Byun Byun Baekhyun

Section K

"Food is our common ground, a universal experience." - James Beard

 

"... that's a crucial point, as it suggests the Permo-Triassic extinction event was more devastating in the oceans, which means the crux of the event was centered there and not shared equally. That would lend support for ocean-based explanations of the event like sudden emissions of methane clathrate from the ocean floor, a big fluctuation in sea levels, or a massive drop in ocean oxygen levels. On the other hand, this finding would generally argue against explanations like massive volcano eruptions or an impact event like the one thought to have wiped out the dinosaurs..." Hyewon explained.

 

"Good presentation Lee Hyewon and Kim Joonmyun. You got an A plus. You can now return to your seats." their professor told them.

 

"YES!" Hyewon and Joonmyun shouted, but their other classmates were just staring at them.

 

After they returned to their seats, Chanyeol who made a presentation all by himself congratulated them. "Nice one, Hyewon and Joon hyung!" then he made a man-to-man handshake with Joonmyun.

 

"Let's celebrate for this? Arasseo?" Hyewon suggested, and the two agreed.

 

"So your name in the Philippines is Mandy?" Joonmyun asked Hyewon in the canteen with Chanyeol.

 

"Ne. But in our house, I'm Hyewon."

"Hyewon-ah. Mandy is cute. Do you want us to call you that from now on?" Chanyeol said, with his eyes smiling.

 

"Is that okay with you?"

"Ne!" the two shouted.

 

Hyewon remembered something so she took the chance to ask the two. "Uh... who's ---"

 

"Chanyeol-ah! Joonmyun hyung!" Baekhyun shouted while running towards them.

 

"Oh, Baekhyun-ah! What brought you here?" Chanyeol asked.

 

"Ne? I missed you guys!" then he saw the foods on the table, "Oh! Roast beef! Can I have one?" Baekhyun didn't wait for Chanyeol's or Hyewon's or Joonmyun's answer, instead he get Chanyeol's plate and he's the one who is now eating on Chanyeol's lunch.

 

"It's *nom nom nom* delicious! *nom nom nom* What's *nom nom nom* the celebration *nom nom nom* for?" Baekhyun asked.

 

"We got an A plus on our presentation earlier. You forgot it?" Joonmyun answered. Baekhyun paused for a while and looked on Hyewon. He suddenly felt something. "Ah! Hyewon Lee!" Hyewon nodded, still surprised with Baekhyun's gluttony. Baekhyun resumed on his food. Chanyeol's food.

 

Chanyeol facepalmed. "Aren't you going to introduce yourself, Baekhyun?"

 

Still looking on the food, Baekhyun introduced himself. "Jeo-neun Byun Baekhyun imnida. Ehem ehem!" he was choking and Chanyeol's patting his back.

 

"Such a glutton!" Joonmyun complained.

 

"Byun?" Hyewon asked, like she was controlling herself to laugh. "Byun?"

 

"Hyewon-ah, he's BYUN Baekhyun." then Joonmyun initiated the laugh.

 

"Hahahahaha!" the three laughed. But Baekhyun feels something. And he knows what will happen next.

 

Baekhyun stood up and rushed himself to the nearest toilet. The three are still laughing.