Kim Jongin's Jar of Hearts

Section K

"And who do you think you are? Running 'round leaving scars..." - Jar of Hearts, Christina Perri
 

Hyewon can't understand what the teacher is saying. That creepy boy beside the window pane keeps on bugging her mind. On the other hand, Chanyeol also bugging her humanity by talking endlessly.

 

When Chanyeol poked her arm, she exploded. "Can you just shut up for a while?"

 

She saw Chayeol's eyes bulge. He is not expecting that Hyewon will raise her voice. "Oh... I'm sorry Hyewon. I'm just excited of your presence here."

 

Hyewon felt guilt with Chanyeol's seriousness. "Ah... mianhae. I'll make it up to you after class."

 

She saw Chanyeol smiled, she gave him also her sweetest smile.

 

Their class went well, except for those judgemental eyes that staring at her; especially that Chanyeol is now accompanying her. Maybe she was already dead in their minds. It's obvious because Chanyeol is quite handsome. Errrr. Maybe super handsome. But that window boy.... is more handsome.

 

What are you saying, Hyewon? She commented.

 

"Oh so you're from the Philippines?" Chanyeol interrupted her thoughts with his questions. They are sitting on a bench, Hyewon don't want to get home. She is lazy.

 

"Yeah. Actually, I don't want here."

 

Chanyeol nodded like he was agreeing with what Hyewon said. But in deep thought, it hurts.

 

"May I ask you a question?" Hyewon asked out of nowhere.

 

"Sure thing." Chanyeol released his killer smile.

 

"Ah... what about those killings here?"

 

Chanyeol was amazed with Hyewon. So she already knew about the news about the killings?

 

"Actually, that news is true." Hyewon never showed a surprised reaction. She is expecting of a positive answer. But Chanyeol's next statement made her world banged. "I'm one of those alleged killers. I don't know what's gotten into them and they judged us, commiting a crime without our knowledge. That's pretty weird."

 

Hyewon can't find any answer with that. She can't believe it. How can Chanyeol do such thing? Maybe he was just accused. She thinks that Chanyeol is not guilty.

 

Chanyeol continued his story. "But when the investigation was conducted, it appears that no one of us had commited the crime. But my friends and I can't return people's trust."

 

"So we're stared by them not because you are..."

 

"Handsome?" Chanyeol continued her sentence. "Few months ago, we're admired by those people." and he pointed some crowd talking, and it's obvious that they're the topic. "But now? Nah, they're traduce us."

 

Suddenly Hyewon felt sorry for Chanyeol and his friends. "So... can I ask about that boy on the window?"

 

"Oh him? You're interested, huh?" Chanyeol stood up and started walking towards the gate. Hyewon followed him.

 

"What's his name?" Hyewon asked again. Chanyeol suddenly felt jealousness. He didn't believe in love at first sight; maybe in "like at first sight."

 

"Him? His name is ---" Chanyeol stopped when he heard a pound. Then he saw Jongin blankly staring at Hyewon.

 

"Ah... mianada." Hyewon bowed. She still knows the Korean ways of respecting people. Even though she is more verse in the Filipino way.

 

Chanyeol saw Hyewon passed Jongin, but knowing Jongin, he never let this thing pass just easily. He's already walking near the two; but his feet were glued on the grass when Jongin spoke.

 

"And who do you think you are?" Jongin asked Hyewon with full authority.

 

"Running 'round leaving scars." Hyewon answered. Hyewon saw Jongin's amazed expression. Then she was strucked by a jet when she realized what she said. She is in LSS with Christina Perri's song "Jar of Hearts."

 

"What did you say?" Jongin asked again. He's more scary. But Chanyeol filled the gap between them.

 

"Hep hep." Chanyeol faced Jongin. "She already said sorry, can you just accept that? She didn't mean to bump in you." he looked at Hyewon shortly and returned to Jongin. "Don't be so childish."

 

With Chanyeol's words, Jongin walked out. He's pissed off with Chanyeol.

 

"Chanyeol." Hyewon looked at him. "Kamsa."

 

"No problem." Chanyeol smiled. "He's Kim Jongin, my friend. Never try to bump into him again, he's a monster."