.V.*~

I snapped out of my trance, “You know that name, how?”

Kris grinned, “When you flash your tattoo, you make it easy to put the pieces together.” My eyes narrowed as I remember I always flashed my tattoo during P.E. in the morning. ‘But damn, can you blame me? It gets hot.’

Himchan and the others tensed. “Yah-” Daehyun stopped in mid-stride as he jogged toward his hyungs when he felt the tense atmosphere. He looked at the others in confusion until the situation clicked. With a blank determined stare, he placed himself behind Yongguk.

“How do you know about our tattoos?” Himchan asked, stepping along with Daehyun.

Kris only shrugged. “Your tattoos describe the name you are given at the beginning of your training, assassins.” XiuMin replied as he came up behind Kris. Tao placed himself on the other side of Kris.

“How do you know so much about us?” Zelo asked curiously. I scoffed, not caring about what was happening or about our new opponents, and turned my attention back to SunHwa. All I cared about was the girl.

“That’s something for us to know.” Tao replied menacingly. “He better keep his hands off of her.”

Youngjae rolled his eyes, “Why are you guys so protective of her?”

Tao snarled, “That’s none of your business. Just keep him away from her.”

I finally snapped out of my daze and growled. I frowned as I heard a steady beat. I looked around as I tried to find the source of the sound. My eyes widened as it clicked. ‘My heart...is beating...?’

The others stared at me in confusion. XiuMin stared in shock as he also heard the sound, “She’s...his Bride.”

Tao growled. He grabbed me by the collar of my uniform. “You hurt her then I will gladly kill you.”

“You hurt him then we will gladly won’t hold back.” Himchan replied. “There’s more of us than there are of you.”

XiuMin grinned, “We know more info about you. Info that let us know what makes you tick and break down.” They stepped down. “You try to do anything to her, know that you signed up for a death wish.” He glanced at me.

“Fine.” I grated. ‘At least he’s giving me a chance.’ I turned, “But don’t expect me to keep my distance from her. She’s mine.”

XiuMin nodded, “We’re aware of that. Oh, one more thing. She doesn’t know about us.” I raised an eyebrow. XiuMin raised one back as a challenge, “I don’t need to explain ourselves to you. Know that only the three of us and our parents know. So tread carefully. Like the many other things I know about your kind, you can’t live without your Bride.”