Chapter 13

My Prince?

 

Yei! Tests are over and I can finally start updating! Sorry for not updating for so long. Hope you all still like my story ^^

 

Joongki’s POV

 

I leaned back a little and smirked at Junhyung when the girls were gone, feeling a bit mischievous. “Hey, Junhyung.” I called out. He looked at me with an inquiring gaze in his eyes. “What?” He asked, narrowing his eyes a bit. He must know that I’m gonna do something. “Cheondung brought Callista back to her apartment~” I said in a singsong voice, and Junhyung’s eyes widened slightly for a milisecond before turning back to his bored gaze. Well, this was gonna be very interesting. “And I’m supposed to care why?” Junhyung asked flatly. I felt a big grin forming on my face and turned to look at Dongwoon. He was giving me the ‘what the hell are you doing’ look with a mixture of curiosity in it, and I couldn’t help but smirk at him in return before turning back to Junhyung. “Because,” I nudged Junhyung’s side, “you’re jealous.”

 

Everything was silent, until Dongwoon scoffed and rolled his eyes. “Joongki, you’re either drunk, crazy, or high.” He muttered and crossed his arms over his chest. “I wouldn’t be surprised if he is drunk, crazy, and high all together.” Junhyung added, arching an eyebrow at me. I pouted, but ended up grinning widely. What’s the point in getting mad anyway? “You’re just saying that because I’m right.” I replied, waving a dismissive hand at him. Junhyung turned his body slightly to face me, eyes searching.

 

“What the hell are you talking about, Joongki? Callista’s my childhood friend. It’d be really weird if I was jealous of Cheondung because of her. Besides, I’ve already promised her that I’d help her get closer to Cheondung. And I might as well just say that it’s actually working based on the fact that he took her back to her apartment, and not me.” Junhyung’s voice and expression turned darker with every word as his fingers curled into fists. Damn, did I went too far this time?

 

“Junhyung-ah, I was just kidding! I didn’t mean any of that! It was all just a joke~” I quickly said and laughed. Well, sort of. It sounded forced and awkward, but it was still a laugh. Junhyung, though, didn’t seem to react or notice me since his hands were still fisted. His eyes were covered slightly by his bangs, but it was obvious that his mouth was curved downwards in a bitter frown. I gulped and silently cursed myself for provoking Junhyung. “Damn it, Junhyung! Stop digging your nails into your palms! You’re going to start bleeding if you keep at it!” Dongwoon hissed, and Junhyung finally uncurled his hands, only to find crescent shaped marks on his palms to his dismay. He lifted his head up slightly and gave both of us an emotionless look. I bowed my head a couple of times before saying, “I’m sorry, Junhyung-ah! I didn’t mean to get you vexed! Mianhae, mianhae, mianhae!”

 

“No, it’s no problem. You were just playing around. I don’t know what happened to me just now.” Junhyung blandly replied and nodded to me, as if to reassure me that it’s okay. I nodded back, and an awkward silence started filling the atmosphere even though the music was loud in the air. Well, this rarely happens. Dongwoon finally cleared his throat after a minute of silence between us and turned to Junhyung, eyes narrowed and inquiring. “So, Junhyung. I’m curious about something.” Junhyung turned to look back at Dongwoon, an eyebrow arched. “What is it?” He asked.

 

“Well, I just realized something. You rarely, maybe even never, help a girl try to get closer to us, let alone a girl who has a crush on one of us. Why’s Callista an exception?” Dongwoon asked, voice and expression serious. I nodded in agreement. “Yeah, I’ve been thinking about that as well. It’s sort of rare to see you interact with a girl, much less help her.” I chimed in. Junhyung blinked and slowly started rubbing the back of his neck, looking as if deep in thought. “Well, I don’t know.” He coughed rather awkwardly, “I want to see how far she goes to try and get closer to Cheondung. It’s actually amusing to watch. And she kind of reminds me of someone. She’s also sort of… nice… I guess….”

 

“And cute.” I added, earning raised eyebrows and glares from both Dongwoon and Junhyung. I poked my tongue out at them in return. “Whaaat? I’m just stating my opinion.” I said before huffing. Dongwoon scoffed while Junhyung shook his head and continued with the conversation. “Anyway, why do you guys ask?” He narrowed his eyes, “Do you both dislike Callista or something?” Dongwoon and I shook our heads simultaneously. “On the contrary. I think she’s a nice girl. A bit shy, but nice.” I said, “And I think her friends are pretty interesting as well. It’s actually nice having some girls hang out with us as friends. Even Dongwoonie agrees.” I nudged him mischievously. Dongwoon frowned, but didn’t deny my remark.

 

“See? He didn’t even scoff when I said that.” I commented, and Dongwoon punched me on the arm, glaring. “Shut up, Joongki.” He muttered, crossing his arms. I rubbed the spot where he punched me and pouted. “You didn’t have to punch me.” I whined. “I didn’t even hit you that hard!” Dongwoon replied, giving me an incredulous look. A soft chuckle, and we both turned to see Junhyung shaking his head with a small smirk on his face. “You guys are always like cats and dogs together, never getting along.” He murmured cryptically and stood up, stretching his arms, “I’ll be leaving then, boys. Try not to kill each other.”

 

We watched as he left the booth and disappeared into the crowd of people on the dance floor. I turned back to look at Dongwoon, who had magically produced a glass of red wine and was sipping it slowly. “Yah, Dongwoonie.” I called, shaking his arm. He turned slightly to give me an annoyed look. “What?” He asked through gritted teeth. I blinked and looked back to the direction Junhyung went, tapping the table with my fingers. “…Do you think there’s something different with Junhyung?” Dongwoon paused, looking as if deep in thought, and scratched the back of his head.

 

“Yeah, now that you mention it, Junhyung seems a bit different.” He took a sip of his wine, “He seemed… I don’t know, jealous when you said that Cheondung took Callista home,” He shrugged, “or maybe it’s just me.” I stayed silent and yawned, stretching a bit. God, I was so bored right now. “Joongki.” Dongwoon suddenly called. I looked to him with a raised eyebrow. He was staring at the crowd of people near our booth intently, eyes narrowed and questioning. “What is it?” I asked curiously, following the direction of his eyes. Dongwoon stayed silent, frowning.

 

“Is that… Krystal?”

 

Krystal is Junhyung's exgirlfriend. This is Krystal: