Chapter 8

My Prince?

 

Callista’s POV

 

            My heart started pounding hard from the shock of Onew sunbae’s sudden action. The others just stared at the both of us. I tried with all my might to utter out some words out, “O-onew s-sunbae….. w-what…. i-is it?” He answered me, while still holding my hands and his eyes still glimmering. “I want to be called oppa too.” He said while pouting. Wait! What? My knees weakened a bit at his sudden and ridiculous answer which made me almost drop to the floor. “W-what?” was the only thing I could stutter out.

 

            Dongwoon sunbae suddenly slapped the back of Onew sunbae’s head, making him let go of the grip he had on my hands to hold the back of his head. “Ouch!!!” Onew sunbae screamed. I took a large step back to widen the gap between me and Onew sunbae. “YAH! Why did you suddenly do that? Don’t you have any manners?” Dongwoon sunbae screamed into Onew sunbae’s ear. “Oww. Not so loud. I just wanted to be called oppa too. It’s been a long time since I’ve been called oppa by someone I actually know. A lot of our juniors call me oppa but I don’t really know them. Especially by a pretty girl.” Onew sunbae replied while giving me a smile. Dongwoon sunbae just rolled his eyes at him while the others just laugh. “Onew’s never been called an oppa since his dongsaengs are all boys.” Cheondung sunbae explained before turning towards Onew sunbae, “He’s the middle child in… thirteen other siblings, right?” Onew sunbae nodded before turning towards me. “Sorry about that. I sort of got carried away. But please do call me oppa.” He said, smiling apologetically to me.

 

            “Wait! What?! Thirteen other siblings? That’s like a cat.” Hara accidentally said. Soyu elbowed Hara’s arm, making her wince from the pain. “OUCH! Why did you do that?” Hara said while rubbing the spot where Soyu elbowed her. Soyu glared at her and said, “YAH! That was so impolite. Think about what your gonna say before you say it.” Hara put a hand in front of and a worried look was plastered on her face. She looked at Onew sunbae oppa. While bowing, Hara quickly said, “Oh. Mianhae. Mianhae. Mianhae. Onew sunbae. That was impolite of me. I didn’t think before I spoke. Mianhae.” Onew oppa smiled and said, “It’s okay. It was kinda funny. A lot of people were surprised when I told them I had thirteen siblings.” He turned to me and said, “Sorry again for suprising you like that, Callista.” He smiled at me with his warm and shining smile. His pearly whites shoned beautifully. I couldn’t help myself to melt a bit. Get a hold on your self Callista! You’re drooling over a guy when your crush is right beside him.

 

            I nodded and smiled back to him. “It’s okay, Onew oppa.” I said. Joongki oppa suddenly snapped his fingers and said, “Why don’t all of you call us oppa instead of boring old ‘sunbae’? I’m sure all of us would like that.” We all nodded and giggled. “Yah, you sure he wouldn’t mind being called oppa?” Junhyung oppa asked, gesturing towards Dongwoon sunbae. Joongki oppa grinned mischievously. “Ah, don’t worry. I’m sure pretty boy here would love to be called oppa.” Joongki oppa answered casually. Dongwoon sunbae whipped his head to Joongki oppa and glared at him. “Yah! NEVER call me pretty boy. I hate it.” He growled. Joongki oppa didn’t seem fazed at all. In fact, he looked amused. “What about them calling you Dongwoon oppa?” Joongki oppa asked, an amused smirk appearing on his face. Dongwoon sunbae turned silent. It seemed like he was deep in thought. I could even see the gears turning in his head. He suddenly looked away from all of us. “…Whatever.” Dongwoon sunbae muttered. Joongki oppa smiled victoriously and said, “Then it’s settled. From now on, you ladies should call us oppa.”

 

            Hara nodded eagerly before any of us could respond, and it seemed Joongki oppa took it as a sign that all of us were okay with it as well. He clapped his hands twice before smiling widely. “Aigoo~ see? We’re all getting along quite nicely,” Joongki oppa clasped his hands together delightfully, “Let’s celebrate our bonding with a few drinks!” He reached his hand out to catch the attention of an attending bartender. “Excuse me, but could we have ten shots of tequila here?” Joongki oppa asked politely. The bartender nodded and left to get the drinks. “You mean, we’re gonna drink alcohol?” Soyu asked, raising an eyebrow slightly. Joongki oppa nodded to her. “Of course! It wouldn’t be called celebrating if there’s no alcohol.” Joongki oppa said cheerfully, smiling glefully at Soyu. Soyu looked to me with a questioning look on her face, as if to ask me whether or not we should really do that. I shrugged lightly and tried to look nonchalant about it. It seemed as though Joongki oppa caught up with our little ‘conversation’, since he kept looking back and forth from Soyu to me.

 

            “Don’t tell me that none of you ladies have ever tried alcohol before?” Joongki oppa asked, frowning slightly. “Actually it’s just me and Soyu.” I said while looking at Soyu and Joongki oppa. “What about the others?” Cheondung oppa asked while glancing at Raina, Seohyun, and Hara. “I already tried tequila and soju once. I tried some when I was with my oppa. It was okay, I guess. But I didn’t get tipsy or anything.” said Raina. “I’ve tried some white wine and soju. I tried it when I was hanging out with my unnie and her friends. I remembered getting a bit tipsy after that. The next morning I was puking my stomach out.” Hara said with a little giggle.

 

            Junhyung oppa turned to face Seohyun and asked, “What about you Seohyun? Have you ever drinked alchohol before?” Seohyun answered, “Yes, I have. I’ve tried red wine and white wine when my parents had a dinner party with some foreigners. And I’ve tried tequila, vodka, and I think a few more. I tried those with Alexander [(formerly) from U-Kiss] oppa, my boyfriend, when we went to a few parties.” “What do you mean a few more?” Dongwoon oppa suddenly asked while raising an eyebrow. Seohyun answered, “I remembered I’ve tried tequilla and vodka before. I know I’ve tried a few other drinks but I can’t seem to remember what they were. I know I’ve tried others because I’ve had quite a few hangovers.” Everyone just stared at Seohyun in surprise. I never imagined that perfect Seohyun was one of those party girls.

 

            “Okay… So uh girls, I’m sorry to leave you all, but all of my buddies and I here need to greet the other guest. We wouldn’t want to be rude now do we?” Joongki oppa said breaking the silence. Cheondung oppa answered, “Oh yes. Please enjoy yourself ladies.” “Alright. Thank you very much for inviting us oppas.” Seohyun said while bowing. “Oh! She called me oppa ~” Onew oppa said gleefully. “Onew… Please control yourself.” Dongwoon oppa said while dragging Onew away. “See you all later.” Cheondung oppa and Junhyung oppa said together while walking the same direction as the others and smiles plastered on their faces. Ooh… Cheondung oppa’s friendly smile.And… Junhyung oppa’s warm smile.Wait! What?! Why am I thinking about him? Huh whatever. Old habits die hard I guess.

 

Hara suddenly clapped her hands and said, “Okay guys, this is a party, so let’s go meet other people. It’s time to socialize ~ ~” “You guys go ahead. I’m not really in the mood to talk to that many people.” Soyu said while taking a seat at the bar. I wasn’t really in the mood to socialize either, so I decided to stay with Soyu at the bar. I grabbed a seat next to Soyu and ordered some mocktails for the both of us. The drinks were good. I wonder what these are made of. We ordered more drinks as we talked. As time passed by, Soyu and I didn’t notice it, but we had drinked maybe about 4 or 5 glasses. I started to feel a bit dizzy. Did the bartender thought we asked for cocktails? Maybe I’m just sleepy. Whatever. Maybe I’m just tired.

 

I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked back. “Hey guys come and join us. We’re having a tequila shot drinking contest. The tequila’s on the house. Come on and join!” said a random party girl with bright pink hair. Soyu suddenly shot up and said, “SURE! What the hell. Why not.” I don’t think I was in my right mind, because I agreed to join much too easily. Upon hearing that answer, the girl took our wrists and guided us towards the side of the bar where they were having the contest. She suddenly stopped in her tracks and turned to us to say, “Oh, by the way. My name’s Jia [From Miss A. She still has her pink hair.] What’s yours?” “I’m Soyu and this is my lovely friend, Callista~” Soyu said with a smile on her face. The girl smiled and said, “Okay, Soyu and Callista, let’s get this party on.” She led us both to the other side of the bar.

 

This is Jia:

 

This is Alexander: