Chapter 12

My Prince?

 

Joongki’s POV

 

            I was wondering why Junhyung helped Callista in the first place. He never helped a girl trying to get close to one of us before. I was kind of surprised that Callista didn’t fangirl when she met Cheondung. And another thing, why isn’t her friends fangirling either? They don’t show much interest in being more then friends. Interesting. I wanted to know what they were like.

 

            “Anyway, what were you girls talking about before I came?” I asked. “We were just talking about Seohyun’s boyfriend.” Raina casually answered, gesturing to Seohyun, who was blushing slightly. “Ah, yes. Your boyfriend that you talked about earlier, what was his name again… oh yeah, Alexander, right?” I asked to Seohyun, and she shyly nodded, “I’m not surprised. A pretty girl like you should already have a boyfriend by now.” I winked, causing Seohyun to giggle and blush more. Ah, it felt good to be the best charmer in college.

 

I took a quick glance to Hara, who was shooting envious looks to Seohyun, and Raina, who looked pretty indifferent with the whole thing. I turned to Hara and gave her a sweet smile. Sure enough, she blushed and smiled back. “And what about you, Hara? Do you have a boyfriend?” I asked, applying my sweetest tone to my voice. “Ah, n-no. I’m c-currently single, Joongki oppa.” Hara stuttered, blushing even more so than before.

 

            “Really? A cute girl like you is still single?” I asked, astonished. Not gonna lie, I think all three of them and their currently wasted friends are very pretty. Hara nodded and giggled in response to my question. I turned to Raina this time, but it looked like she didn’t care that much. “Raina? Are you in a relationship?” I asked, giving her my most flirtatious smile ever. But she didn’t even blush. Ouch, that hurt my pride a bit.

 

“Nah, I’m not really interested in looking for a boyfriend right now.” Raina answered, playing with the hem of her dress. I tilted my head slightly, curious. “That’s weird. Usually girls as pretty as you and at your age are already looking for boyfriends.” I commented. Raina turned to me and blinked. “Really? I don’t think so. Maybe it’s because I have a part time job, but I don’t know.” She replied and shrugged, “Since we’re talking about relationships right now, are you currently in a relationship, Joongki oppa? Since it seems like you’re so popular and all that.”

 

Uh oh, she got me. “Well… n-no. Not at the moment.” I muttered sheepishly. “And why is that?” Raina asked me again. “Well, I guess I’m not really interested in a relationship right now. I’d rather have fun first.” I replied, “Plus, my dad told me that I’ve been spending way too much and that I need to ‘learn the value of money’ as well as start doing something useful for once. So I bought an empty lot and made a club. And my club happens to be one of the top clubs in Seoul.”

 

All three girls turned their heads towards me. “Oh really?” Raina asked, raising an eyebrow. “What’s the name of your club?” Seohyun asked. I looked around the club, trying to hold my laugh in and said, “Weeell… it’s just a little place called Club Splash. Nothing big, really.” Hara tilted her head slightly. “But, isn’t this place called Club Splash?” She asked, confused. “Hm, well yeah, I guess so.” I replied, nodding in acknowledgement.

 

            “Whoa, oppa! No wonder you could pull off a last minute party as awesome as this!” Hara complimented. I smiled cheerfully. “Why, thank you.” I said to Hara, and she shyly smiled back. “Hm, let’s talk about you guys now. Since I have a feeling that we’re gonna hang out together a lot.” I suggested. “What do you want to know about us?” Raina asked me. I tapped my chin thoughtfully. “Well, besides college, what do you guys do?” I asked. Hara and Seohyun’s eyes brightened slightly, while Raina gave a small smile. “Well, I usually have violin lessons or concerts outside of college. And sometimes I have to attend some lessons for when I take over my parents company.” Seohyun said, smiling. “Wow, you can play the violin?” I asked and she nodded, “That’s awesome.” I turned to Raina and asked, “What about you, Raina-ah?” She smiled slightly.

 

            “I work part time at a café as a barista. I’m working there because I’m saving up for something.” Raina replied, leaning back on the booth. “Then maybe you could make some coffee for me later on.” I said, winking flirtatiously. She gazed at me and slowly raised an eyebrow. “Flirt better, Joongki oppa.” She said before turning back to her glass of water and sipping it. I frowned as Seohyun and Hara laughed. I could see Raina holding in her laugh as she drank. “Eh, can’t blame a guy for trying.” I said, shrugging and turning to Hara, “And you, Hara?” Hara smiled proudly. “I work at a boutique as a clerk. My unnie suggested that I should work there.” She answered.

 

            I nodded and said, “Wow, you girls sure like to keep yourselves occupied. What about Callista and Soyu?” Raina put down her glass and answered, “Soyu’s in the university’s basketball team. She’s really sporty just like her oppas.” All the girls nodded in agreement. Seohyun turned to me and said, “Callista’s working in an ice cream shop. We don’t have our activities every day, only a few days a week. What about you and the others oppa?”

 

            As if on cue, Dongwoon and Junhyung suddenly came up to us. I smiled brightly. “Hey! There you guys are. I was beginning to think that you guys ditched the party. Come sit. We were just talking about you guys.” “I’m guessing Joongki’s been saying bad stuff about us.” Dongwoon stated as he and Junhyung took a seat. “N-no, not at all. We were just talking about our activities outside of college.” Hara said while playing with the hem of her dress. Dongwoon took a glass of water and started to drink it. I felt a mischievous smile forming on my face. “Oh, yeah. That reminds me. Junhyung and Dongwoonie here are in a dance crew. Dongwoonie here specializes in dancing to cutesy music~” Dongwoon, who was drinking, choked as the others and myself started laughing.

 

            Dongwoon suddenly pulled on my collar and yelled, “YAH! Stop making ridiculous lies about me.” I wiped a tear that was forming because of my laughter and said, “Hahah… okay, okay. Calm down. But seriously girls, they’re both in a dance crew.” Hara’s eyes seemed to light up upon hearing what I said. “Callista and I are really interested in a few genres of dance. We’re really interested in street, pop, locking, and all that. We think they’re really cool. We think people who can do those types of dances are cool.” Upon hearing Callista’s name, Junhyung suddenly became more interested in our conversation, as he leaned in a bit more to hear the conversation. “Oh really now? See Dongwoon, she thinks you’re cool.” Junhyung said while looking at Dongwoon. Dongwoon let go of the grip he had on my collar and looked away, seemingly embarrassed, “T-thanks.”

 

            “What about Cheondung oppa and Onew oppa?” Seohyun asked. “Well, Onew’s working at one of his father’s bakery. And Cheondung has kinda the same thing as you, Seohyun. But he has piano lessons.” I answered while fixing my collar. “What do you mean like Seohyun?” Junhyung asked. I started retelling the girls’ activities to Junhyung and Dongwoon.

 

            “You girls sure have some pretty interesting jobs. Maybe we should visit you guys at your work places sometime.” Junhyung said, smiling. “Sure I guess. As long as you oppas buy something and give us big tips.” Raina said while grinning. “Oh, my look at the time! It’s already 1 AM. We best be going back.” Seohyun said while looking at her watch and standing up. “Oh! Is that really the time? Time sure flies when you’re having fun. Seohyun, can Raina and I stay at your place? I think Cheondung oppa and Onew oppa will still be at the apartment.” Hara said as she stood up. Seohyun nodded as she took her clutch. “Oh, Joongki oppa. Can I leave Soyu’s car here until tomorrow? I think she left it here in the parking lot somewhere.” Raina said as she stood up. I nodded. All the girls thanked us and headed home.