Chapter 7

Deceitful Love

~SunHwa’s P.O.V~

The sun was out and shining so I decided to explore my new town. Eventually, I walked far enough that I walked right into the district with all of the big malls and store buildings.

I looked around in awe at the big buildings and market stalls. I glanced at a store's window as something shiny caught my eye. I peeked inside and saw a cute pair of heels. "Omo! That's so cute!" I bit my lip as I debated whether I should buy it or not. Farther inside the store, I saw a cute mini floral skirt. "That would look good with the shoes." I saw my eyes twinkle thinking about how cute it would look wearing the outfit around town. ‘Now to find a shirt...’

Someone chuckled nearby, "Need help?"

I looked up surprised. I frowned as I saw who it was, "I'm good without your help." I turned back to the clothing and went back to debating.

"You sure? I could be a lot of help." He winked. I rolled my eyes. He looked into the window and stared at what I was staring. "Those would look good on you." He said.

I whipped my head around and blinked, "Bwoh?"

"What?" He shrugged, "I'm just saying. You should get it." He nodded. I burst out laughing. He frowned, "What's so funny?"

“You pabo.” I covered my mouth with my hand, trying to kill off my laughter.

He smiled then pouted playfully, “How am I funny?”

I giggled, “Ani. You’re just cute.” I grinned.

He returned my grin. He glanced at the window then grabbed my hand and pulled me inside the store, “Let’s go.”

“Bwoh? Wae?” I stumbled along as he pulled me inside. “Yah!”

He smiled charmingly as the person behind the counter came around the desk and said his name laced with a french accent, “Kai, what a wonderful surprise. What may I do for you, today on this beautiful day, and,” He glanced at me and smiled warmingly, “for your friend here?”

I blushed and shyly smiled back. Kai chuckled, “Can you pack the shoes you have on display and,” He pointed to the floral skirt, “that skirt over there?”

The owner nodded, “Would you like me to find a shirt to go along with the skirt or will you be doing the honors?”

Kai slowly looked around inside the store then smiled at the owner, “I’ll be doing the honors, Sebastian, but you may advise me.”

“As you wish.”

I gaped. My eyes widen like saucers as I glanced back and forth at Kai, the guy that wouldn’t tell me his name before, and the man, Sebastian. Finally able to find my voice, “Uh, does your family own this store or something...?”

“Hm?” He glanced at me then went back to looking for a shirt for my new outfit, “Oh, no. My father knows him and they’re good friends. Sebastian is the owner of the company that runs this place.” I nodded slowly. His lips turned up into a small smirk as he picked out a pink sheer top and held it out to me.

I gasped at how elegant it looked. “Omo!” I bit my lip and glanced at him, “For me? Chincha?” He nodded and smiled. I returned the smile with a hug and practically jumped on him. “Omo!! Kamsahapnida!” He took a step back, startled slightly, as I threw myself on him from sheer joy.

He chuckled, “It’s nothing.” ‘Had I known sooner I’d had done this earlier...’ He pushed me away slightly, “Now go try the shirt on with the others.” I nodded and ran off toward the dressing room.