Chapter 7

My Prince?

Saturday, Party day!

@ Callista, Hara, and Raina’s apartment

 

Callista’s POV

 

            It was the day of the party. My heart was fluttering out of the anticipation of seing Cheondung sunbae. I bet he’s gonna look so handsome. I’m so thankful to Junhyung oppa. I wonder how he’s gonna look. Maybe he’ll put on his great smile through out the party. Wait! Why am I thinking about him so much? Huh… Whatever… Gotta get ready.

 

            I was applying the finishing touches on my make-up. Not too much, so I wouldn’t look cheap. Not too little, so I wouldn’t look like I didn’t put any effort. My eye liner was perfect, making my pure hazel eyes sparkle even more. I love my pure hazel eyes. I think I got them from my mom. Thank you mom!  I applied some light blushes on my cheeks, giving them a natural look. I already curled the bottom part of my light brown hair. I sprinted on some perfume and I was done.

 

            While I was putting some essentials in my clutch, I heard Hara and Raina arguing about Raina’s makeup. When wearing makeup, Raina always wears them lightly. Super lightly. Hara always complained how Raina looked like she didn’t put any effort. I popped my head out from my room and in to the living room. Hara looked so pretty in her dress. I turned my head and saw Raina with her pretty dress. I decided to go to the living room to stop the arguing.

 

               “Hey guys what’s wrong now?” I asked while looking at them both.

 

               “Raina wouldn’t wear any makeup.” Hara said while pouting at me.

 

               “I’m already wearing some makeup.” Raina defended, frowning.

 

               “But you need more. You need to wear more mascara, blush, eye liner, and… and…”Hara said in one breath.

 

“No way am I wearing that much makeup.” Raina insisted.

 

                “Okay. How about this, Raina, you wear a bit more mascara and eye liner. Hara how about you help me with my necklace?” I said while putting my hands on my hips.

 

                “Alright~” Raina and Hara said in unison.

 

            A few minutes after we finished getting ready, Hara’s phone rang. It was Soyu who called. She was already in front of the lobby of the apartment. We asked Soyu to pick us up with her car, because she was the best driver out of all of us. After Hara hung up, we all went downstairs and out the lobby. We spotted Soyu’s car immediately and went inside of it. Seohyun was already inside, so we went to the party.

 

At Splash Club, Joongki sunbae’s party.

 

            We arrived at the club and the party was in full swing. Lights flashed and music blared out from the club. Soyu parked the car near the club and we stepped out of the car, all of us dazed at the scene in front of us. I looked around and saw that a lot of people were heading towards the club with fancy clothing on. Good thing Joongki sunbae texted us about the clothes, or we would’ve stucked out a lot. Hara suddenly grabbed my arm and dug her nails into it and I flinched since it hurted a little. “I am so excited about this, Callista!” Hara squealed before jumping up and down in giddy. I nodded and slowly peeled her fingers off my arm. Hara turned towards Raina, Soyu, and Seohyun, a big grin on her face. “Girls, tonight is gonna be the best night of our lives, so you better remember it!” She yelled. Soyu put her hands on her hips and said, “Aren’t you overreacting? It’s just a party.” Seohyun giggled while Raina rolled her eyes and Soyu scoffed.

 

            We slowly walked into the club and almost immediately gasped. The club was larger than it looks from the outside, and it was jam-packed with people. Music filled the club as people danced here and there, the lights bright and fluorescent. Most of the people here, I noticed, are from our university. “There you girls are!” a familiar voice suddenly yelled. We looked to our right and saw Joongki sunbae approaching us, a Cheshire Cat-like grin on his face. He was wearing what looked like an expensive suit.  “Welcome to my fabulous party, ladies!” Joongki sunbae said while examining us from top to bottom. “You’re all looking very y and pretty tonight in your dresses. I’m pleased~” He winked, causing all of us to giggle except for Raina, who smiled lightly, and Soyu, who continued to pull her dress down lower while glaring at us. “Y-you’re looking good with your tuxedo too, Joongki sunbae.” Hara stammered. Joongki looked down to his suit and smiled. “Ah, yes, thank you. But please, call me Joongki oppa.” We all nodded nervously in response, which made him smirk at us.

 

Joongki sunbae oppa, suddenly snapped his fingers and said, “Ah! You ladies must see the bar! It is absolutely wonderful!” We all glanced at each other uncertainly before finally saying yes. We followed Joongki oppa through the thick crowd and finally got to the bar, a bit tired from pushing through the crowd of dancing people. The other sunbaes were standing at the bar, seemingly oblivious to our arrival since they kept talking and joking animatedly. Joongki oppa cleared his throat quite loudly to catch their attention. “You see, it’s just so nice to be friends with people who don’t even notice your arrival,” Joongki oppa said sarcastically when the other sunbaes still didn’t notice us, “makes you feel extra special.” The sunbaes finally noticed us and turned around to face us. “Ah, sorry about that, Joongki. We were talking about going to Jeju Island later at summer break and we sort of got carried away.” Onew sunbae said, smiling apologetically. Joongki oppa huffed before saying, “Fine. Whatever.” He smirked and slowly gestured towards us, “So guys, what do you think about these beautiful ladies?”

 

The sunbaes examined us before Cheondung sunbae finally said, “You all look pretty in those dresses.” He smiled and it felt like my heart pounded 100 times faster. Get it together, Callista. You don’t want to look like a fool in front of Cheondung sunbae! Very pretty.” Onew sunbae continued, smiling brightly. His smile actually hurt my eyes for a second there. Wow, that’s… scary. “Yeah.” Junhyung oppa commented, nodding and smiling lightly to us. I felt myself blush a little when he glanced to me. Yah, Song Callista. You are not supposed to blush because of Junhyung oppa! You like Cheondung sunbae, not Junhyung oppa! Dongwoon sunbae stayed silent and looked like he was pretending that he wasn’t paying attention to any of us. “Aigoo~ Dongwoonie is probably just overwhelmed by how beautiful you ladies look.” Joongki oppa teased, swinging an arm around Dongwoon sunbae’s shoulder while smirking, “Right, Woonie-yah?” Dongwoon sunbae scoffed before glaring at Joongki oppa. “Stop spewing crap like that or else.” Dongwoon sunbae warned.

 

“Or else what, Dongwoonie~?” Joongki oppa asked, smiling breezily at him, “I know you won’t hurt me since you love me sooo much~” Dongwoon sunbae suddenly grabbed Joongki oppa by the collar and lifted him up slightly, looking as if he’s about to hit him. Me and my friends gasped, and I turned towards the other sunbaes, but they looked perfectly normal. Bored even. It was as if they had seen this way too many times to be surprised anymore. “Oh really?” Dongwoon sunbae asked, a slight hint of annoyance and amusement in his voice, “You don’t think I’m willing to actually hurt you?” Joongki oppa raised both his hands in defense before saying, “Yah, yah, before you say or do anything else, I have one request for you.” Dongwoon sunbae raised an eyebrow. “And what is that request?” He asked. Joongki oppa looked dead serious. “Loosen your grip please. This is Prada and it costs a whole lot more than renting this club.” Joongki oppa said, and all of us laughed at his statement. “This is your typical Dongwoon and Joongki.” Cheondung sunbae said.

 

~Sudden silence~

 

“Joongki oppa, you really did a great job with this party. There are so many people here.” I said, trying to break the silence. Onew sunbae suddenly stepped right in front of me and grabbed both of my hands, covering them with his own hands. He pulled them up until they were near his chest. His eyes, that suddenly glimmered, stared deep into mine. He was so close it made my face heat up and turn red like a tomato. I was so startled that my jaw dropped and my eyes widened. I heard everyone gasp at Onew sunbae’s sudden action.

 

What the hell is he doing?!