Chapter 10

Deceitful Love

~YongGuk’s P.O.V.~

I scowled as I heard his winnings for the bet. “And if I refuse?”

Kai shrugged, “Doesn’t matter. You obey me. So you have no choice.”

I scoffed. “I obey no one because your father doesn’t sit on the throne.”

Kai glared, “He will soon.”

“I doubt that.”

“And why’s that?” Kai raised an eyebrow.

“I can feel it in my seal that he is soon to make a comeback. So you better prepare to run.” I smirked evilly. “Because me and my brothers will hunt you and your family down until every single one of you is dead.”

Kai growled, “Try me slave.” Kai tensed as he felt an enormous power emanating from somewhere. He hissed as he saw Ailee step around the corner.

“Hello Kai. Care to give me a good morning hug?” She smiled as Kai took a step back, “No? Aw, you hurt me. Then again,” She looked at her nails as she raised her hand, “I would probably nearly kill you.”

“Tch. As if. You can’t kill the heir to the throne.” Kai turned to leave.

Ailee flicked her fingers, “Heir to the throne only, if the true line is deceased. But,” She continued as Kai turned back around, “we all known that the true line still exists because your father failed to claim the Berserker’s Sword and sit on the throne of the Blood Rage Demon King back in the Underworld.”

“How do you know about that?” Kai asked, beginning to seethe with anger.

“I have eyes and ears everywhere little boy. I have eyes and ears everywhere.” She repeated tauntingly. I grinned and silently gave her props.

“Don’t be too happy now Ares. I still have yours and your brothers’ contracts.” I kept silent. Kai turned and left.

“He speaks too high and mighty for someone who barely has any power.” Ailee scrunched her nose.

I nodded. “Mhm. But he does have some power.” I seethed with annoyance as I was reminded that he still had our contracts from when our previous boss left us to die when we couldn't carry out the mission any longer.

Ailee sighed, “Anyways, on to happier thoughts. How do you plan on winning her over?” She wiggled her eyebrows.

I grinned and shook my head. “I have no clue. I was planning on talking to her today but I didn’t get the chance because someone was with her.”

“Ah, so I did you.” She laughed.

“Aish, loser.” I laughed

She laughed along but quieted down. “You’d better hurry though. What if he really means to go on with the bet? I’ve already seen them together.”

I scowled as the image of him holding SunHwa in his arms. I had a sudden urge to find him and rip him limb from limb. “Then I’ll kill him.”

Ailee looked at me in confusion, “But you know that you can’t hurt the one holding your contract.”

I smirked, “That’s why you get someone else to do it then when the contract is broken, I’ll kill him.”

She laughed, “Damn, you are one cold, merciless oppa.” She stopped laughing then gave a stern stare, “You better keep her safe and happy or I’ll come kick your myself. I actually like this girl.” She smiled softly.

I was taken back with shock. Ailee rarely ever got along with girls her age. She’d always make excuses when I would try to get her to hang out with other girls. 'And I thought she was only teasing me when she called her, her dongsaeng.' I shook my head and chuckled.

“Bwoh?”

“Aniyo. Just surprised that you actually found a friend that’s a girl and called her dongsaeng.”