A Project with Joonmyun

Section K

"Knowledge is knowing that we cannot know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

 

"Class, you'll going to have a project by pairs. Get your partner now." Hyewon hate it. She don't have any friends in the class except Chanyeol. After that day, they became closer.

 

"Kyungsoo, do you have a partner already?" Hyewon was snatched by that voice, she can't take her eyes off him while he is talking to someone named Kyungsoo.

 

"Mianada, Joonmyun-hyung, I have one already." she saw the boy's face frowned. He went to ask another one again. Hyewon don't know his classmates' name, it's because no one tries to approach her.

 

"Baekhyun, do have a partner?" Joonmyun asked again Baekhyun, hoping that he will get a positive answer. But all he saw is Baekhyun's face saying "no."

 

He sighed in defeat. How can he find any partner then?

 

Joonmyun looked around the room, there he found a girl sitting on her chair. She's the transferee.

 

Hyewon didn't care around her. That's okay, she thinks. She can do the project all by herself. But a poke made her jump on the chair. There she saw the boy who's finding for his partner. He is standing beside her, with hopeful eyes. "Can I ask you?"

 

She smiled. "Okay."

 

"You see, I'm finding for a partner. Too bad Chanyeol is absent. Can I ask you then?"

 

Hyewon thinks this is a perfect time to accept his offer. It's better than never. "Okay, I don't have any partner too."

 

"By the way, I'm Kim Joonmyun. Nice to meet you, Lee Hyewon." Joonmyun offered his hand to Hyewon; Hyewon accepted it.

 

"You already know my name, huh? Nice to meet you too."

 

Joonmyun told Hyewon that they will meet after classes. Chanyeol called her during recess.

 

"Oh Hyewon-ah! You're so lucky to have Joonmyun as your partner!"

 

"Wae?" she curiously asked.

 

"Joonmyun is our class' top one!"

 

Hyewon's eyes grew large. Big fish!

 

"Joonmyun-hyung is so so so so so so so so intelligent!" how can Chanyeol live with exaggeration?

 

"Oh, I see. I bet this is my lucky day!"

 

"But, don't be so overwhelmed, Hyewon. Joonmyun is a perfectionist."

 

Hyewon can't find any reaction. "Ow. That's okay." then she looked on her wristwatch to see that she's already late for the next class. "Oh! Chanyeol, I need to go to class. I'm already late! Get well soon!" she said as she hanged up the phone.

 

The class went well and boring and after that, Hyewon straights to the field to talk about her project with Joonmyun as her partner.

 

They talked about their project that happens to be a report with a bit of presentation. Joonmyun can't take his eyes off Hyewon. He's attracted with her cute personality.

 

After their discussion, they decided to have a walk home.

 

"So you know what really happened to us?" Joonmyun asked Hyewon.

 

"Chanyeol told me a week ago." Hyewon smiled, she also felt sorry for Joonmyun because like Chanyeol, he was maltreated by others.

 

Silence won after that. Joonmyun wants to leave it like that because he's enjoying the atmosphere, while Hyewon wants to have more conversation because she wants to be comfortable with Joonmyun.

 

"Can I ask you?" Hyewon looks at Joonmyun, she wants to ask something that pins her head since last week.

 

"Mwo?" Joonmyun asked with curiousity.

 

"We have a classmate who's sitting beside the window..." Hyewon started, she is searching for the next words to say. "I'm curious about him, who is he?"

 

"Oh him?" Joonmyun smiled. What's with him that Hyewon is curious about? "His name is ---"

 

"HYEWON-AH! JOONMYUN HYUNG!" Hyewon and Joonmyun looked at the one calling, to see Chanyeol runs toward them.

 

"Chanyeol! You said you have a fever?" Hyewon asked Chanyeol then touched his forehead.

 

Feeling uncomfortable, Chanyeol held Hyewon's wrist and said, "I'm okay, after a little chat with you in the phone earlier, I felt well."

 

Joonmyun smiled, but little did he know that he's affected by that simple gesture of Chanyeol and Hyewon. "You like Hyewon?"

 

Hyewon startled. She can't react on what Joonmyun said.

 

Chanyeol caught up. "Aniyo Joon hyung. I like her as a friend." Chanyeol felt guilty after saying that, he's not used to lying. He likes Hyewon, a lot.