Chapter 6

Deceitful Love

~*SunHwa's P.O.V.*~

That night, sleep never came. I laid on my bed trying to figure out what they could be hiding. No answers popped up. I turned over and finally sighed in defeat. I slowly closed my eyes until I saw something shimmer beneath my desk. Quietly, I got of bed. I soundlessly crouched toward the shiny object and grabbed it. I lifted it to my face and examined it carefully. It was a necklace. Similar to the ones that Kris, Tao, and XiuMin wore but theirs’ had a certain color similar to their birthstone. I studied the clear crystal hanging off the leather string, placing it in my palm and gently rolling it back and forth. I jumped as I felt a little zap. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I quickly opened a drawer and threw it inside then jumped into my bed as my door creaked open.

"SunHwa?" I tried to even my breathing. "SunHwa, I know you're awake." Lay nudged my arm.

I sighed, "Neh?"

"I can't sleep." He pushed me over and snuck inside my blankets.

"This is my bed." I pouted.

Mehrong. “I’m sleeping here now.” He grabbed one side of the blanket and wrapped it around himself. I shrugged and laid down. “I wonder what happened to LuHan...”

“I don’t know...”

“...I heard you talking with Kris. What did he mean about about my birthday?”

I tensed and looked away, “It was nothing.”

“Liar. Tell me. You’re scaring me by not saying anything.” He nudged me.

“It was nothing.” I to my side.

“Tell me.” He poked my side. “Tell me now.”

I sighed, “I don’t know. He said that something was going to happen on your birthday.”

“Bwoh?”

“Ask him not me.” I mumbled. He kept silent for a while. He sighed then turned the other way.

“Good night.”

“Good night.” I said quietly. I closed my eyes and let sleep take over my mind.

~*His P.O.V.*~

My lips twitched into a smile as I remember the new girl in my homeroom class. ‘She sure is something...’ I laid back onto the grassy field and stared up at the sky with a full on grin. ‘This should be interesting.’ It had been a long while since I had a challenge. Girls would throw themselves at me for my looks. Rarely ever for who I was. They didn't know about my past or scars. My pocket began to vibrate. “Neh?”

“Dongsaeng! Where are you?”

“I’m at nowhere. Wae?”

“Baekhyun’s wondering where you’re at. Said something about you guys needing to do something together or something like that.”

I was quiet as he thought about what "something" was. “Oh! Damn it, I forgot. Tell him I’ll be there in 10.”

“Arasso, arasso. Just hurry both of your asses home later, got that?”

“Yeah,” He grinned, “Whatever you say umma.”

“Yah, it’s hyung, not umma.”

“Whatever.” I chuckled and hung up. I took one last look at the sky before getting up and dusting off my pants. I then left to meet my hyung.